• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Summer Update - 1.7, Refocusing, and More!

Lis

Career
Reaction score
Although I don't necessarily agree that we'll be operating 1.7 as well now, I will support the decision. I am excited overall about the updates, so good job developers! c:

ImToxic21

Platinum
Reaction score
Don't separate the solo SG Leaderboard. Just keep it in one neat leaderboard. As much as teaming is annoying, it's the game and so is playing solo. I would recommend limiting it to 2 man teams only as teaming is a problem. Just to see how that goes. But they're both current SG wins, so keep them on the same leaderboard. I love the SG Solo idea but on separate leaderboards.. nah. As well as, it will probs make things more competitive. And many players trash talk. I'd rather have a respectful community than a tryharding and foul language community. Keep everything on one leaderboard. Much simpler.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
Don't separate the solo SG Leaderboard. Just keep it in one neat leaderboard. As much as teaming is annoying, it's the game and so is playing solo. I would recommend limiting it to 2 man teams only as teaming is a problem. Just to see how that goes. But they're both current SG wins, so keep them on the same leaderboard. I love the SG Solo idea but on separate leaderboards.. nah. As well as, it will probs make things more competitive. And many players trash talk. I'd rather have a respectful community than a tryharding and foul language community. Keep everything on one leaderboard. Much simpler.
If they did that it would be so unfair.
This server is an ffa server (no teams), where everyone has the same chance of winning. And the other one can have a team as big as they want. The solo player there, or even a teamed person has a lower chance of winning. How will the stats be fair.

ImGRIIM

Spectator
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed straight away with the new update is the spectator glitch. Virtually every spectator is visible and at times it could be very distracting and could cause you to lose a battle.

ImToxic21

Platinum
Reaction score
If they did that it would be so unfair.
This server is an ffa server (no teams), where everyone has the same chance of winning. And the other one can have a team as big as they want. The solo player there, or even a teamed person has a lower chance of winning. How will the stats be fair.
We already get people abusing others on the server over rivalry and competitiveness. Making a whole new leaderboards after the stat reset.. so many players will trash talk and tryhard to get a good ratio. If all these players trash talk, the server becomes unfriendly. And for that, i'd rather have a more respectful community than a trash talking one.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Edited the thread to fix some typos, include some better style formatting, and include some clarifying information on some topics. I actually woke up in the morning, thought of some things I needed to change on the announcement, came on to find it already posted, and had to do the minor edits after the fact.

Does this mean that 1.8 blocks can't be used in map making? Also does this mean mcsg won't update to 1.9 when it comes out?
1.8 Blocks on new maps? Unfortunately yes, 1.8 blocks cannot be used on maps anymore. They will simply revert to a block that is contained in 1.7 upon being uploaded to the servers.
On the plus side, most of the blocks in 1.8 were cosmetic, so we didn't lose much functionality in the servers at all. Slimeblocks were the only concern, and they were not commonly used.

1.9? We'll have to see. A lot of people are concerned about 1.9's changes, and after what we've learned not to rush into updates

Huge props to the Administration for listening to us community members over the course of the last 8 months. Your decisions have paid off and the majority of us are most definitely pleased.
Huge thanks to all the developers who put in countless hours of hard work and concentration. We all love you for it.
Also shoutout to Col_StaR for writing this massive thread.. Cant wait to see what your next one is about :)
Hopefully the next one is about something short, sweet, and can be summarized in a single sentence.

Wait, what's that? It can't?

*Sigh*

Regardless, thank you.

The main reason that we're going with a seperate leaderboard is because the gamemode experiences are very distinct styles of MCSG. So it wouldn't be fair to two include stats from two distinct gamemodes into a player's stats, especially if our competitive community is so distinctive.

However, there are a number of separate peripheral decisions involved as well. Despite your argument that it'd increase trashtalk, Solo SG should have chat disabled ingame, so there shouldn't be any trashtalk at all. Furthermore, with a single leaderboard, you're more likely to see tryharding, but in MCSG; people who team have an easier time to win, meaning they'll shoot up the leadeboards without giving any of the Solo only guys a chance, so it's not fair to them.

Simpler is nice (and is a strong consideration with this update), but complexity is often necessary.

One thing I've noticed straight away with the new update is the spectator glitch. Virtually every spectator is visible and at times it could be very distracting and could cause you to lose a battle.
As with all updates, there are bound to be bugs.
Remember to report them here: https://github.com/MCGamerNetwork/Issues

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
How long is it expected for the lag to be fixed?

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree/excited for everything except the first 24 lines.

ImToxic21

Platinum
Reaction score
Edited the thread to fix some typos, include some better style formatting, and include some clarifying information on some topics. I actually woke up in the morning, thought of some things I needed to change on the announcement, came on to find it already posted, and had to do the minor edits after the fact.

1.8 Blocks on new maps? Unfortunately yes, 1.8 blocks cannot be used on maps anymore. They will simply revert to a block that is contained in 1.7 upon being uploaded to the servers.
On the plus side, most of the blocks in 1.8 were cosmetic, so we didn't lose much functionality in the servers at all. Slimeblocks were the only concern, and they were not commonly used.

1.9? We'll have to see. A lot of people are concerned about 1.9's changes, and after what we've learned not to rush into updates

Hopefully the next one is about something short, sweet, and can be summarized in a single sentence.

Wait, what's that? It can't?

*Sigh*

Regardless, thank you.

The main reason that we're going with a seperate leaderboard is because the gamemode experiences are very distinct styles of MCSG. So it wouldn't be fair to two include stats from two distinct gamemodes into a player's stats, especially if our competitive community is so distinctive.

However, there are a number of separate peripheral decisions involved as well. Despite your argument that it'd increase trashtalk, Solo SG should have chat disabled ingame, so there shouldn't be any trashtalk at all. Furthermore, with a single leaderboard, you're more likely to see tryharding, but in MCSG; people who team have an easier time to win, meaning they'll shoot up the leadeboards without giving any of the Solo only guys a chance, so it's not fair to them.

Simpler is nice (and is a strong consideration with this update), but complexity is often necessary.

As with all updates, there are bound to be bugs.
Remember to report them here: https://github.com/MCGamerNetwork/Issues
I understand what you mean, but if someone played solo they would get more wins and still move up the leaderboards. Nether the less, will this mean everyone will start from 0 wins on the solo SG leaderboard?

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
Oh Boy here comes the hackers. 1.7 and 1.8 hackers. There actually were a lot less hackers in 1.8 Also just go back to the old hub that had like 200 servers with like 5 48 and 120 man servers. Now half the time there are more 48 man servers than 24 man servers. Instead of trying to be more "efficient" just go back to the old hub. Nobody had any problems with it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci