• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Survival Games - An upcoming YouTube series. Help wanted!

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Hello,

welcome to MasterCat Productions! Us managers have a new project coming in November, but we require help..... lots of help. We would like to make a Survival Games series made like a TV series, with seasons, episodes etc, pretty much like Legend of Hobo or Arcan Chronicles. So as you can see this is a rather big project and we need a team which we will get into detail soon.
Oh fine, its just me, no one else and the company name needs to be worked on :p

The Story, What It Will Include:
This series will start out how life was like before people had to start to survive. How the Survival Games came about, why it started, what caused it etc, etc. But, this won't be just based on Survival Games like what you play here, instead, it will include several survival games such as zombie apocalypse. This series is about survival.
The ending will be: Why spoil it? Wait till it comes ;)
The series will include several mods. Let's face it, without mods, minecraft is boring and so would the series be without them. Here's a list of some of the mods I'd like to include:

Code:
Food Plus
Indstrial Craft 2
Build Craft
CameraStudio
Minema
Weapons Mod
Dynamic Lights
Ugocraft
Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders and GLSL Shaders
Optifine
Smart Moving
Project:Red

Some of the mods are for the cameraman and not for the actors. These are just some of the mods, more may be included when needed, but these are the mods that will be around for the whole series.

The Team:
Ok, so now you know a bit about the story and what the series will include, let's talk about the team and their jobs.

Script writer/Storyboard planner [Positions open: 0]:
Perhaps the most important job. Your job is to write the script for all the voice actors, plan out the storyboard, camera positions, the story has to be interesting, funny. Even though having 1 script writer/storyboard planner is great, 3 is better (technically 4 since I'll be helping as well) We'll also be handling the sound effects/other special effects as well.

Camermen [Positions open: 3]:
There will be at least 2 cameraman at the same time shooting from different angles. Sometimes we will need 4, we'll see, if not, then its good to be backup.
You will need to use all the mods, so make sure you have a strong PC and don't worry about owning FRAPS or Bandicam, the mod Minema and CameraStudio will take care of that :)

Scene Builders [Positions open: 17]:
Its a big world, lots of scenes need to be built, so we need very good builders who know their way around WorldEdit and VoxelBox. 10 will be enough for the small scenes, but for big ones, we will need more members. Of course, more than 10 can help for the smaller scenes if needed or if you just want to help out.
You won't be needing all the mods, like the camera stuff (shaders, minema) but you will need the rest, so you also need a PC that can run Tekkit/FTB with a good amount of FPS (40FPS in an unbuilt world won't be good enough, we will be surrounded with buildings, 40FPS within a city is great)

Actors [Positions open: 30+]:
Your job is to act, ba dum tssss. You will need all the mods (part from camera mods) and will need 60FPS+. Why 60? 60FPS is the perfect amount to be able to play, its really smooth. Anything lower is not really good enough, I'll allow 40, but no lower than that.
It is not required that you talk (voice actor) but you can apply to be one if you want.

Voice Actors [Positions open: 18]:
We don't need so many, since you can "change" your voice to another without really knowing its the same person, so you can voice for several characters. If you aren't an actor, you won't be needing any mods, just a good microphone, with no background noise or fuzzy sound, that doesn't sound right.... It should sound good.

Artists [Positions open: 1]:
We will be needing texture packs, skins, everything to make the scene to look nice. 2 should be enough, but if not 4 will be.

Director [Positions open: 0]:
You'll be working a long with me, helping with the film editing, storyboard and everything else that needs attention.

If you like the sound of this project then post below with your application and if you don't fit into any of these positions, then I hope you will like the videos that we produce :)

Side note: If you think this will consume your time/will take up a lot of your time, don't worry, I plan to make this a less stressful as possible and also less time consuming. Everything will be planned out in advanced so its less stress for you and for everyone else. Acting will props only last 1 or 2 hours, not any longer (1-2 hours per filming day, not week)
I'm also busy with other stuff (such as studying for driving) which is why I am waiting till November to do this.

Applications:

Script writer/Storyboard planner:
Code:
Name:
Experience:

Camerman:
Code:
Name:
Experience:
Good PC?:
Scene Builders:
Code:
Name:
Experience:
Good PC?:
Actors:
Code:
Name:
Experience:
Good PC?:
Voice Actors:
Code:
Name:
Experience:
Please send a link of you reading a sentence from a book, no download link, just upload to soundcloud. Tip: Make your self interesting.
Artists:
Code:
Name:
Experience:
Director:
Code:
Name:
Experience:
Good PC?:
Age limit: Generally, I have no problem if there are 12 year olds in the team, but on some jobs there will be an age limit of 16+ on the following:
  • Director
  • Script/Storyboard writer
  • Cameraman
Microphone: The only area you need a microphone is voice actor. I myself prefer to type than to talk, plus if everything is written down then we can remember/look back at what we spoke about. So having is not needed unless you are a voice actor.

Name and Contact: No, you don't need to put a name, we will be contacting each other via Skype, that is a requirement. Talking is not, unless you are a voice actor.

Last edited:

Intensebrawler

Experienced
Reaction score
Voice Actor
Name: Intensebrawler (I'll pm my irl name)
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Mic: Blue Icicle (HD)
Experience: Nothing official but I can change my voice pretty well (anything from stereotypical narrator to old man)

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
Actors:
Name: Mlpoknzaba/Zaba
Time Zone: BST (British Summer Time, or just UK time)
Experience: I have acted in front of over 1000 people.
Good PC?: Yep, it handles and average MCSG game with around 100 fps. It would get more but my internet is a bit slow. (It is going to be upgraded soon)

NOTE:
I would love to apply for Storyboard writer as I love to write, and I think that your 16 age limit is a bit high, buttttt it is your decision, and it depends who you are aiming the production at. (the young MC player [12 year old], or the slightly older player [16+])

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Voice Actor
Name: Intensebrawler (I'll pm my irl name)
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time
Mic: Blue Icicle (HD)
Experience: Nothing official but I can change my voice pretty well (anything from stereotypical narrator to old man)
Could you please send me a link of your voice, just read a sentence from a book, if you don't want it public, just PM me :)

For others: Name and Experience is optional, it is not required.

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
Name: Christian Guerrero
Time Zone: PST
Experience: I have experience in theater in school[played lead in 3 of my highschool plays :D]
Good PC?: Yes sir!

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Actors:
Good PC?: Yep, it handles and average MCSG game with around 100 fps. It would get more but my internet is a bit slow. (It is going to be upgraded soon)

NOTE:
I would love to apply for Storyboard writer as I love to write, and I think that your 16 age limit is a bit high, buttttt it is your decision, and it depends who you are aiming the production at. (the young MC player [12 year old], or the slightly older player [16+])
16 does seem a bit high, but if you are as good as you say you are, send me an example of what you can do and maybe I'll make an exception ;)

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
This sounds awesome! Lemme me figure out how I could contribute... Hmmm...

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Name: Christian Guerrero
Time Zone: PST
Experience: I have experience in theater in school[played lead in 3 of my highschool plays :D]
Good PC?: Yes sir!
I'm guessing actor?

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Actors:

NOTE:
Exception made! Interesting story, add me on skype: micr2minecrafters2

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci