• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The whole new map...

Agent_A

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree this, before this map came out I could run 256x texture packs fine, no problem, but now 128x is giving me a bit of lag, where with the 256x texture packs before I could get like 60-100 fps no problem. This map just makes it far to laggy. Even when I give Minecraft another gig of RAM, it still does not work. Please fix this.

Agent_A

Spectator
Reaction score
Seriously though, I would get 100 fps no problem, now i run a 128x texture pack on the servers with 30-40 fps.

majorhewitt

Spectator
Reaction score
Now i'd like to throw this out to the people who have complained about map 2 (for any reason), would you prefer to have the servers on a rotation between the maps, or have map 1 on some servers and map 2 on others? I'm curious to see your opinions. Personnally i think map 2 is a stunning piece of craftmanship but ill suited to the everyday player who might have come across these servers, as in it's too big and causes lag problems, even with giving it more RAM, optifine etc.

Zionboy

Tribute
Reaction score
Now i'd like to throw this out to the people who have complained about map 2 (for any reason), would you prefer to have the servers on a rotation between the maps, or have map 1 on some servers and map 2 on others? I'm curious to see your opinions. Personnally i think map 2 is a stunning piece of craftmanship but ill suited to the everyday player who might have come across these servers, as in it's too big and causes lag problems, even with giving it more RAM, optifine etc.
Don't get me wrong I do love the new map, it's great for exploring :)
An I thought Chad an the other mod/admins decided at some point when they get closer to fixing most bugs an other problems their going to have the maps rotate every round, or a couple of rounds. That way it's not always stuck on the same map all the time. Cause I know their working on more maps to add in then just the two Vareide has made so far.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
Maybe, but that makes winning all the better - more glory and all. I like it - the challenge, the competition, and the determination that you must have to win. I just won a match in which it lagged the whole time. Let me point out something: disable rain, if you can. It lags the whole server and destroys the gameplay.

I do think they should rotate the maps, though, because if we just did map 1 and map 2 servers, all the sissies would play on the map 1 servers and win on them.

The holes in the map are avoidable if you're careful.
Now, the disconnecting problems is an issue. Whether it's the map, the players, or the servers, a lot of people have been disconnected, many times in crucial moments, or when they're about to win. Either way, the "crew" has a lot of bugs and issues they need to fix, and I guarantee they already know of the complaints and errors, so I think we should all stop bringing this up. They'll fix it when they can and rotate the maps when they can. It takes a lot of work.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I do love the new map, it's great for exploring :)
An I thought Chad an the other mod/admins decided at some point when they get closer to fixing most bugs an other problems their going to have the maps rotate every round, or a couple of rounds. That way it's not always stuck on the same map all the time. Cause I know their working on more maps to add in then just the two Vareide has made so far.
I've had the not being able to move very far lag, and it happens because of the players' poopy connections. When this happens, just back out and look for a server with a good connection. There is nothing else you can do about it.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its not like i cant play on the new map, I can IF i turn down my render distances greatly, because its the chunks that load in the distance that cause me lag

lookoxp

Spectator
Reaction score
my minecraft loses memory, anyone know what that's about?

Ck400

Tribute
Reaction score
It's a smaller map than the other map. Also the first time I played on that map I won. It's easy

Ck400

Tribute
Reaction score
Also it now switches between old and new maps

lookoxp

Spectator
Reaction score
yeah, but i can't even play! it loses memory first. only on the new map, but i haven't been on the old one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci