• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The word "Nub", banable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MYREALNAMEISJYE

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!
This will just be short and sweet post about my thoughts :D

So is it just me or has the trend of calling a particular person a "nub" starting to catch on? To be honest it is starting to drive me insane! I know its not the most offensive word in the world but I'm quite sure that "nub" is referring to "noob" or "nob" and it can be very offensive to good players (tell me if I'm wrong). The trend is certainly becoming more and more popular in the au servers and I believe it should be a banable offense. Now the one thing a most hate about MCSG is being called a nub, after I am killed.

Just letting the MCSG community know my feelings on the whole situation, so please in the comments right about your experiences and if its happening around the world as-well, and if you think it should be a banable offense too!
Thank you

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
Depends how you use it. If you use it like this it's ok:
"Hey there, little nub :p" (jokingly)

But if you say it like this it really isn't:
"HAHAHAHAHAA what a freaking NUB! GG 10 hearts NUB get stemrolled scrub lel NUB!!!"

Educating_

Platinum
Reaction score
Agreed. Shouldn't be bannable, it's a word that jealous people use. When I'm called this, I simply just ignore it. Doesn't mean anything to me. I suggest you do the same

FireRedcoats

Diamond
Reaction score
If the words something related to "Noob" can be banable, I think more than 30%(Completely random :p) of MCSG player will get banned :p

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I've actually seen a decrease in people who say things like "Nub" and "Noob" recently :p My friends and I constantly call each other nubs and noobs, if it became bannable then we'd all be banned and what would be the point? :p I consider it just to be a joke, a funny word. It's gotten to the point where I've given the word "Noob" a reputation among my friends, and everyone has noob names now like I'm HalfNoob and people just have noob inserted into their names :p It's fun :) Noob isn't used as a bad word by me, nor have I seen it used much at all recently.

FireRedcoats

Diamond
Reaction score
If the person is actually classifying the words like "Nub" or "Noob" as harassing and telling you to stop because you cannot keep doing that. Although if they take it as a joke most likely it is OK, I guess.

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
I've actually seen a decrease in people who say things like "Nub" and "Noob" recently :p My friends and I constantly call each other nubs and noobs, if it became bannable then we'd all be banned and what would be the point? :p I consider it just to be a joke, a funny word. It's gotten to the point where I've given the word "Noob" a reputation among my friends, and everyone has noob names now like I'm HalfNoob and people just have noob inserted into their names :p It's fun :) Noob isn't used as a bad word by me, nor have I seen it used much at all recently.
You're HeffNub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci