• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The word "Nub", banable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerChappy

Experienced
Reaction score
The first time I played Winds of Change, I only got a leather helmet, leather tunic, chain leggins, and gold boots. I had a stone sword, with a bow and 4 arrows (when the DM started). When the Deathmatch started, it was just some other guy and myself. He had an iron helmet and chestplate, with diamond leggings and boots, AND a diamond sword.

I killed the guy with 8.5 hearts left. Then I said '#2ez!' in chat, just once. I joined the lobby again afterwards, and his team of 4 started saying that I was going to get banned for abuse.
I didn't get banned, but is that really abuse? I didn't say he sucked, because I've versed him before and lost, on much fairer terms. Any opinions?

NB: That's the only time I've ever said '2ez'.

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You can't ban someone for saying a certain word. If they repeatedly use the word to harass and abuse you then that's certainly something to be at least kicked for.

Reaction score
Nuu plez i dunz want get banned :(
No, In all seriousness, I think as long as the context is right (as in not intended as abuse, but as a joke) and you take it the wrong way, then too bad. Deal with it. If it's out of order, rage a bit. I like to :p And if it's abuse, screenshot and report. 2ez scrubs

RedRavenMC

Career
Reaction score
If it offends you I think you should start playing less. It's the internet, he's probably calling you a "nub" because he's jealous.
You realise how screwed the au community is? If someone says "nub" it is usually a taunt to annoy them. Good sports are rare in au.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Unless they're kidding, the only people who usually say this are people who are extremely cocky. You know, the kinds of people who swear in almost every sentence they say and aren't mature at all, but think they're really cool. It's kind of how bullying works. Chances are, they don't feel good about themselves IRL or maybe even feel that they suck at SG, and so they need to feel superior over someone, and therefore they call you a "nub" and possibly other things after they win a fight. It's nothing to take personally, just ignore it and you won't care as much. When I die I quickly leave the server so I don't see their response to killing me if they have one that is insulting me.

NinjaChicken23

Diamond
Reaction score
Now this is a very controversial topic. The majority of players in the AU mcsg community have somewhat of a skill level in PvP/SG while in other communities such as US and EU this is not so (no offence intended, this is based off of my own personal experiences). Due to this, there is a lot of flame and competition between AU players, therefore causing the overuse of words such as "nub", "noob", "scrub" etc. Recently there has been a HUGE rise in hackers as well, which go around with every hack in the book killing good players and saying "GG nub." The lack of AU mods means that these hackers can continue hacking and abusing without receiving a ban because the word "nub" is not sufficient evidence for a ban. I believe that it should become a bannable offence because it is starting to drive good players like me crazy . Just some of my opinions thanks guys!

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I get called a nub by random players but then I go tryhard mode on them, it seriously does shut them up and it's probably the best feeling ever once you kill them so then you'll have a chance to call them a nub.

ALL DAY ERY'DAY

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Now this is a very controversial topic. The majority of players in the AU mcsg community have somewhat of a skill level in PvP/SG while in other communities such as US and EU this is not so (no offence intended, this is based off of my own personal experiences). Due to this, there is a lot of flame and competition between AU players, therefore causing the overuse of words such as "nub", "noob", "scrub" etc. Recently there has been a HUGE rise in hackers as well, which go around with every hack in the book killing good players and saying "GG nub." The lack of AU mods means that these hackers can continue hacking and abusing without receiving a ban because the word "nub" is not sufficient evidence for a ban. I believe that it should become a bannable offence because it is starting to drive good players like me crazy . Just some of my opinions thanks guys!
Controversial topic?

No, it should not be bannable because it's the same thing as noob, which is in no way offensive or vulgar.

Coolkidmaster331

Spectator
Reaction score
I hate being called a nub, I only say that to my friends. Which they understand it is a joke between me and them, But I am a Semi-Decent player and If I get called a nub after being killed by a team of 6, I get a little mad. after killing over half of them. (Isn't team of 6 Illegal?)

R

roguehh

It honestly depends on the context of the word used. As mentioned before, if it's a light message ten it wouldn't be bannable on its own. But if used in an insulting or abusive way, then yes. QA?
To add on what KitMencha said, abuse reports are reviewed on a case by case basis. When in-game, staff members will judge what people say within the proper context. Therefore, we can't say whether or not the use of a certain word is punishable before we have seen the evidence or have judged the situation.

Question answered, thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci