• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

There should be a way that you activate a 'safe mode'

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
On the other hand, suppose you're trying to help a friend win or do some crazy, deadly in-game stunt. You are planning on losing, even if you could easily beat the competition. It'd be nice to be able to not mess up a nice ratio when you're essentially trying to lose.
But then that game should be on your records, because that should be part of the consequences of doing such a thing.
I don't think a safe mode makes much sense, because the whole idea for records is to see how good you are, like NewYorkKidd said. If not all your games are shown there, then it could be completely different.

DeluxeMunchies

Spectator
Reaction score
It also defeats the whole purpose of a ratio to begin with. Your ratio is supposed to reflect whether or not your bad/good days effect your game play, as well as how good at winning you are against random competition. Having an override for that is basically a way for players to say "There are too many good players in this game, better make sure I don't ruin my perfect ratio because they easily overpower me"
That is true. But the point of it is to practice so at one point you feel like you are ready enough to try to actually rank up. It's like singing for a talent show. Right now it is basically like, for example, the only way to get better at singing is to actually go to a show, even if you have NO idea how to sing and you will do horribly in front of everyone, it's the only way to actually get better, and once you are a pro, you've already gained a bad enough reputation from everyone. So the only way to prevent that is by naturally being born and catching on quickly that you were only bad like a few times. Kind of the same concept, if you are a total noob at this game, the only way to practice is to actually play for real, and most likely, unless you are somehow naturally skilled, you will lose most of the time and by the time you have a firm grasp on how to play the game, your KD is already really bad and it will be really hard to actually rank up even if you are good. So safe mode would be kind of the same like practicing singing before you are actually ready to perform on stage.

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
I'd rather not see this.
It just doesn't seem like a perfect idea, with lots of faults, it would hurt the point system and ruin it badly.

Jadiouu

Platinum
Reaction score
Having a few training servers with no rank system would be great, but not the safe mode.

Dexento

Survivor
Reaction score
It also defeats the whole purpose of a ratio to begin with. Your ratio is supposed to reflect whether or not your bad/good days effect your game play, as well as how good at winning you are against random competition. Having an override for that is basically a way for players to say "There are too many good players in this game, better make sure I don't ruin my perfect ratio because they easily overpower me"
As NewYorkKidd9 said; Both ratio and points is to reflect whether you're good or not. I'm sorry, but if i know the community well enough, this will never be implemented.

Rashirim

Experienced
Reaction score
It is a good idea but there are some flaws such as '5 friends are playing together 1 is in 'normal mode' while the others are in 'safe mode' they meet up in a game and let the friend in normal mode to kill them and that would result in the normal mode friend getting a lot of points for no hard work but a set up and the 4 friends wouldn't mind it because they aren't losing any points' so yea that would be a kind of cheating in my opinion so a few servers in no rank mode would be better then safe vs. normal mode on safe server to make it fair.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It is a good idea but there are some flaws such as '5 friends are playing together 1 is in 'normal mode' while the others are in 'safe mode' they meet up in a game and let the friend in normal mode to kill them and that would result in the normal mode friend getting a lot of points for no hard work but a set up and the 4 friends wouldn't mind it because they aren't losing any points' so yea that would be a kind of cheating in my opinion so a few servers in no rank mode would be better then safe vs. normal mode on safe server to make it fair.
Very true.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That is true. But the point of it is to practice so at one point you feel like you are ready enough to try to actually rank up. It's like singing for a talent show. Right now it is basically like, for example, the only way to get better at singing is to actually go to a show, even if you have NO idea how to sing and you will do horribly in front of everyone, it's the only way to actually get better, and once you are a pro, you've already gained a bad enough reputation from everyone. So the only way to prevent that is by naturally being born and catching on quickly that you were only bad like a few times. Kind of the same concept, if you are a total noob at this game, the only way to practice is to actually play for real, and most likely, unless you are somehow naturally skilled, you will lose most of the time and by the time you have a firm grasp on how to play the game, your KD is already really bad and it will be really hard to actually rank up even if you are good. So safe mode would be kind of the same like practicing singing before you are actually ready to perform on stage.
There are other PvP servers where you can practice...

Zana

Career
Reaction score
This idea is.... Amazing i love it, hopefully they will do it someday soon! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci