• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Things i've noticed about popular maps.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey there, lets get to the point. Theres something i've noticed about most of the popular maps (Remember, there are some exceptions)

Most popular maps are based off Cites or towns, and are extremely urban, with some small place where there is some mountain or something (Good wording, I know). Most popular maps are, when you think about it extremely flat, the flat areas are spaced out, but there are a lot of them. Most popular maps are also very small. At an estimate (I haven't done my research) I would say a lot of the popular maps are around 215 - 315 blocks in radius (Correct me if I'm wrong) .

So if you want to make a popular map, try following these guidelines, because it seems to me some of the
most amazingly terraformed maps are not being accepted, because, like it or not, people want flat, urban areas to PvP in.

User suggested characteristics of popular maps:

SniperSnakez - Most popular maps have main points on the map (ex. Valleyside is Football field, SG4 is Airfield, SG2 is Pink House(s) ect..)
SuperxAndrew - Popular maps have landmarks, areas for pvp, and easy to maneuver landscape. At the same time, they must have good builds coupled with some well done terrain variation as well as plenty of chests. Also, a corn that can be fought on or a death match arena.

Thanks for reading this, I hope i've made you think a little. <3. Also, if you have noticed anything about popular maps, take a little time to tell me <3.

PS: Good luck with your map.

Last edited:

ImagineFrags

Spectator
Reaction score
Any map has a possibility of being a favorite. Sure you might notice that more of the popular maps fall under the category you described, but honestly any map done well enough could, like I said, be a favorite. I'm not necessarily arguing with your statement, that's just what I had to say.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Any map has a possibility of being a favorite. Sure you might notice that more of the popular maps fall under the category you described, but honestly any map done well enough could, like I said, be a favorite. I'm not necessarily arguing with your statement, that's just what I had to say.
I somewhat agree. Like I said, there are some exceptions ( Fortune Island is relatively popular and definitely one of my favourites, yet it is not urban at all.)

All i was doing is putting the characteristics of most of the popular maps, and I was not wrong. <3

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Might want to add this: Most popular maps have main points on the map (ex. Valleyside is Football field, SG4 is Airfield ect..)

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
A lot of maps are liked simply because have so many tier 2's c:
I dont think that really counts (Sorry). Mainly because it could go either way.

Example:

Player 1: I love [Map] because it has so many tier 2's I get so much great stuff!
Player 2: I hate [Map] because it has so many tier 2's and everyone gets so much great stuff!

RonnieBond123

Diamond
Reaction score

Example:

Player 1: I love [Map] because it has so many tier 2's I get so much great stuff!
Player 2: I hate [Map] because it has so many tier 2's and everyone gets so much great stuff!
Never seen anyone say 'Oh heck, I really hate this map - so many damned tier 2s!!!11!'

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Example:

Most people don't dislike lots of tier 2s.

This trend can be kinda frustrating at times. It's fun to make something different from the rest, but it's a lot of risk that normally doesn't pay off, at least in the sense of having a popular map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci