• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Things i've noticed about popular maps.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I somewhat agree. Like I said, there are some exceptions ( Fortune Island is relatively popular and definitely one of my favourites, yet it is not urban at all.)

All i was doing is putting the characteristics of most of the popular maps, and I was not wrong. <3
Fortune is the worst built map in the history of MCSG. I mean it is literally a jungle with a couple of structures here and there. I mean, you know its sad when the village is an NPC village. It is only kind of popular because it has a few good routes, so all the noobs vote for it.

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
What I have noticed about popular maps is that they are popular.

Fortune is the worst built map in the history of MCSG. I mean it is literally a jungle with a couple of structures here and there. I mean, you know its sad when the village is an NPC village. It is only kind of popular because it has a few good routes, so all the noobs vote for it.
hell games lol

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Then I guess im a nub. <3

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Never seen anyone say 'Oh heck, I really hate this map - so many damned tier 2s!!!11!'
I've been in a lot of clans and been in a ton of skype calls with players, trust me you hear it, and you probably have too.

I can double post cause its my thread SUCKAS.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have an uncontrollable hate for any of the Breeze Island maps. Breeze Island 1
has only like 3 tier 2's excluding corn. Breeze Island 2 is an improvement but I still don't like it and Demons Breeze is okay because there's actually a good helping of tier 2's, but the amount of times I have been targeted off spawn and punched into lava because I got a good corn chest is too damn high. No idea why they're popular.

Most popular maps do have distinguishable landmarks and flat areas for PvP, which people like. Some of the other maps and newer maps have been focusing on aesthetics more than functionality.

Edited due to user(s) having complaint upon my original wording.

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
I have an uncontrollable hate for any of the Breeze Island maps. Breeze Island 1 is a tiny piece of crap with only like 3 tier 2's excluding corn, Breeze Island 2 is an improvement but I still don't like it and Demons Breeze is okay because there's actually a good helping of tier 2's, but the amount of times I have been targeted off spawn and punched into lava because I got a good corn chest is too damn high. No idea why they're popular.

Most popular maps do have distinguishable landmarks and flat areas for PvP, which people like. Some of the other maps and newer maps have been focusing on aesthetics more than functionality.
Breeze got retiered I think?

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
That aside, which for all I know is a problem which could only affect myself, it's way too small and a bit of an eyesore to look at (in my opinion).
Its a go-to-map for teams, its flat ground, high amount of water, and steep hills make it easy for teams to dominate the match.

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
Its a go-to-map for teams, its flat ground, high amount of water, and steep hills make it easy for teams to dominate the match.
Especially water- decent teams in water are incredibly difficult to take out.

RonnieBond123

Diamond
Reaction score
Map makers just really need to focus on two things: don't add a lot of trees (seriously, don't), and don't add much water at all.

Also, I'm still waiting for a map that is solely based inside of a giant whale.
My friend has created a deathmatch area inside the belly of an elephant c: but I'll mention the whale idea to him...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci