• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Things i've noticed about popular maps.

Team Helix

Praise Helix
Reaction score
Town - check
Small - check (200 radius)
Flat with terraforming at the edges - check
Good for pvp - check
Main points - check
Not too much water - check
Not too many trees - check

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Bringing this back. ( Not a necro) just still wanna see what people think.

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
I have an uncontrollable hate for any of the Breeze Island maps. Breeze Island 1
has only like 3 tier 2's excluding corn. Breeze Island 2 is an improvement but I still don't like it and Demons Breeze is okay because there's actually a good helping of tier 2's, but the amount of times I have been targeted off spawn and punched into lava because I got a good corn chest is too damn high. No idea why they're popular.

Most popular maps do have distinguishable landmarks and flat areas for PvP, which people like. Some of the other maps and newer maps have been focusing on aesthetics more than functionality.

Edited due to user(s) having complaint upon my original wording.
Your hate for Breeze Island is ok, but unfair. I'd expect more from a mod than to trash talk a map like that. Sure, you don't have to like it, but how would the map maker feel if he saw that? etc....

Also, as for the thread, popular maps have landmarks, areas for pvp, and easy to maneuver landscape. At the same time, they must have good builds coupled with some well done terrain variation as well as plenty of chests. Also, a corn that can be fought on or a death match arena.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Your hate for Breeze Island is ok, but unfair. I'd expect more from a mod than to trash talk a map like that. Sure, you don't have to like it, but how would the map maker feel if he saw that? etc....

Also, as for the thread, popular maps have landmarks, areas for pvp, and easy to maneuver landscape. At the same time, they must have good builds coupled with some well done terrain variation as well as plenty of chests. Also, a corn that can be fought on or a death match arena.
I made that post pre-moderator, by the way. My choice of words wasn't the best I agree, and so I've edited the post accordingly.

ItsMac

Survivor
Reaction score
I somewhat agree. Like I said, there are some exceptions ( Fortune Island is relatively popular and definitely one of my favourites, yet it is not urban at all.)

All i was doing is putting the characteristics of most of the popular maps, and I was not wrong. <3
#breezeisland,demonsbreeze,solarfrost,tsg2,windsofchangeARE.......not......URBAN

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
#breezeisland,demonsbreeze,solarfrost,tsg2,windsofchangeARE.......not......URBAN
true, but if you put those up against SG4 VS Z85 , they would all beat them in a vote.

ItsMac

Survivor
Reaction score
true, but if you put those up against SG4 VS Z85 , they would all beat them in a vote.
Zone 85 would get obliterated by Demons Breeze, it isn't that popular

carlos | blxss

Platinum
Reaction score
Something I find about a few popular maps are the routes that are over populated with tier 2's. They aren't exactly spread out as well and people like that because they feel as though if they get that route, they will be the most stacked and it's an easy win.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Since when was SG2 a popular map?

Also people like maps that are well lit, or bright. That's why maps like memory of earth don't succeed and even if they do aren't as popular like Remnant.

Exception being moonbase9. The reason it succeeds is because of landmarks and how open it is for PVP.

ItsMac

Survivor
Reaction score
Since when was SG2 a popular map?

Also people like maps that are well lit, or bright. That's why maps like memory of earth don't succeed and even if they do aren't as popular like Remnant.

Exception being moonbase9. The reason it succeeds is because of landmarks and how open it is for PVP.
I said tsg2, Teweran Survival Games 2 (Drybone Valley)

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Zone 85 would get obliterated by Demons Breeze, it isn't that popular
Yeah right, been playing EU lately?
Lets not start a flame war, instead lets have formal discussion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci