• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Thoughts on Catching Fire (the movie)

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet, but considering it seems to be better than the first one I might need to have a look. How was the visuals?
Me and my friend were watching it and we were being giants butts. I had already read the book so i was spoiling it for everyone. lol I would scream out "Wiress gets here neck cut off" , "They escape the arena" and stuff like that. For some reason, the theater people didnt kick me out lol.

Then we were being MCSG pros and saying stuff like "Katniss should have fishing rod strated that!" and "Why arent they spinting? Are they out of hunger?". Then we claimed hax0r on them when they broke the dome.

lol i am so immature
Wow, that's really being a freaking Feminine Hygene Product. No offense but wow..

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Catching Fire was the worst in the series, so I can't blame the movie for any mistakes, since Catching Fire was basically the fill-in from Hunger Games to Mockingjay.

Mockingjay is probably gonna be fantastic on the big-screen though.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
I'm sorry but uhh, am I only the person that thought it was a horrible movie?

There was little realism throughout the whole movie, realism that the book captured. It was even more rushed then the first one and they again forgot the tripod. It was all shaky to try not sure the actual deaths but some places it didn't need to be that shaky.

Leaving a movie on a cliffhanger is very amateur, It's going for the whole "Everyone will have to watch the next one" deal. With the next one coming out in 2 parts, why didn't they make this one 2 parts? Honestly there is too much to cover, it can't be fit into one movie.

It's one of the most amateur movies I've seen.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Haven't watched it yet, but considering it seems to be better than the first one I might need to have a look. How was the visuals?

Wow, that's really being a freaking Feminine Hygene Product. No offense but wow..
Ya, i know.

I just felt like being mean that day.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

There was little realism throughout the whole movie, realism that the book captured. It was even more rushed then the first one and they again forgot the tripod. It was all shaky to try not sure the actual deaths but some places it didn't need to be that shaky.

Leaving a movie on a cliffhanger is very amateur, It's going for the whole "Everyone will have to watch the next one" deal. With the next one coming out in 2 parts, why didn't they make this one 2 parts? Honestly there is too much to cover, it can't be fit into one movie.

Have to disagree with everything you just said there.
I thought it was very true to life for a scify movie. The way they portray the media and government is really relatable.
Another thing was this movie was by a different director who did a good job ELIMINATING the shaky cam. I think you just went into the movie with a bad taste in your mouth from the last one.
Also in no way does this movie seem rushed , I'm going to go all out and say it is better than the first movie in every aspect.
Better special effects , and cgi integration was flawless.
Better acting , all the characters in the movie are exactly like the ones in the book.
Peta is an actual person.
Everything keeps going downhill for katniss making me want to say "I feel for you" whenever anything horrible happens to her.
Much darker than the first instalment.
Just a better movie in general , also it went by so quickly for a two and a half hour movie.

Even the critics don't criticise this movie.
My only gripe is the fact that you don't get to know the other tributes as well as in the first movie.
As for the cliffhanger ending , that's exactly how the book ends so I give them a pat on the back for sticking so true to the books it made me feel de ja vu.

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I haven't seen the movie yet, but what you say about the movie leaving on a cliffhanger is ok. This is pretty much what happens in the book more or less.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Going on a double date this sat to go see it :) I loved the books and I liked the first film although the shaky camera did bug me in the first film a bit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci