• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tier 3 Chest Suggestions - Round 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCSG_pro011

Diamond
Reaction score
Here's what I think should be added.
Spawning:
-common
-uncommon
-rare
-IMPOSSIBRU
Tier 3 Contents:
Diamond helmet or boots-RARE
Enchanting bottles-UNCOMMON
EnderPearls-IMPOSSIBRU
Cakes-Common
Potions:
Low level-UNCOMMON
High Level-RARE
Horse Spawn eggs-RARE
Saddle-COMMON
Horse armor:
Iron-RARE
Gold-RARE
Diamond-IMPOSSIBRU
Golden Apples----> I think golden apples should be removed from tier 2 chests and should be added to Tier 3 chests due to the fast that they now do a regeneration II effect for 10 seconds. This would make the game more balanced since Tier 3's are harder to find than regular Tier 2 chests in maps.

CaraDelevingne

Spectator
Reaction score
stack of food (5-7 steak/chicken), potions, diamond boots/helmet, stacks of arrows (10-20), a bucket of lava perhaps?

bunnysocks

Spectator
Reaction score
Ehem.. did you say horse eggs?
Potions, Diamond armor, iron swords ; u;

EpicRhubarb

Diamond
Reaction score
Diamond armor, potions and other enchanted stuff would be cool too.

abingy1297

Spectator
Reaction score
In regards to tier 1/2, I don't think there should be any nerfing to them because they are good right now and when tier 3s are introduced they should be higher than 2s right now, not after tier 2s have been made worse. Now on to tier 3s. I do think that horse eggs are a good idea and not to overpowering. First of all you have to tame it first so there isn't a good chance of you getting away on your horse if you spawn it while being attacked. Also you have to have a saddle for it to move the way you want it and again you would have to put the saddle on before you can "make your get away". With all of that there is almost no chance of getting away from the person attacking you and they will probably just steal your horse. Horse Armor I think would be pointless because to me the horses are just to get you where you want to go faster not any need to decrease damage to them. Next, diamonds/iron/gold, In tier 3 there should be almost absolute chance of getting a diamond and a relatively good chance of getting 2 of them. I don't think that is too op because, in the lobby the sign talking about the tier 3 says they will save your life, 2 diamonds will do that. As for iron and gold, there is really no point in putting those in tier 3 because they are already relatively easy to get in chests. There should be no pre-made swords because like someone already stated, it looses the risk of taking the time to craft the sword while being vulnerable to attack. There shouldn't be any potions except for bottle o' enchanting. For bottles of enchanting there should be at least three of them because one problem there is now is that there is almost no chance of being able to enchant a sword because you can't get enough xp from 2 that are sponsored and fishing and killing animals can be tedious and a waste of time. Another thing that should be in the chests should be vines/ladders to be able to get out of holes. I am leaning towards vines because you are able to break them after use and if you have 2 iron ingots you can make shears to keep them just in case. Also in regards to armor, I would be okay with diamond armor (any kind) in the chests because really it's not really that over powering. Yeah maybe if the person is able to get full diamond armor it would be but when was the last time you got full iron from a tier 2 chest, it's possible but not likely. Diamond armor doesn't really give that much more of an advantage over iron with one or two pieces (except maybe chestplate). Here is some math to go with it, a person with full diamond armor only recieves 20% of the damage originally given (armor absorbs 80%), so when hit by a diamond sword, which deals a base of 7 points of damage the person will recieve only 1 point of damage (that is op but again this wouldn't happen often) this is compared to full iron which recieves 3 points of damage (my math might have been a little off I couldn't find things saying how damage is rounded). With those said increasing with some diamonds wouldn't change that much damage caused already making it not that op. Some extra things I would like are large amounts of arrows (15-20) and maybe multiple golden apples (not god) because they are harder to get with the new crafting requirements. As for where tier 3 chests are, the should be randomized from tier 2 chests. Now this could make it almost impossible for some games to get one because of there being ridiculously hard parkour but I would say that's better than everybody running for the same place with the best person always beating the lessers. It would change some peoples perspectives on chest routes with focuses on more tier 2 but the idea that it could be anywhere (where a tier 2 is) is better knowing that anyone could get it not just the best people.

E

EagleMan

In regards to tier 1/2, I don't think there should be any nerfing to them because they are good right now and when tier 3s are introduced they should be higher than 2s right now, not after tier 2s have been made worse. Now on to tier 3s. I do think that horse eggs are a good idea and not to overpowering. First of all you have to tame it first so there isn't a good chance of you getting away on your horse if you spawn it while being attacked. Also you have to have a saddle for it to move the way you want it and again you would have to put the saddle on before you can "make your get away". With all of that there is almost no chance of getting away from the person attacking you and they will probably just steal your horse. Horse Armor I think would be pointless because to me the horses are just to get you where you want to go faster not any need to decrease damage to them. Next, diamonds/iron/gold, In tier 3 there should be almost absolute chance of getting a diamond and a relatively good chance of getting 2 of them. I don't think that is too op because, in the lobby the sign talking about the tier 3 says they will save your life, 2 diamonds will do that. As for iron and gold, there is really no point in putting those in tier 3 because they are already relatively easy to get in chests. There should be no pre-made swords because like someone already stated, it looses the risk of taking the time to craft the sword while being vulnerable to attack. There shouldn't be any potions except for bottle o' enchanting. For bottles of enchanting there should be at least three of them because one problem there is now is that there is almost no chance of being able to enchant a sword because you can't get enough xp from 2 that are sponsored and fishing and killing animals can be tedious and a waste of time. Another thing that should be in the chests should be vines/ladders to be able to get out of holes. I am leaning towards vines because you are able to break them after use and if you have 2 iron ingots you can make shears to keep them just in case. Also in regards to armor, I would be okay with diamond armor (any kind) in the chests because really it's not really that over powering. Yeah maybe if the person is able to get full diamond armor it would be but when was the last time you got full iron from a tier 2 chest, it's possible but not likely. Diamond armor doesn't really give that much more of an advantage over iron with one or two pieces (except maybe chestplate). Here is some math to go with it, a person with full diamond armor only recieves 20% of the damage originally given (armor absorbs 80%), so when hit by a diamond sword, which deals a base of 7 points of damage the person will recieve only 1 point of damage (that is op but again this wouldn't happen often) this is compared to full iron which recieves 3 points of damage (my math might have been a little off I couldn't find things saying how damage is rounded). With those said increasing with some diamonds wouldn't change that much damage caused already making it not that op. Some extra things I would like are large amounts of arrows (15-20) and maybe multiple golden apples (not god) because they are harder to get with the new crafting requirements. As for where tier 3 chests are, the should be randomized from tier 2 chests. Now this could make it almost impossible for some games to get one because of there being ridiculously hard parkour but I would say that's better than everybody running for the same place with the best person always beating the lessers. It would change some peoples perspectives on chest routes with focuses on more tier 2 but the idea that it could be anywhere (where a tier 2 is) is better knowing that anyone could get it not just the best people.
Long Reply Much.

Zinc

Career
Reaction score
- Wolf eggs + Bones
- Enchanted bow (Power 1)
- Arrows (10-15)
- Diamond boots
- Diamond helmet
- Golden apples
- XP bottles
- Diamonds

And maybe a stick with knockback? :p

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
With your chest standards, why don't we just fill em with god apples and diamonds? Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci