• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Time to finally figure out why I have low FPS.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I think that your interpretation of the issue is actually entirely correct, that the GTX 580's lower clock speeds makes it inefficient at running Minecraft. My computer specs are nearly exactly the same as yours, with the one exception being that I have a GTX 570 as opposed to a 580, yet I run at a much higher FPS, further corroborating the idea that your GPU is the issue. If your drivers are completely up to date, I see two options: Either attempt overclocking (though this can be quite dangerous if you don't know how to do it), or upgrade your graphics card, though that will likely be a weighty investment.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
"Try razor game booster, much better then Optifine"
I always have that running.

"How about putting your render distance down to normal?"
That's the thing...I don't want to do that.

"Did you try turning it off and back on sir?"
I don't know how to turn my computer off. Sorry.

Yomega

Career
Reaction score
Is Java up to date? I had issues with minecraft until I updated Java. If so, try going to Task Manager and increasing the priority of Java.

bobyfish

Career
Reaction score
Uhhh... I'm happy when I get 28 FPS on short +16...
lol, i'm happy with 30 on tiny

Sixzo, try looking inside your computer and seeing how much dust is built up in there. If so just spray it out with compressed air.

Also try reinstalling minecraft/optifine.

RathaYatra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I remember when i played on normal settings and got 20 fps. Then i put everything down and downloaded optifine and i got 60-150 and i was like SUCESS.

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
The odd thing is that I had this problem too, but it fixed itself when I restarted. Fraps was absolutely lagging my computer, down to 15 fps with it recording. So in rage I restarted and as it was starting, it said it was repairing the disks and after that, it was fixed and running back at 120 fps. Probably not the same problem and you are too smart to not try restarting already, but I thought I would still share.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci