• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Time to finally figure out why I have low FPS.

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
Have you tried re-installing both Minecraft and Java?

If you don't fix the problem soon, click THIS link and type in a nickname, type '#minecrafthelp' in the 'Channels' section, then hit 'Connect'. Once you join, explain your problem. There are people there that will be very willing to help you out.

I hope I could help :)

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
You could try turning OpenGl off, completely, that actually made my game run quicker, make sure you hva e Vsync off.

If you're on windows do ctl alt del, find the proccess named javaw.exe, (when you have minecraft running) set it's priority to high and affinity to just cpu 0, this worked for me on that i5, so it might work for you.

Benglaas

Diamond
Reaction score
Have you made sure you have the right java installed. there is x32 but x64 it would seem would work better with your computer. Because when I was having frame rate problems that's what I did to fix it. Now I am getting 400+frames

M

MrKorrenian

I do believe being on numbers + on the render distance causes FPS lag ( Normal 96 + ) Try just going to one of the vanilla render distances.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I've noticed that optifinw special render distances lower the fps. Try on one thats built into MC.

J

Joel/MadDawg

Are you kidding me? You get GREAT fps! On normal render distace I get about 30 fps, and you say 80-100 is bad?!
I don't get how you could be upset with that.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
I love it how you say 'low' when so many of us would kill for 100 fps lol.
Well, it kills us with nice computers when we don't get the fps we should be getting.
You get like 70 FPS with Shaders, and max settings O_O I don't understand the problem here.
The problem is that his computer should most definitely be running faster. All of you that are discrediting his problem by saying that he is lucky to get 100 fps, you're missing the point and not helping.

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
lol, i'm happy with 30 on tiny

Sixzo, try looking inside your computer and seeing how much dust is built up in there. If so just spray it out with compressed air.

Also try reinstalling minecraft/optifine.
You only get 30 fps on tiny? Wow. I expected you to have a better computer since you know a lot about them :p

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Zeno is literally the only one giving good advice here. If you're not technologically savvy, get out. I'm fairly positive any human being with a normal functioning brain would have tried "turning down the render" or "re-installing minecraft".

tetlow

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm lucky to be running 26 FPS while everything is set the minimum, You sir should be thankful for what you have ;) I would kill to be able to play on Normal render :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci