• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Time to Talk About The Survival Games

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
I disagree

I can rarely go on for 20 min+ periods
It would be annoying having to leave long boring games

Mobs are just annoying, not threats.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This probably won't happen due to the fact that most of the community like short, epic games. That's the reason why most of the popular maps are small. Believe it or not, me and other players have a life and have only like 30 minutes at a time to play. It would be annoying to have to leave in half of my games. Additionally, there was a poll for mobs and the majority of the community did not like the idea of adding mobs.

CandyCranium

District 13
Reaction score
Whenever I find a server with big maps like Fortune Island and SG1, I just leave because I know it will take long.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Excellent article. I agree on a number of points, and I'm sure many others do too.
Thank you for writing this. I would love to see some of these things implemented or changed.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think I'm the only person that read all of it...

WertQuadNine

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I read over it, and saw I agree with you for the most part. I LOVED survival games back in the day, and I agree that we should stick to the title of Survival Games, and have it be:The Survival Games!!! Not then get gear, go run around and just look for people and kill them.

But I think we should stick similarly to the way we are now. Well, not exactly like we are now, but with a few tweaks, not a revamp of what this server used to be. I think we should lower the amount of food, fix the maps, add mobs on certain maps, add enchanting into the game, and more. I do agree with a lot of this thread though.

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Pepperridge farms remember

And of course mobs and V1 the days ;-;

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I disagree

I can rarely go on for 20 min+ periods
It would be annoying having to leave long boring games

Mobs are just annoying, not threats.
I feel that you're not being completely truthful here. Having looked at your records, you have over a week in play time. Unless you take 2 minute tea breaks, then how can you possibly only have a 20 minute play time and have over 10,000 total minutes in play time? That would be an insane feat.

This probably won't happen due to the fact that most of the community like short, epic games. That's the reason why most of the popular maps are small. Believe it or not, me and other players have a life and have only like 30 minutes at a time to play. It would be annoying to have to leave in half of my games. Additionally, there was a poll for mobs and the majority of the community did not like the idea of adding mobs.
How do we know most of the community likes short epic games? Did you ask them? Have we carefully taken the time to ask the general public about this. Also, I found the "We have a life" comment a bit insulting. You're basically saying anyone who has over 30 minutes of time to use on the computer has no life. Firing up the statistics command again, I found that you also feature over 1 week in total play time on these servers. Just think about that. 1 week is 10080 minutes, and you're telling me you're not able to give up 30 minutes? I find this very unlikely, but all the well, still possible. Also, like said at the start of the mobs section, I know there was a poll. None the less, it needed to be addressed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci