• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips for My Minecraft Art?

Is it decent for my first Minecraft Art?

• Butterflies! (Yes)

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • It's Stinky (No)

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score

So, I recently created that in Photoshop. And, to tell the truth it was really quite fun (not doing homework).

Anyway, does anyone have some tips for me to make more of these in a better fasion?
I would really appreciate constructive critism!

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Neat.

I recommend smoothing the line art, and add some texture to the coloring for starters ;)

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
Well, dont use the pencil tool for one... Use a smoother brush!

For shadows, Dupe all layers, merge, and set opacity to 35, apply levels change to black, and reposition/distort layer!

Dont be afraid of the selection and gradient tools!

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Well, dont use the pencil tool for one... Use a smoother brush!

For shadows, Dupe all layers, merge, and set opacity to 35, apply levels change to black, and reposition/distort layer!

Dont be afraid of the selection and gradient tools!
How would I merge again? (I feel nooby and adventure-y today)

2020ecoman

Experienced
Reaction score
This is admittedly an excellent artwork for a first attempt! Keep it up ;)
My tips:
1. Try a smoother brush for the lineart, because jagged edges are unfortunately very noticeable. Try zooming in more and drawing the lines that way, and that can help smooth them too. It can also be good to make a rough sketch before, especially for intricate details, which is what I do now.
2. Try exploring different color regimes. I can name many, e.g Gradient, flat colour etc. This in itself can give your drawing a more unique feel. I myself use flat colour on most parts, but for things like flames I use both gradients and flat, to make it more dynamic. Test some out, and see what works best for you.
3. Shading. Shading is very useful to make your drawing look good. It can show light sources, make areas 3d and even help recolour the image. I use adjustment layers for shading now, but there are a huge variety of ways to choose, e.g cel shading (often used in manga), soft shading (more realistic), flat shading (finsgraphics old method) etc. I think shading is really important to make your sketch look better. Highlights and rim lighting can also help considerably to show where light is most. Search for tutorials on YouTube/google if you're having shading trouble.
4. I have recently discovered. Albeit mildly advanced, it really does change an image. It can change a skeletons bone texture, add cracks to walls etc. Try searching it up on google, it can be very fun to play around with.

Anyway, excellent stuff, keep it up! If you need anymore tips I may be able to name a few ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci