• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips for My Minecraft Art?

Is it decent for my first Minecraft Art?

• Butterflies! (Yes)

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • It's Stinky (No)

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylanaj5

Survivor
Reaction score
Dylan's Advice:
1. U is nub
2. U is not beatifurr
3. U no do school good
5. You no count
6. This is a number
7. #YOLOSWAG
8. This is #8.
9. Use Microsoft Paint...
10. If u no use paint u is nub.
11. This isn't that nub.

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah, you need to make your own style. Find the most comfortable art style that makes you unique. Also, use the dodge/burn tool. Also also, skype w/ me later so i can show you the tools you never used before :cool:

Dylanaj5

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah, you need to make your own style. Find the most comfortable art style that makes you unique. Also, use the dodge/burn tool. Also also, skype w/ me later so i can show you the tools you never used before :cool:
U is not nub... maybe

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Everyone beat me to the punch line :c
Poor Chez... here have a cookie! :)

So, I recently created that in Photoshop. And, to tell the truth it was really quite fun (not doing homework).

Anyway, does anyone have some tips for me to make more of these in a better fasion?
I would really appreciate constructive critism!
I dont have tips but I must tell you that, to me, it looks aweome for a first art! :D
With all the tips these good people give you, Im sure you'll do even better! :)

Zack27

Survivor
Reaction score
Um, I know this is the wrong place to ask, but do you think you could make me one????

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
I would have to strongly disagree with using the dodge/burn tool D: I may not be the best at shading, ect. but from just about any tutorial/tip video I have watched they have advised to stay away from using such a tool for shading and instead either using a solid colour with the opacity turned down (such as a dark red/blue/black/white/ect.) or using the ink dropper tool and darkening/lightening it for the shading as this gives a much better effect.

Edit: Also, really nice work! Although - make sure when using the fill tool that you get the whole area covered (as you have some thin white lines around the hat outline for example). I usually go around such lines with the pen tool to make sure they're completely filled.

2020ecoman

Experienced
Reaction score
I still use adjustment layers to shade my avatars, because it can add a certain color to shades and stuff, then I use an overlay layer to add general light and shadows to the image, rather than adding more shade lines. Everyone has their own style though ;)

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Awesome! I would like to get one :p

Looks smexy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members