• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips for My Minecraft Art?

Is it decent for my first Minecraft Art?

• Butterflies! (Yes)

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • It's Stinky (No)

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
I would have to strongly disagree with using the dodge/burn tool D: I may not be the best at shading, ect. but from just about any tutorial/tip video I have watched they have advised to stay away from using such a tool for shading and instead either using a solid colour with the opacity turned down (such as a dark red/blue/black/white/ect.) or using the ink dropper tool and darkening/lightening it for the shading as this gives a much better effect.

Edit: Also, really nice work! Although - make sure when using the fill tool that you get the whole area covered (as you have some thin white lines around the hat outline for example). I usually go around such lines with the pen tool to make sure they're completely filled.
Yeah, but when I'm trying to draw realistically, i prefer dodge and burn. For my MC art, i prefer normal colors on low opacity. Theo is trying to draw realistically :/

shootingsignals

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah, but when I'm trying to draw realistically, i prefer dodge and burn. For my MC art, i prefer normal colors on low opacity. Theo is trying to draw realistically :/
I would still only ever use the dodge and burn tools for metallic like textures but that is just my personal preference, each to their own.

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
I would still only ever use the dodge and burn tools for metallic like textures but that is just my personal preference, each to their own.
For metallic textures, theyre amazing, but they give an almost unnatural color for if your trying to do an organic shadow! But thats just my style!

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
Please dont revive dead threads that are over a month old!

#ThreadLocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci