• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tips to becoming Moderator.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I really know I'm not one to post about this, but I feel that there are a lot of people out there that are moderator quality, but just need to figure out how to find it. This is optional to read, I'm only posting this to help people understand these things more clearly.
Now to the tips- I hope these help ;)
Section 1- Respect.
Do you ever feel that a staff member isn't making the correct choices at times? Well, the ways to respond to that are-
A- Don't respond at all, because there is a risk they may take offense in what you say
B- Respond respectfully, but don't make it too harsh as these people are staff, chosen from at least 500 other people.
C- If the choices are very abusive, you need to record them and take it to an Administrator or ChadTheDJ himself. Though I highly recommend you not do this, as all Moderators are extremely mature.

If a staff gets on to you for something (whether you did it or not) these are ways to reply respectfully.-
A- Nicely apologize, and don't do it again. Do this often and they start respecting you. A lot.
B- (If you didn't do it) Kindly defend yourself by saying it wasn't you, and move on.

If your friend is a mod, and he gets demoted, react this way.
A- Just feel sympathy towards him, losing a staff spot in any case can upset someone.
B- Don't provoke him/her in any way, that will only start flame wars.
C- Don't go to the Admin's profile and bug him about why your friend was demoted, that will just irritate him/her.
D- Just go along with it, it isn't your business. You have to respect the choices made here.

Section 1, part 2. In-Game respect.

If you think someone hacks, respond like this-
A. Record them and report them on the site.
B- Don't do anything is you can't do anything about it.
C- Poke a mod on TS, there's always one online.
D- Do not start a flame war, whatever you do!

If there is someone spamming, cursing, or map begging during lobby, respond this way.
A- Poke a mod on TS.
B- Screenshot them and report them on the site.
C- Kindly ask them to stop, it works very often.

When you lose a game, don't get mad. Be happy for the person. it may be their first win!
A- GG bro! You're pretty good!
B- Nice job! Good game
C - Anything similar to the above.

Section 2- Past Admin / Mod experiences.
This gives you a shift in chances (except when in age cases) When you don't seem well at the moment.

Are you even an Admin? Post your proof!
-Give IP's, that's proof enough.
-Give screenshots of your in-game staff symbol.
-Website URL's work too, but you have to make sure they know where to find that you're an staff.

What do you deal with?
-Post experiences of having to ban people or deal with other abusive staff, don't lie though! They have ways of finding the truth.... always...
-Tell HOW you deal with this, do you just ban them off the spot? Give them a warning, then kick them if they disobey?

What kind of server is this?
-Well, what kind? One of those that are multiple servers, but different categories? (Example, MCSG Survival Server, Minigames server, Hunger Games server, etc.)
-I wouldn't recommend trying to be a "staff" on some little LAN server, that doesn't count.
-Say like one of those server systems, like this one. Those are a lot more interesting.

Section 3- Being active.
A lot of Moderators here are some of the most active forum- goers, MicR2, cameron224, VebbiHD, lots of others. Being active is VERY important because you can help others lots more and do your job.

Be on at least once every 2-3 days, though that's a little long.
-We need mods a lot! They help us solve problems!
-They answer our questions too!
-They also unnecessary threads, like how to get sores off your back.
I've seen this before, I'm glad I told a mod. Eeeww....

Be In-Game (Or in TS) at least once every 1-2 days.

-If a member needs you to bust a hacker / kick a chat ruiner, they need you NOW!
-Activity = Trustworthiness builds up rapidly.

I hope these tips helped at least a little, I am not one to post this, but I know there are quality people out there that just need to figure out how to unlock it!

Also, if you are APPROVED, you will need TS and a mic (to make it better, mic isn't completely neccesary.) And do not try and make your voice deeper to sound mature, they can tell when you're doing that. Also, in forum posts, the sr. mods check for spot-on spelling and grammar to show they aren't an immature person. They also look for detailed and clearly explained posts. Another key thing is to see if they've ever started a flame war over something stupid.

Thanks you for your consideration of reading, AwesomnessFace.
Lock the thread if you need to, I made this out of pure need to get my message out.
P.S- I'm not trying to get mod, I'm 3 years underage. I can't get in with that kind of age.

Chosen One

Survivor
Reaction score
No offense, but some of the colors of the font in your post really hurt my eyes. Not sure if its just me, but maybe one color would work. I understand the organizational aspect of color coding though :p

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
No offense, but some of the colors of the font in your post really hurt my eyes. Not sure if its just me, but maybe one color would work. I understand the organizational aspect of color coding though :p
Very rainbowy. Although I'd probably seperate and organize each segment with two different colours.

Text, blah, blah, blah this, that.

Something else writen
here and there.

Another thing here

Final thing here.

But back on topic nice tip thread :3

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I didnt read much of this, as I didnt like the color of the text so it was quite hard to read, but heres my tutorial on getting moderator;

1. Be Active, Stay Active.

2. Be friendly and helpful

3. Report whatever the case is about

All of these goes for all communities, theres nothing magical to it. :)

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I didnt read much of this, as I didnt like the color of the text so it was quite hard to read, but heres my tutorial on getting moderator;

1. Be Active, Stay Active.

2. Be friendly and helpful

3. Report whatever the case is about

All of these goes for all communities, theres nothing magical to it. :)
Technically my thread :) Thanks for translating it.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I did colors because mobile users have a white background, therefore white text wouldn't be readable. People like zeno use IPads.... but are forced onto their computers due to disability to read text. So I'm sorry if the colors are annoying, just for the sake o iPad users.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I did colors because mobile users have a white background, therefore white text wouldn't be readable. People like zeno use IPads.... but are forced onto their computers due to disability to read text. So I'm sorry if the colors are annoying, just for the sake o iPad users.
Its just the dark red text that is hard to read. :)

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So basically if you want to be a Mod don't be a Feminine Hygene Product. Play often and Bust those Hackers.

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You don't have to bust a bunch of hackers to get mod. You just have to be mature and when it comes to a hacker, you know when they are hacking. The rule is- Any accurate eyeproof of hacking that a mod sees, they ban them. Done.
So technically, you need to know hacks between skills.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci