• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Tis` the season! [Christmas Story Contest]

Who has the best story?

• Giggity69Goo

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • KorStonesword

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Akash754

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
All It Takes is One
It's that time of the year again. We set up our trees, put up or decorations, and light up all the lights we can. Christmas! Children are writing letters to Santa, asking for the most popular toys in the world. Then there's Chris. A twelve-year old boy who isn't a fan of big holidays. However he writes a letter to Santa every year, and his letter always asks for the same thing. On his letter, every year, he writes:
"I wish I had a friend"
The same thing happens every year. He writes the letter, puts it in an envelope, and gives it to his mother to mail out to Santa. He never seals the envelope, so his mother always looks at the letter before doing anything with it.

She takes out the fresh paper, right out of the envelope. She looks at the letter, then looks at her son. He's sitting on the big leather couch inside the living room, watching the television, as he does everyday. She looks back at the note, reads what it says, and can't do anything but cry. Chris is living a painful life in school, he's bullied everyday and no one is there to make him feel nice. That television that he's been watching for most of his life is everything he has. In her mind she goes "Hell, that's as close to a friend he can get right now." As much as she doesn't want to believe it, it is the truth. That's just how this generation works. School is full of cliques with the popular kids, and unpopular kids, and he doesn't even belong to one of those groups.

It's the morning of Christmas Eve. 7:00 AM on the clock. Chris is sitting on the couch, watching the television. It looks like he's been there for hours, even though the day has just started. Chris has a laptop, but he doesn't do anything with it. His mother wants to see him do something other than watching the television, so she suggests he goes on his laptop and does whatever he wants to on it. He agrees.

That suggestion was a huge turning point in Chris' life. Nobody knows yet, but it will happen. He logs on and goes onto Youtube, since he thinks it's the closest thing to television on the internet. Under the Popular Section of Youtube he sees a video called "Minecraft Survival Games #179" by a Youtuber named ThatOneTomahawk. He decides to watch it, and he immediately falls in love with it. He starts watching the series from the beginning.

It's 9:00 AM, and he has already watched ten episodes. He can't stop watching. He goes to eat breakfast, and comes right back onto the computer to watch more episodes. His mother walks into the room and sees what he's watching. She asks him about it, and he goes on and on about the game and the gamemode and everything, like he's known about it for years now even though he just discovered it an hour earlier.

"Mom," Chris says. "Did you send out my wish list to Santa yet?"
"No not yet," replies his mother. "Why?"
"I want to add one more thing!" exclaims Chris excitedly.

She hands back the letter. He finds the nearest writing utensil, and writes
Minecraft on it. His mother looks at it, and she can't help but smile because it's the first thing to be on his wish list that didn't say "I wish I had a friend."

"Chris," his mother says. "Why don't we get you this Minecraft game right now?"
Chris excitedly replies "Really?!? Yes Mom! Thank you so much, I love you so much!"

They buy it. He plays it. The first server he logs onto is us.mcgamer.net. He's in the hub and he can't help himself but just stare at these builds. Such detail, such creativity. "I should do this someday. I should build something like this someday." he says in his head. But the main thing on his mind was Survival Games, like Tomahawk was playing. He finds his way to a lobby, and plays a game.

The game starts, he runs around. He can't find any food, weapons, or armor, but he can't wipe the smile off of his face because of how much fun he's having. He plays so many rounds of Survival Games, all the way up until lunchtime. He tells his mother about all the fun he's having and how he's seeing the creativity of others. It's not like anything he has ever seen.

After lunch he logs back on, and sees a mass message. It shows the Teamspeak IP, ts.mcgamer.net. He doesn't know what Teamspeak is, but he searches it up on the internet and reads up on it. It seems like fun to him. He downloads it, makes his name Chris, and logs onto the IP he was shown in the server. He joins an empty chat, and he's just alone there for a while. Not much happens, so he goes back to playing some more Survival Games. All of a sudden he hears a User Joined Your Channel.

"HO HO HO," yells the user. "Merry Christmas, Chris!"
"Wh- Who is this?" spits out Chris.
"Why you don't know me?" says the user joyfully.

Chris switches to the teamspeak application, and he can't believe what he is seeing. The user's name is "Santa".

"Santa!" says Chris.
"Merry Christmas, Chris! What do you want for Christmas?" says Santa.
"Well, Minecraft was on my wish list, but I have it now."
"Was that all that was on your wish list?"
"Well... no. The one other thing that I've wanted for years now is just a friend."
"A friend? Well why didn't you say so? I'll be your friend!"
"Really? Santa, you're going to be my first friend?"
"Ho Ho Ho, of course Chris."

Chris is stunned. He made a friend. He finally made a friend. And it was the person he was always wishing it to.

"Santa," says Chris. "I knew you could grant wishes."
"Of course I can!" replies Santa. "And now if you want to talk more, just add me as a friend on Teamspeak."

Chris finds where to do it, and Santa is officially his Teamspeak friend as well.

Days, weeks, and months go by. Chris is still talking to the Santa he met over the internet. They talk about their lives. Chris' friend still talks like Santa would, and explains how his elves are already getting ready for next Christmas. Chris is having a great day, every single day, just because of this one user. He tells his mother all about this guy and how they love to talk everyday, and she is just thrilled that he finally has someone he can consider a friend.

However there's one day, and it would seem to be the worst day of Chris' life. Santa comes on and they talk.

"Hey Santa!" says Chris excitedly.

"Hello Chris." says Santa, sadly.
"What's wrong Santa?"
"I'm not doing so well. I don't think I can come on Teamspeak or Minecraft anymore."
"Why not??"
"Too much work in my life right now. You know how busy I am."
"But Santa, you're my only friend."
"Not for long. I see you've gained the courage to talk to me, why not use that courage into talking to other people?"
"But Santa-"
"Don't 'But' me Chris. Listen, I know you will do well in life without me. All you gotta do is have joy and confidence. I will come on time to time, but not everyday like I have been."
"Are you sure Santa?"
"Chris, you're a great kid. You'll make many friends here. I have to go now. Ho Ho Ho! See you next Christmas!"

Chris hears Buddy has left your channel. He's on the verge of tears. He thinks it's all over. He thinks he will never have a friend again. But he remembers what Santa told him. "Just have the confidence... You'll make many friends here!" And that's what he does. He goes into another channel, with about five people in it. He introduces himself and they greet him. They're all playing Survival Games and they invite him to play. He accepts, and they play for most of the day. Throughout all the laughing, screaming, and yelling of him and everybody else, he's having the greatest time of his life. He did this all himself, he's making new friends on his own.

His mother sees this and can't stop crying and smiling. "He did it. He finally made friends."

School comes around. He remembers what Santa said. "You're a great kid. Just have the confidence." That's exactly what happens. He goes up to some of the kids in school who seemed nice, and he starts small-talk. He realizes they are very similar, and they all love Minecraft! He comes home and he tells his mother about his new friends at school. He says "Thanks to Santa, I have friends online and at school!"

Chris now has a ton of friends, both in real life and on the internet, and he still talks to Santa from time to time. They have great conversations about life, and how he changed Chris' life.

His mother overhears these conversations and she's astonished. This one man on the internet named Santa has changed his life forever now. He's not the little boy who doesn't have friends anymore. He's the bright kid who loves making friends now! People on the internet may be mean sometimes, but all it takes is one person to spark something in that kid's mind and his life could be potentially be changed forever, like Chris.

Last edited:

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
All It Takes is One
It's that time of the year again. We set up our trees, put up or decorations, and light up all the lights we can. Christmas! Children are writing letters to Santa, asking for the most popular and favorite toys in the world. Then there's Chris. A thirteen-year old boy who isn't a fan of big holidays. However he writes a letter to Santa every year, and his letter always asks for the same thing. On his letter, every year, he writes:
"I wish I had a friend"
The same thing happens every year. He writes the letter, puts it in an envelope, and gives it to his mother to mail out to Santa. He never seals the envelope, so his mother always looks at the letter before doing anything with it.

She takes out the fresh paper, right out of the envelope. She looks at the letter, then looks at her son. He's sitting on the big leather couch inside the living room, watching the television, as he does everyday. She looks back at the note, reads what it says, and can't do anything but cry. Chris is living a painful life in school, he's bullied everyday and no one is there to make him feel nice. That television that he's been watching for most of his life is everything he has. In her mind she goes "Hell, that's as close to a friend he can get right now." As much as she doesn't want to believe it, it is the truth. That's just how this generation works. School is full of cliques with the popular kids, and unpopular kids, and he doesn't even belong to one of those groups.

It's the morning of Christmas Eve. 7:00 AM on the clock. Chris is sitting on the couch, watching the television. It looks like he's been there for hours, even though the day has just started. Chris has a laptop, but he doesn't do anything with it. His mother wants to see him do something other than watching the television, so she suggests he goes on his laptop and does whatever he wants to on it. He agrees.

That suggestion was a huge turning point in Chris' life. Nobody knows yet, but it will happen. He logs on and goes onto Youtube, since he thinks it's the closest thing to television on the internet. Under the Popular Section of Youtube he sees a video called "Minecraft Survival Games #179" by a Youtuber named ThatOneTomahawk. He decides to watch it, and he immediately falls in love with it. He starts watching the series from the beginning.

It's 9:00 AM, and he has already watched ten episodes. He can't stop watching. He goes to eat breakfast, and comes right back onto the computer to watch more episodes. His mother walks into the room and sees what he's watching. She asks him about it, and he goes on and on about the game and the gamemode and everything, like he's known about it for years now even though he just discovered it an hour earlier.

Minecraft on it. His mother looks at it, and she can't help but smile because it's the first thing to be on his wish list that didn't say "I wish I had a friend."

Chris excitedly replies "Really?!? Yes Mom! Thank you so much, I love you so much!"

They buy it. He plays it. The first server he logs onto is us.mcgamer.net. He's in the hub and he can't help himself but just stare at these builds. Such detail, such creativity. "I should do this someday." he says in his head. But the main thing on his mind was Survival Games, like Tomahawk was playing. He finds his way to a lobby, and plays a game.

The game starts, he runs around. He can't find any food, weapons, or armor, but he can't wipe the smile off of his face because of how much fun he's having. He plays so many rounds of Survival Games, all the way up until lunchtime. He tells his mother about all the fun he's having and how he's seeing the creativity of others. It's not like anything he has ever seen.

After lunch he logs back on, and sees a mass message. It shows the Teamspeak IP, ts.mcgamer.net. He doesn't know what Teamspeak is, but he searches it up on the internet and reads up on it. It seems like fun to him. He downloads it, makes his name Chris, and logs onto the IP he was shown in the server. He joins an empty chat, and he's just alone there for a while. Not much happens, so he goes back to playing some more Survival Games. All of a sudden he hears a User Joined Your Channel.

Chris switches to the teamspeak application, and he can't believe what he is seeing. The user's name is "Santa".

"Santa!" says Chris.
"Well... no. The one other thing that I've wanted for years now is just a friend."

Chris is stunned. He made a friend. He finally made a friend. And it was the person he was always wishing it to.

"Of course I can!" replies Santa. "And now if you want to talk more, just add me as a friend on Teamspeak."

Chris finds where to do it, and Santa is officially his Teamspeak friend as well.

Days, weeks, and months go by. Chris is still talking to the Santa he met over the internet. They talk about their lives. He still talks like Santa would and explains how his elves are already getting ready for next Christmas. Chris is having a great day, every single day, just because of this one user. He tells his mother all about this guy and how they love to talk everyday, and she is just thrilled that he finally has someone he can consider a friend.

However there's one day, and it would be the worst day of Chris' life. Santa comes on and they talk.

"What's wrong Santa?"
"I'm not doing so well. I don't think I can come on Teamspeak or Minecraft anymore."
"Why not??"
"Not for long. See you've gained the courage to talk to me, why not use that courage into talking to other people?"
"But Santa-"
"Don't 'But' me Chris. Listen, I know you will do well in life without me. All you gotta do is have joy and confidence. I will come on time to time, but not everyday like I have been."
"Are you sure Santa?"
"Chris, you're a great kid. You'll make many friends here. I have to go now. Ho Ho Ho! See you next Christmas!"

Chris hears Buddy has left your channel. He's on the verge of tears. He thinks it's all over. He thinks he will never have a friend again. But he remembers what Santa told him. "Just have the confidence... You'll make many friends here!" And that's what he does. He goes into another channel, with about five people in it. He introduces himself and they greet him. They're all playing Survival Games and they invite him to play. He accepts, and they play for most of the day. Throughout all the laughing, screaming, and yelling of him and everybody else, he's having the greatest time of his life. He did this all himself, he's making new friends on his own.

His mother sees this and can't stop crying and smiling. "He did it. He finally made friends."

School comes around. He remembers what Santa said. "You're a great kid. Just have the confidence." That's exactly what happens. He goes up to some of the kids who seemed nice, and starts small-talk. He realizes they are very similar, and they all love Minecraft! He comes home and he tells his mother about his new friends at school. "Thanks to Santa, I have friends online and at school!"

Chris now has a ton of friends, both in real life and on the internet, and he still talks to Santa from time to time. They have great conversations about life, and how he was changed Chris' life.

His mother overhears these conversations and she's astonished. This one man on the internet named Santa has changed his life forever now. He's not the little boy who has no friends anymore. He's the bright boy who loves making friends now! People on the internet may be mean sometimes, but all it takes is one person to spark something in that kid's mind and his life could be potentially be changed forever, like Chris.
I did it! The first story to be posted! *Phew* that took a while.

Eddy

District 13
Reaction score
All It Takes is One
It's that time of the year again. We set up our trees, put up or decorations, and light up all the lights we can. Christmas! Children are writing letters to Santa, asking for the most popular and favorite toys in the world. Then there's Chris. A thirteen-year old boy who isn't a fan of big holidays. However he writes a letter to Santa every year, and his letter always asks for the same thing. On his letter, every year, he writes:
"I wish I had a friend"

They buy it. He plays it. The first server he logs onto is us.mcgamer.net. He's in the hub and he can't help himself but just stare at these builds. Such detail, such creativity. "I should do this someday." he says in his head. But the main thing on his mind was Survival Games, like Tomahawk was playing. He finds his way to a lobby, and plays a game.

"Santa!" says Chris.

Days, weeks, and months go by. Chris is still talking to the Santa he met over the internet. They talk about their lives. He still talks like Santa would and explains how his elves are already getting ready for next Christmas. Chris is having a great day, every single day, just because of this one user. He tells his mother all about this guy and how they love to talk everyday, and she is just thrilled that he finally has someone he can consider a friend.

However there's one day, and it would be the worst day of Chris' life. Santa comes on and they talk.

"What's wrong Santa?"
"Why not??"
"Not for long. See you've gained the courage to talk to me, why not use that courage into talking to other people?"
"But Santa-"
"Are you sure Santa?"

School comes around. He remembers what Santa said. "You're a great kid. Just have the confidence." That's exactly what happens. He goes up to some of the kids who seemed nice, and starts small-talk. He realizes they are very similar, and they all love Minecraft! He comes home and he tells his mother about his new friends at school. "Thanks to Santa, I have friends online and at school!"

Chris now has a ton of friends, both in real life and on the internet, and he still talks to Santa from time to time. They have great conversations about life, and how he was changed Chris' life.

His mother overhears these conversations and she's astonished. This one man on the internet named Santa has changed his life forever now. He's not the little boy who has no friends anymore. He's the bright boy who loves making friends now! People on the internet may be mean sometimes, but all it takes is one person to spark something in that kid's mind and his life could be potentially be changed forever, like Chris.
Thanks for the shoutout

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
All It Takes is One
It's that time of the year again. We set up our trees, put up or decorations, and light up all the lights we can. Christmas! Children are writing letters to Santa, asking for the most popular toys in the world. Then there's Chris. A twelve-year old boy who isn't a fan of big holidays. However he writes a letter to Santa every year, and his letter always asks for the same thing. On his letter, every year, he writes:
"I wish I had a friend"

They buy it. He plays it. The first server he logs onto is us.mcgamer.net. He's in the hub and he can't help himself but just stare at these builds. Such detail, such creativity. "I should do this someday. I should build something like this someday." he says in his head. But the main thing on his mind was Survival Games, like Tomahawk was playing. He finds his way to a lobby, and plays a game.

"Santa!" says Chris.

Days, weeks, and months go by. Chris is still talking to the Santa he met over the internet. They talk about their lives. Chris' friend still talks like Santa would, and explains how his elves are already getting ready for next Christmas. Chris is having a great day, every single day, just because of this one user. He tells his mother all about this guy and how they love to talk everyday, and she is just thrilled that he finally has someone he can consider a friend.

However there's one day, and it would seem to be the worst day of Chris' life. Santa comes on and they talk.

"What's wrong Santa?"
"Why not??"
"Not for long. I see you've gained the courage to talk to me, why not use that courage into talking to other people?"
"But Santa-"
"Are you sure Santa?"

School comes around. He remembers what Santa said. "You're a great kid. Just have the confidence." That's exactly what happens. He goes up to some of the kids in school who seemed nice, and he starts small-talk. He realizes they are very similar, and they all love Minecraft! He comes home and he tells his mother about his new friends at school. He says "Thanks to Santa, I have friends online and at school!"

Chris now has a ton of friends, both in real life and on the internet, and he still talks to Santa from time to time. They have great conversations about life, and how he changed Chris' life.

His mother overhears these conversations and she's astonished. This one man on the internet named Santa has changed his life forever now. He's not the little boy who doesn't have friends anymore. He's the bright kid who loves making friends now! People on the internet may be mean sometimes, but all it takes is one person to spark something in that kid's mind and his life could be potentially be changed forever, like Chris.
Winner winner iron donor rank dinner.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci