• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

To make sponsoring more worthwhile and interesting

Do you think it's a good idea?

• Total voters

tommat6000

Experienced
Reaction score
So recently I've started playing MCSG with my friend alot, we're pretty good an on good days we can rack up bounty and wins quite quickly, so when one of us dies we sometimes sponsor each other items. I came up with a couple of ideas a few days ago, and I spoke to a few people in lobby and stuff who said they were pretty good ideas ^^

1. I'm 100% certain it's been said, but more items to sponsor people.
I think sticks would be a good idea, because they're alot rarer recently, maybe in 5's for about 100 bounty or something.
Vines maybe, for tricky situations. I have some cool memories of being trapped by a team, but using vines I collected earlier in the game to make a quick escape :) Of course there would have to be more than one, maybe 15-20 for 120ish??

2. We think it would be cool if, as an extra for sponsors, you can also send a message with your item, like in the movies (I think =3 I dont remember exactly...). I'm thinking that your 'friend in the sky' can search around for you, give you a piece of iron and say 'Hey, theres a crafting table at x-69 z-9001' Or something like that :)
It could come as a book, I think, because the sponsor has to type his message and then it appears with the item?

Just an idea :D
Please leave your vote and tell me what you think!

Reaction score
Personally, I like these ideas, but there can be problems.
1. Sticks. Ok, this is a good ideas, no problems here.
2. Vines. Too many. I think 5 is a reasonable number for 150 points. However they can make some challenges (like parkour) arbitrarily easy, though I suppose that's a sponsor's job.
3. http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/sponsor-notes-to-live-players.56010/#post-617517
As Lively said, it can be used to harass other players, and these can be a bit unfair for less popular players.

Deathbymayo

Survivor
Reaction score
1.I doubt this will be added, because really I only get this problem when I get 2 or iron or diamonds immediately after the game starts.
2. I think I read a thread that said vines will be able to be sponsored in 3's.
3. No, this could be used for harassment.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
1. Sticks: Oh god yes!
2. Vines: Oh god no! They would severely break the game.

E. And what I said in a previous thread, which Metagross kindly linked.

Spike11

District 13
Reaction score
The problem with the messages attached to the sponsor item is that they could give away locations of other players, it is considered cheating
I do enjoy the thought of Vines and or Sticks added to the list though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci