• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

To the haters of 1.9. Wake up!

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Here's a simple question to you, would you like to see 80% of MCSG's players disappear in a week? No? didn't think so that's why the 1.7 'outdated version of minecraft' is still about all thought with this said, it is true that it's outdated af but the new versions are just not for PvP are they now. And in fact I actually like 1.9 it's pretty cool it's just not suitable for a 'PvP server' like this. Cause once 1.7 support is dropped along with 1.8 support in about 2 years the server will most likely lose all its players and make a new community for all we know MCGamer could possibly in the future become a server like mineplex or hypixel. So good day sir I'm going to go enjoy the last moments of 1.7 for about a year :D

Please excuse any spelling mistake or errors of any sort
I'm not entirely sure where everyone gets these statistics that "80% of the community uses 1.7"...
In reality, the percentage of 1.7 players out of all players on our network is much smaller than that. In fact, right now 1.9 is the most used version on our network, with 1.8 coming in at a close second and 1.7 coming in far behind.

feminist

Career
Reaction score
"I like 1.9, you don't. You're a hater and you're the reason we don't have a good anti cheat" - arsenalfcgunners

ToxicBlaze

Quantum
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure where everyone gets these statistics that "80% of the community uses 1.7"...
In reality, the percentage of 1.7 players out of all players on our network is much smaller than that. In fact, right now 1.9 is the most used version on our network, with 1.8 coming in at a close second and 1.7 coming in far behind.
It's a hyperbole. ( exaggeration )
Also, hmm I wonder why... Cause 1.9 came out yesterday and everyone wanted to test it.

G

Experienced
Reaction score
your forgot that this is about pvp

and 1.9 is cancer in terms of pvp

1.7 and 1.8 are better vrsion of pvp ^_^

#Keep1.7and1.8pvpAndNot1.9pvp

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
It's a hyperbole. ( exaggeration )
Also, hmm I wonder why... Cause 1.9 came out yesterday and everyone wanted to test it.
I'm pretty sure that 1.9 will stay on top because it's the newest version - just as a good, consistent majority of players were using 1.8 before 1.9 came out.

G

Experienced
Reaction score
consistent majority of players were using 1.8 before 1.9 came out.
yes because you got better frames on 1.8 and better ping
what does 1.9 have better than 1.8 ?

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
yes because you got better frames on 1.8 and better ping
what does 1.9 have better than 1.8 ?
"Shields and dual-wield enhance the Minecraft PvP experience for a very fun time! 11/10!" - The New York Times

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Exactly. Everyone is just assuming that if we switch to 1.9 only (which obviously at some point or another will have to happen) everyone will suddenly stop playing. Yet at the same time nobody has actually played competitive 1.9 PVP for a few weeks to ever give this change a chance. Until that happens how can people make such definitive arguments so soon? Nobody has actually seen what a 1.9 MCSG would be like, they are just making assumptions.

Oh, and MCG wouldn't not die even if we switched to 1.9 today. Everyone knows this. Just the haters are making exaggerated arguments to strengthen their claim. A lot of people are willing to give 1.9 a shot, they just aren't as loud as the noisy ones who are against the change.

G

Experienced
Reaction score
"Shields and dual-wield enhance the Minecraft PvP experience for a very fun time! 11/10!" - The New York Times
yes they definitely do .... .. ...... ...

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Can Support 3 Versions or Minecraft... Cant fix FnS bug lmao 10/10
That is programming in a nut shell. The complicated problems often end up being easy, and the easy problems have some unexpected twist that makes it way more difficult than you anticipated.

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
The biggest benefit of having 1.9 on the servers is that it allows the majority of players who aren't necessarily pvp oriented (or.. 'Randy noobs') to easily play on the servers. At the end of the day, if mcsg didn't implement 1.9, there would be no chance of them moving forward. Imagine if 1.7 was never implemented? The servers would be so far behind.
However, I can see why people might be frustrated by the update since it has come with an assortment of bugs and glitches. Hopefully, these will be fixed in time and won't end up being neglected or 'not prioritised'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci