• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Today is the day! Updates.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello MCGamers!

If you had previously read this thread about what is going to happen today, I wanted to clarify on timings and things that have been changed/delayed.

Today all servers on the entirety of the MCGamer Network will be taken offline at 4:30PM US Central Standard Time (2:30 PM PST / 5:30 PM EST / 10:30 PM GMT (UK time) / 6:30 AM AWST/HKT / 9:30 AM AEDT) to begin the v2 update which is on schedule. This update could take up to 6 hours to complete (possibly longer if issues are encountered) with random network restarts after. However our leaderboard update is going to be delayed for a few days or up to week for the following reasons:
  • We want to be sure there are no game breaking bugs where your stats don't get counted.
  • Our system hasn't had a full-scale test in full production yet, so we would rather wait to be sure it works 100%.
What does this mean? MCGamer v2 is still coming out today, however the old stats will still be active for the time being. We will do the leaderboard update soon after and will post dates and times when this is happening. By request, it will also happen during a weekend or a holiday so everyone can have a fair chance trying to get to the top. Read more about this leaderboard update here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/global-leaderboards-update-coming-soon.146861/

We will also be delaying the new site launch because we are still waiting for the final artwork to be done! Should be within a few days from now.

Be sure to follow our twitter for real time status on our progress today: http://www.twitter.com/MCSGServers and http://www.twitter.com/chadthedj

Edit: Keep in mind that "delayed" does not mean we are not doing this update anymore. We are just moving it to another release date that will happen soon after everything is tested.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What??!? 90% of us wanted the update for the stat reset!! And now you guys are delaying it? Wow.
We are still doing this, yet again we haven't tested our new stats server. We don't want an issue with people not getting their wins counted because the system hasn't been tested yet in a large scale. We want to get this right, so rather test it on old stats.

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
I was kinda exited for the leaderboards to happen today, but i understand and i'm happy v2 is still coming out today! :)

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This is definitely going to be exciting, and we as a community thank you for working so hard and so efficiently to make this experience amazing for us. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci