• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Today is the day! Updates.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow... i was pumped for the leaderboards to reset... you should have told us before now.
This is annoying and sad....
Just try it. try it and if you get reports then take it off....
That's not quite how it works...
Would you rather wait a few extra days, or have it happen now, then have a bug appear that stops your first 50-100 wins from being counted?

Araxed

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello MCGamers!

If you had previously read this thread about what is going to happen today, I wanted to clarify on timings and things that have been changed/delayed.

Today ALL servers will be taken offline at 4:30PM CST (10:30 pm / 22:30 UTC) to begin the V2 update which is on schedule. This update could take up to 6 hours to complete with random network restarts after. However our leaderboard update is going to be delayed for a few days or up to week for the following reasons:
  • We want to be sure there are no game breaking bugs where your stats don't get counted.
  • Our system hasn't had a scaled test in full production yet, so we would rather wait to be sure it works 100%.
What does this mean? V2 is still coming out today yet old stats will still be active for the time being. We will do the leaderboard update soon after and will post dates and times when this is happening. By request, it will also happen during a weekend or a holiday so everyone can have a fair chance trying to get to the top. Read more about this leaderboard update here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/global-leaderboards-update-coming-soon.146861/

We will also be delaying the new site launch because the we are still waiting for the final artwork to be done! Should be within a few days from now.

Be sure to follow our twitter for real time status on our progress today: http://www.twitter.com/MCSGServers and http://www.twitter.com/chadthedj
Maybe do the leaderboards update in the chrismas breaks c:

Zotikus

Survivor
Reaction score
Wow are you kidding? The only reason we want to update is for stats reset and its delayed. Thats complete and utter bs.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Look.... i dont have to go to school for the next 2 days... awesome timing..... I was set.... ready to no-life and get my rank going and then take it easy. If it doesent happen i might as well quit. as 75% of the players on MCSG are arrogant and there is way too many hackers. Now dont tell me there is a new-anticheat and it will be all fine. This is the only chance i have to get myself up there... if i have to wait for a few days i wont be able to play as much and then there will be ppl who got ALOT more time than me. Im pretty sure everyone else was prepared for the stat "reset" too....
Wow are you kidding? The only reason we want to update is for stats reset and its delayed. Thats complete and utter bs.
As i thought... doesent listen to the community...
So... you'd much rather have your hard-earned wins deleted by a bug after you "no-lifed" to get them all.
I don't think the rest of the community shares that thought...

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As i thought... doesent listen to the community...
Umm we are? Just not right now...Are you both not getting the concept that if we are going to have issues testing this new system the first time, we rather have it on something that isn't going to count for the rest of your MCGamer life in the future?

Zotikus

Survivor
Reaction score
So... you'd much rather have your hard-earned wins deleted by a bug after you "no-lifed" to get them all.
I don't think the rest of the community shares that thought...
Well, no means to be rude however you had a date to make sure everything was BUG free you havent done. Therefore you havent actually done the job you're supposed to in time. Im dissapointed, and upset.

xWazzyx

Diamond
Reaction score
I hate the fact that those who worked hard on getting all those wins and at least getting a decent rank like 1000-9000 have to go through the same process again. You'll see, once this update happens all the hackers and try hards are gonna get online and ruin people's stats. Just like mcsg wants, those who don't have a chance in get a good stats this is your time. You're all seriously giving hackers a free pass to join mcsg more. This is so dumb. I disapprove with reseting the leaderboard.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
NotCanziano We will be doing this update on a weekend/holiday with plenty of warning time.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, no means to be rude however you had a date to make sure everything was BUG free you havent done. Therefore you havent actually done the job you're supposed to in time. Im dissapointed, and upset.
Development is very unpredictable. It's not like being able to wake up in the morning and (mostly) know what your day will consist of - every day in development brings something different. You never know if something will work as anticipated, have some minor issues, or completely implode the universe.
Our new stats system hasn't yet been tested in a full-scale environment. Keep in mind that about the most players ever on our preview network was about 100 players, while we can reach 5,000+ on our live network. You're basically asking us to deploy something to an environment 50x the scale of the test environment, without even testing how it reacts.

TL;DR: The delay is for the good of the players. What would you rather have, spontaneous deletion of all your new stats, or a delay by a few days to allow us to test further?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci