• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Top 10 best maps! Top 10 worst maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Best:
1. SG2
2. SG4
3. Breeze Island (looks so beautiful)
4. Valleyside (This map is extremely overplayed and I hate it, but the map it well designed, so gotta give them that.)
5. Avarcia or whatever. (So fun to play)

Worst:
1. Holiday Resort (overplayed and not even that good imo)
2. Demons breeze
3. Moonbase 9 (cool concept, but it's dark and not very good for pvp)
4. Icarus (Most people don't like the first, add a second?) - I think it might've been removed but still.

leemichael19

Survivor
Reaction score
Wyverns Wake, Moonbase 9 and Icarus is not bad maps, i get full iron and own there!

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Favorites:
1: The Survival Games 2: Brings back the feels, and I still love it because I find it to be the most fair map, because there are so many routes you can take, and it looks amazing.
2: The Survival Games 3: Again, brings back the feels of July 2012, and I just really like this map because chests are actually hard to find and I tend to like big maps.
3: Yellowstone (Removed): I had a good route and no one else did, and I liked the build, unlike many others.
4: Survival Kingdom: Amazing build, I like all the secrets in the map and the idea of what it is supposed to look like. Usually 10-15 minute games, which is what I like, and a good amount of chests.
5: Hungry Hills: Again, I tend to like big maps, and I also had a good route on this map, while almost no one else did. I overall like it because it sorta looks like SG1 (Which would have been number 11 on this list) as well.
6: Solar Frost (old): Brings back memories of MCSGv1, and I like the basic corn style and the overall map style, there are no others like it.
7: Survival Games Ancient Japan (Removed): It was pretty laggy, but it was a great build, and I really enjoyed the gameplay.
8: The Survival Games 5: A nice Team Vareide map, and I liked the design overall and the gameplay is good because of all the open area.
9: Demon's Breeze: Nice, quick games, and I like the fact that you could fall into lava at any moment while walking on the platforms.
10: Solar Frost (new): Worse than the original Solar Frost, but still a good map with nice gameplay and still a style like no other map.

Most Hated: (1 being most hated, 10 being least, but still hated)
1: Freeze Island (Removed): The ice chases were so terrible, it made the map extremely bad.
2: Valleyside University: Crazily overplayed, to point that I hate it
3: Holiday Resort: Again, ridiculously overplayed, and too much water.
4: Destiny/'s Shiver: Difficult terrain, overall a badly-themed map, and the gameplay pretty much is terrible.
5: Survival Games Highway: I really just dislike this map for some reason, probably gameplay and theme related, although I like having a license plate on it ;)
6: Vida Cova: Bad cornucopia, and overall boring because it's mainly just a bunch of valleys.
7: Breeze Island: Waaaay too much water, otherwise sometimes can actually be sorta fun to play (if there are no water chases)
8: The Survival Games 4: Another seriously overplayed map, but I tend to dislike it less that Holiday Resort and Valleyside for some reason.
9: Teweran Survival Games 1: Howling Mountains: Dislike the ice, and I just dislike it for gameplay.
10: Teweran Survival Games 3: Futuristic City: Lag issues, but mainly because corn is really annoying sometimes and games can take a while sometimes. Otherwise it actually looks pretty freakin' cool.

Last edited:

GoldenEagleFTW

Diamond
Reaction score
Favorites:
1: The Survival Games 2: Brings back the feels, and I still love it because I find it to be the most fair map, because there are so many routes you can take, and it looks amazing.
2: The Survival Games 3: Again, brings back the feels of July 2012, and I just really like this map because chests are actually hard to find and I tend to like big maps.
3: Yellowstone (Removed): I had a good route and no one else did, and I liked the build, unlike many others.
4: Survival Kingdom: Amazing build, I like all the secrets in the map and the idea of what it is supposed to look like. Usually 10-15 minute games, which is what I like, and a good amount of chests.
5: Hungry Hills: Again, I tend to like big maps, and I also had a good route on this map, while almost no one else did. I overall like it because it sorta looks like SG1 (Which would have been number 11 on this list) as well.
6: Solar Frost (old): Brings back memories of MCSGv1, and I like the basic corn style and the overall map style, there are no others like it.
7: Survival Games Ancient Japan (Removed): It was pretty laggy, but it was a great build, and I really enjoyed the gameplay.
8: The Survival Games 5: A nice Team Vareide map, and I liked the design overall and the gameplay is good because of all the open area.
9: Demon's Breeze: Nice, quick games, and I like the fact that you could fall into lava at any moment while walking on the platforms.
10: Solar Frost (new): Worse than the original Solar Frost, but still a good map with nice gameplay and still a style like no other map.

Most Hated: (1 being most hated, 10 being least, but still hated)
1: Freeze Island (Removed): The ice chases were so terrible, it made the map extremely bad.
2: Valleyside University: Crazily overplayed, to point that I hate it
3: Holiday Resort: Again, ridiculously overplayed, and too much water.
4: Destiny/'s Shiver: Difficult terrain, overall a badly-themed map, and the gameplay pretty much is terrible.
5: Survival Games Highway: I really just dislike this map for some reason, probably gameplay and theme related, although I like having a license plate on it ;)
6: Vida Cova: Bad cornucopia, and overall boring because it's mainly just a bunch of valleys.
7: Breeze Island: Waaaay too much water, otherwise sometimes can actually be sorta fun to play (if there are no water chases)
8: The Survival Games 4: Another seriously overplayed map, but I tend to dislike it less that Holiday Resort and Valleyside for some reason.
9: Teweran Survival Games 1: Howling Mountains: Dislike the ice, and I just dislike it for gameplay.
10: Teweran Survival Games 3: Futuristic City: Lag issues, but mainly because corn is really annoying sometimes and games can take a while sometimes. Otherwise it actually looks pretty freakin' cool.
Hungry Hills, wat is dat? o_O

J

Joel/MadDawg

Favorites:
1. Moonlight Lake- I don't play mcsg much anymore, but when I do I have the most fun playing this map.
2. Teweran Survival Games 1- I don't know why, but I have loved this map for over a year now.
3. Teweran 3- This is the best built map on mcsg.
4. Teweran 2- The theme is super cool.
5. Paradise (PMC contest)- dat terraforming
(In case you hadn't guessed, I'm a fan of Teweran :p)

Least Favorites:
1. Fallen Colossi- Terribly built map, somehow beat Paradise in the PMC contest.
2. Destiny's Shiver- Exact same reasons as Fallen Colossi.
3. Holiday Resort- overplayed, WAY too many tier 2's.
4. Valleyside University- Nicely built, but is overplayed and has too many tier 2's.
5. Solar Frost- Team Elite ruined it.

flyon21

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. MoonBase9. Call me crazy, But I LOVE this map. I love the gameplay, my chest route is so OP. I really love the concept of it (Thanks Tree_TheBigKind )
2. Wyvern's Wake. I LOVE THIS MAP SOOOOO MUCH. I get such great FPS and the gameplay is so AWESOME!
3. Vida Cova. I may be the only one, But I find this map absolutely beautiful. I like the gameplay, I find it just awesome.
4. SG4
5. TSG2
6. Breeze Island
7. Solar Frost
8. Demon's Breeze
9. Fortune Island
10. TSG1

Maps I dislike :p

1. Valleyside University
2. Holiday Resort
3. Fallen Colossi
4. Destiny's Shiver
5. Icarus (They tried to redo Moonbase9? Sorry, no.)
6. TSG3
7. Moonlight Lake
8. Avarcia
9. SG5
10. SG3

(Honorable Mentions{Maps I really like, just not enough space :c})
Kharmunrah
SG Highway
SG1
Treacherous Heights
Rugged Lands

(All the other maps I generally don't like, their just better then some of the crap MCSG gives us)

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
Top Five Maps (IMO)
1. SG 4 (Great gameplay, not a whole lot of places to camp for the entire game)
2. Tsg2 (Looks great! Has good gameplay, but games take a little while longer than they should)
3. Valleyside University (Love the gameplay, too many buildings IMO)
4. Sg2 (Even though this map is pretty large, it is my favorite map for long gameplay [Plus it looks nice])
5. Sg Highway (Overall good map)

Top five WORST maps (IMO)
1. Fallen Colossi or however you spell it (With the risk of falling to death and just plain falling out of the map, I have to say it is the ugliest map on MCSG )
2. Breeze Island (WAYYYY too small, half of the map is just water, plus Deathmatch sucks)
3. Destiny/s Shiver (Really? the name isn't even spelled right. The corn is messy, and the map doesn't look the best)
4. Avaricia (WAYYYY too many Tier 2's, plus there are places where no one will find you)
5. Vida Cova/ Fortune Island (I couldn't decide on one here; Vida Cova: The corn kinda sucks, and the map just seems plain to me. Fortune Island: It isn't horrible, but there is a lot of water and it is too big of a map for comfort)
I'm pretty sure they reteared Avaricia.

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
Top Five Best:
1. Survival Games 2
2. Survival Games 4
3. Valleyside University
4. Survival Games 3
5. Holiday Resort

Top Five Worst:
1. Demons Breeze
2. Survival Games 5
3. Teweran Survival Games 3
4. Fallen Empire
5. Solar Frost

SlangShot

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm going to post my top 10 Favourite maps but not the worst cause I like all the maps. :)
1) Survival Games 2 - Always has been and always will be.
2) Survival Games 3 - I joined MCSG just before this map was added, loved it since.
3) Solar Frost - Nice, easy, quick games.
4) Holiday Resort - Not to "over the top" and has alot of water (One of the few people who enjoy water PvP).
5) Valleyside University - Another not to "over the top" map that has many chest routes and open areas to fight.
6) Survival Games 4 - Like Solar Frost it has nice, easy, and somewhat quick games (and looks nice as well).
7) Breeze Island - If your into water PvP like me, this is the map for you.
8) Drybone Valley (Teweran SG2) - I love the look of this map and is not "over the top" and is a western map, I love western themes.
9) Howling Mountains (Teweran SG1) - Looks amazing.
10) Not sure...

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
-TOP TEN FAVORITES-

1. Survival Games 4
2. Breeze Island
3. Demons Breeze
4. Avarcia
5. The Survival Games 2
6. Survival Games Highway
7. Solar Frost