• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Top 10 best maps! Top 10 worst maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Since I think there are no bad maps, because every builder has put big effort in his map I will only put up my 10 favorite maps:
1. Valleyside University
2. Demon's Breeze
3. Wyvern's Wake
4. Eye of Horus ( hopefully released soon, i helped building it )
5. SG 4
6. MoonBase 9
7. SG Highway
8. Vida Cova
9. TSG2
10. Icarus

- CommunisticPuppy

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
This thread is invalid. I realize this is a pvp based community, but the only valid way to rank a map is by how well its built, because the 'game-play' factor is opinionated. At least with ranking by best built there is a clear winner and loser, whereas people see pvp differently.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
This thread is invalid. I realize this is a pvp based community, but the only valid way to rank a map is by how well its built, because the 'game-play' factor is opinionated. At least with ranking by best built there is a clear winner and loser, whereas people see pvp differently.
I agree and disagree, most people seem to rate their favorite maps based on how quick their games are, the amount of amount of tier 2s and most often, mainly consisting of a lot of flatness.
And for the build part, there's not a clear winner, as it's highly opinion based, as some may prefer flat buildings and others over-detailed messes.

TylerO2409

Spectator
Reaction score
My Favourite 10 (1 being best):
1. Survival Games Highway - I have an amazing chest route!
2. Teweran Survival Games 2 / Drybone Valley - I like the design & I know where EVERYTHING is!
3. Teweran Survival Games 3 / Futuristic City - Mainly the design & the beacons at spawn add an interesting factor!
4. Moon Base 9 & Treacherous Heights - Chest routes, design & mainly nostalgia from MCTheFridge!
5. Teweran Survival Games 1 / Howling Mountains - I really like the ice mechanic, there is a lot of chests & IMO it looks really nice!
6. Survival Games 5 - I know where a lot is & it looks nice IMO! The snow with NCP can be annoying though, I know that a lot of people hate it for this reason!
7. Survival Games 3 - First map I ever played, more nostalgia!
8. Breeze Island 2 - It's really aesthetically pleasing, too bad that half the game is invisible (or at least on AU)!
9. Valleyside University - For the reasons that everyone else loves it!
10. Survival Games 4 - My prior favourite map until it was played every 2 games!

My Least Favourite 10 (1 being worst):
1. All of the broken maps (Lost Ridge, Fallen Haven, etc.) - If they were fixed my opinion would probably change.
2. Demon's Breeze - It's ugly, laggy & way too easy to die. Someone with nothing can kill someone in full iron just because of lava.
3. Holiday Resort - Too much water and the spawn is annoying.
4. The Fallen Colossi - It's ugly, a lot of map errors & too many holes.
5. Breeze Island - Too much water & I find it ugly.
6. Solar Frost - Most of the map is spawn & it's ugly.
7. Vida Cova - Ugly & everything looks the same. I've only managed to find 2 structures throughout the whole map.
8. Wyvern's Wake - Too much OP gear & the spawn parkour is very annoying.
9. Survival Games Ancient Japan - Very laggy.
10. Survival Games 2 - I find it ugly, laggy & I can never find anything.

EDIT: Woot! Post 100!

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
There are too many of these posts

JakeKav

Survivor
Reaction score
Best:
1: Hungry Hills
2: Hungry Hills
3: Cloud Nine

Worst:
1: Every other map.

Why lie? ;)

Aafk3

Survivor
Reaction score
My favourites:
1. SG4 - the nostalgia is unreal...
2. TSG2 (Drybone Valley) - Its just a perfect all around map. There is everything in it. Plus, the routes are great!
3. Demon's Breeze - Its really nostalgic for me, I love my route on it and the PvP of it!
4. Icarus - I love my route on it, its such a great build map and awesome for PvP!
5. Breeze Island - Classic, nostalgic, 'nuff said. (But the water fights can be painful)
6. Solar Frost - Awesome for quick, action packed games!
7. Holiday Resort - Such a pretty map, the water can get annoying, but still fun map.
8. Fallen Empire - Although massive, so much fun and such a beautiful map!
9. Moonbase 9 - Good for PvP and FnS practice.
10. Valleyside - Was one of my top favourite maps, but its just too overplayed for me. Nice, simple, and pretty map.

Reaction score
1: TSG2 - I love the gameplay on the map.

2: SG Highway - Good gameplay, lots of different chest routes for people to take.

3: SG4 - Lots of flat land for PvP.

4: Demons Breeze - Yes, a remake. However, it introduces a new element of gameplay.

5: Icarus - Great build, good gameplay.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
My list will probably make a lot of people angry :p

Top 6 Best Maps:
1) Fortress Pyke - Ever since I first played this map on the servers, I've loved it. It's so simple, but so fun to play. The games never drag on, the builds are great, it's just a lot of good fun.
2) Origins - If I was doing this list based on technicality and not opinion, it would rank number one. The map is so unique and great in every way. It adds spawners, bringing enchanting into the gameplay. It has lots of secrets hidden through the map, encouraging exploration. The builds are spectacular, this map is just so YESSS.
3) Holiday Resort - I actually used to dislike this map. I did not have a route while most people did, so I was always undergeared since I always ended up getting places last. Once I had a route I could appreciate the detail and builds a lot more, and know I've come to love it.
4) Teweran SG1 - This map is just so good. I personally like even it more than TSG2. The builds, the terraforming, the FREAKING AWESOME DRAGON! If this map gets a necessary retiering, it would be even better.
5)SG1/SG2 - There's a special place in my heart for these maps. I joined way back in beta, so I remember only playing SG1, and then SG2 being released and thinking it was amazing. I still love to play it every so often on SGClassic and if MCSGWOULD FRIKKINFIXTHECHESTONSGCLASSIC'SSG2IWOULDLOVEITEVENMORETHANKYOUVERYMUCH.
6) Demons Breeze/Solar Frost - These share a spot. They both are just so fun to play on. Though I preferred the older solar frost, the new one still is fun.

Top 6 Worst maps:
1): Treacherous Heights - a vast landscape of trees and snow.
2): Freeze Island - Ice pvp, very similar to the original with snow and ice, very flat, a lot of not very good builds, nuff sed.
3): Moonbase 9 - just not very appealing to look at. The giant black box in the sky doesn't help. Nobody likes to fight in the dark.
4): Valleyside - This map is just...boring for me, I rarely have fun games on it, half the map isn't properly tiered, and I always end up fighting like 5 teams of two with full iron on it.
5): Moonlight Lake - While this map can be fun at times, it's simply not good. The builds are sub-par, the terraforming is sub-par, a lot of the map is just flat with trees and water inbetween.
6):SG5 - The map is beautiful. I mean just look at it, there's so much detail in the builds. But the map (for me) just isn't fun. The games drag on and on, and I just end bored out of my mind playing it.

newbahMCSG

Tribute
Reaction score
Best: 1. Valleyside.
2. Holiday Resort
3. Solar Frost
4. Demon's Breeze
5. Breeze Island
6. Avaricia
7. Survival Games 4
8. Fortune Island
9. Survival Games Highway
10. Moonlight Lake
Top 10 worst maps! (Ranked from one to ten. First is WORST)
1. Survival Games 3
2. Wyvern's Wake
3. Destiny's Shiver
4. The Fallen Colossi
5. Treacherous Heights
6. Rugged Lands

7. Icarus
8. Survival Games 5
9. Teweran Survival Games
10. MoonBase9

Comment your favorite 10 maps and your worst 10 maps!
I know you guys don't agree with this but here you go
Favorite:
1. SG2
2. Valleyside
3. Moonbase9
4. Chernobyl 2015
5. Avaricia
6. Icarus
7. Wyverns Wake
8. Teweran Sg2
9. Breeze Island 2
10. Sg4
Worst:
1. Solar Frost
2. Demons Breeze
3. Rugged lands
4. Trecherous heights
5. Lobby games
6. Origins
7. Breeze Island
8. Sg1
9. Fortress Pyke
10. Teweran sg1

DrPepperGames

Spectator
Reaction score
Okay, my TOP 5 maps on the MCSG are in order from WORST TO BEST:

#5: Survival Games 4 - This map is a classic, and games on this map are just plain out fun. Vareide did their best on this one.

#4: Breeze Island - This map is just awesome. There are so many tricks and traps on this map that make it fun and add a unique aspect to it. Way to go static_nightmare !

#3: Teweran Survival Games - This is one of the coolest maps on MCSG. My favorite part is probably the Dragon. It is a very creative map, and there is so much detail to go with it.

#2: Turbulence - The fact that this map is overplayed makes me happy, because this map is so well designed, and original with the looks. Games are fun.

#1: Teweran Survival Games 2 - Okay, I have to give Teweran credit for making the best map on MCSG. So many traps, tricks, and great, thoughful design. I love the wild west feeling! Overall, this is a very creative map.

So there you have it, my standpoint on MCSG's maps. I hope to make one myself. Don't think I hate every other map; The map-makers of them have all my respect for their hard work.

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci