• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

United States Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Extremely recently, the United States Supreme Court ruled that states were no longer able to ban same-sex marriage. For many, this was counted as a supreme victory, and it's undeniable that the United States just moved one massive step closer to total equality. There are celebrations all over the country right now, but it seems as if not everyone is riding a unicorn spewing rainbows out of their butts. There are many Christian movements stating that their ruling is unconstitutional and that this is against the teachings and ways of God, etc. As a Christian myself, I find it funny how those people are missing the point. It is clearly stated in the Bible that God accepts everybody, no matter race, nationality, sex, sexual oriantation, etc. and these people hellbent on representing a movement they created based on personal opinion, not factual representation.

So here it is. America is legally equal in almost every way possible!

What happens next?

Well, let's just hope that history doesn't repeat itself as in the Civil Rights Movement where states opposed to Gay Marriage find ridiculous ways to prevent same-sex couples from marrying (similar to how Jim Crow Laws prevented colored people from voting in the '60s). I'm feeling positive about this, because if anything, this nation seems to have learned, at least a little bit, from its mistakes.

Where do you stand?

Without being outright disrespectful, comment how you believe this law will play out, and your positions on it. To all moderators, we do not delete opinions, we delete flame. If people are attacking one another, then it is rule for deletion however if one is stating their opinon your are not allowed to delete the post just because you disagree with their position.

Let's aim to make this a respectful and intellectual discussion without attacking one another. Be smart, guys.

Post, post, post!

Henry

Diamond
Reaction score
I think it's awesome. I am Christan as well, but I think it's stupid how people can't accept others for the way the are. Like you said, God loves all people no matter sex/race/sexual orientation, so I just..don't get it.

Christan extremist are just..annoying. My cousins/aunt are ones, so I know my fair share >.< Sorry if I offend anyone, that's just my opinion

**EDIT:
I'm from Texas. Specifically, Houston,Texas. Texas is known for being the redneck state full of Christians who are all about god. Super religious, some even hate gays, which is absolutely terrible. You could imagine how most Texans (Southern especially) feel about this..However, Houston is actually better than that, we even have a gay mayor, which is awesome. I think it's pretty cool how my city is making a step towards equality.

Last edited:

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I'm in full support. I've been raised to support gay marriage, I'm not gay myself but I've never used it as a derogatory term which is something I'm proud of. Congratulations to all of you who are gay :)

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Isn't this what life is about? Learning from our mistakes and moving on? I am not a citizen of the U.S.A and I have never actually been there. But might I just say how warming it is to know that on the other side of the world people are coming to their senses.

I am really proud of you for making this thread Ceroria it is just one of the many examples of your growing maturity. Well done ;). To bigger and better things! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci