• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

United States Supreme Court Legalizes Gay Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaticReach

Experienced
Reaction score
I know my response is late but I am not exactly fond of this ruling and disagree with the United States for doing so in the most non-controversial l manner. Just my stance as I do come from a strong religious background and am opposed to the choice that has been selected. I still do wish America the best all in all but strongly oppose the ruling that has occurred for various reasons.

In addition to this I am a Christian and can say without a doubt that God does not condone Homosexuality which can be found in the old testament with the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. The common misconception is that God accepts everyone but it is not noted in the Bible where God directly approves of the action. I personally believe it is sinful in the sight of God therefore cannot rejoice with the current verdict.

However, although my opinion differs from that of most people I will once again wish the citizens and U.S.A the best as they progress with this current law in place. I really do believe that positive change is on the horizon for the U.S.A but do not approve of the current action.

Just a side note on the topic God does love everyone equally but this does not mean he supports sin and that which is contradictory. For him to approve of the action would be refuting his stance on the matter. God loves us all and has made us equal however, not in orientation.

Last edited:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
It is a step, but it's a small one. Just because someone can get the licence doesn't mean they're protected.

See that?

That means a owner of a business can LEGALLY deny someone's application because they're gay. They can also LEGALLY deny someone service because they're gay.

I'm not homosexual, but I am Christian. Using the Bible as a reason to hate gays is a sin itself, because the Bible states to love everyone. If we're going to legalize the licence, we need to protect them too.

Reaction score
Thread has been locked due to necro-posting. Please refrain from doing so in the future as it may result in a punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci