• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Unsuitable maps for SG.

TimTering

Survivor
Reaction score
TimTering Would you mind explaining why you think those maps are unsuitable for SG. Also I don't like the attitude of this thread, you basically just said "Here are your choices, now go ahead and start a flame war about these maps." Now, if you would like my opinion, I would strongly recommend that you brace yourselves, as what I say may possibly be controversial.
I'm starting a discussion because I want to see people's opinion, because I have a pretty strong one on this topic. Like it or not but this is what the forums are ment for.
But you are right, I should've added an explanation so I did, Thanks for telling me.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Quite frankly, I love Rugged Lands, and Moonbase9. However, I agree with you on the other map. I hate Asia Games, and the Hell Games. I'm not a fan of the new Solar Frost (Why couldn't they have stuck with the old one?), but I think Freeze Island is worse than that. This is in no way intended to offend the mapmakers, I'm only giving my honest opinion, as TimTering said was the reason he created the thread.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Quite frankly, I love Rugged Lands, and Moonbase9. However, I agree with you on the other map. I hate Asia Games, and the Hell Games. I'm not a fan of the new Solar Frost (Why couldn't they have stuck with the old one?), but I think Freeze Island is worse than that. This is in no way intended to offend the mapmakers, I'm only giving my honest opinion, as TimTering said was the reason he created the thread.
They went with a new one because one of the creators didn't want the map here anymore.

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree with you on all of them.

Solar Frost 2 was such a perfect and slick map. And it got removed by all the snow slabs and the new corn that made a claustrophobic map, even more claustrophobic.

Rugged lands is a meh overall. There's no good theme to it. They told me it was like, Ireland or something, but if you need a theme, it needs to be visible the first time you look at it.

Hell Games? Ugh. I told Dave and Capt that it was horrible during the whole process of it, they knew it, but they just wanted a bit map. It's stupid. :D

Eeeew. Asia Games. Vanilla terrain, Too big, in the start it was 1k chests ... random structures ... (emeraldblob lolwut?)

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Here's my opinion on the maps that are unsuitable.

1) Asia Games
  • Vanilla terrain never works out
  • Too many random structures
  • Asian theme doesn't keep up after the corn area
  • Has too many holes and imperfections
  • Tier 2s exist on this map?
2) Hell Games
  • Way too many trees, making sprinting impossible
  • No real theme to this map (the name is not suitable for it)
  • The structures and the map in general is bland
  • Very similar to Survival Games 1
  • So many chunk holes! :mad:
3) MoonBase 9
  • Terrain is flat and boring
  • The whole map is structures, nothing natural
  • Certain structures are bland, lacking variety and detail
  • Theme is way too unrealistic
  • Ladders at corn are annoying, I generally dislike corns with 2 tiers of chests
4) Lost Mine
  • The cornucopia is extremely skimpy
  • Terrain is hard to navigate through
  • A rip-off of Solar Frost (tunnels)
  • Too many secrets that only the creators are aware of (like the OP golden sword)
  • Generally not appealing in my eyes
They are becoming way too lenient in the judging of maps these days... The amount of quality maps has significantly dropped.

L

Lululioness

I dislike Rugged Lands and Asia Games but the others I have to disagree.

DamonKBrown

Tribute
Reaction score
3)

MoonBase 9

• Ladders at corn are annoying, I generally dislike corns with 2 tiers of chests
We are playing a game which is made out of blocks and you say theme is way to unrealistic ._.
It's a video game it doesn't need to be realistic IMO.

mireiyu

Survivor
Reaction score
Here's my opinion on the maps that are unsuitable.

1) Asia Games
  • Vanilla terrain never works out
  • Too many random structures
  • Asian theme doesn't keep up after the corn area
  • Has too many holes and imperfections
  • Tier 2s exist on this map?
2) Hell Games

• Way too many trees, making sprinting impossible
  • No real theme to this map (the name is not suitable for it)
  • The structures and the map in general is bland
  • Very similar to Survival Games 1
  • So many chunk holes! :mad:
3) MoonBase 9

4) Lost Mine

• The cornucopia is extremely skimpy
  • Terrain is hard to navigate through
  • A rip-off of Solar Frost (tunnels)
  • Too many secrets that only the creators are aware of (like the OP golden sword)
  • Generally not appealing in my eyes
They are becoming way too lenient in the judging of maps these days... The amount of quality maps has significantly dropped.
I've been forgiven so far. When you think no matter how bad map. But HELL games Do not get a lot more. Cutting corners first. Building small trees too much. Next chunk Hall. People fell despair, and I could not believe both first bug. And name. HELL games. Where would be hell? Some in the forest broken just, not hell is this ...
Only this map does not permit me.:mad::mad::mad:

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Rugged is a map that is hated by those who rage allot from dying at the start. And Sneeze7 just because you don't understand something doesn't mean its not true. Anyone from Ireland would know the theme from the start.

chockadlad

District 13
Reaction score
Isn't Hell Games and SG1 pretty much the same? The forests are more dense on HG but other than that, I feel that it's basicly the same thing, but with different structures.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci