• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Updates to our US server upgrade!

jared451

Survivor
Reaction score
I have a minimum of 20 ping. Wonder what it will be now. :D

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
ChadTheDJ Can you explain what just happened? did u like change from cubedhost or something?
Not too long ago, MCGamer purchased the AntVenom Network (AVN). Soon they'll be merging AVN into MCGamer, so you'll see all sorts of new games, servers and, most importantly, more people. And because of all these new people, MCGamer decided to perform some upgrades to the US region.

It's not that MCGamer couldn't handle all the new people anyways - in fact, realistically we probably would have been fine - but MCGamer strives to be the best they can be with not only the games, staff and community, but also the servers that are used to make everything possible.

So what exactly happened? Well, they purchased some brand new servers and they're in the process of bringing them online. As well, they also switched over to fiber optic cabling to increase the amount of traffic that the network can handle. If you're not really tech savvy, think of all the people connecting to MCGamer as cars on a highway - adding fiber optic cables is like adding extra lanes to the highway. Most of the time, it'll increase speeds between the servers (NOTE: Between servers, not between you and the servers), but it all depends on how much "traffic" there is to begin with.

So in reality, you probably won't notice much of a difference playing on MCGamer. What's being upgraded is how things are interacting behind-the-scenes as you play (or as you browse the website/forums). It'll be much more reliable and much more stable. :]

Last edited:

MinwcraftGod1234

Platinum
Reaction score
Not too long ago, MCGamer purchased the AntVenom Network (AVN). Soon they'll be merging AVN into MCGamer, so you'll see all sort of new games, servers and, most importantly, more people. And because of all these new people, MCGamer decided to perform some upgrades to the US region.

It's not that MCGamer couldn't handle all the new people anyways - in fact, realistically we probably would have been fine - but MCGamer strives to be the best they can be with not only the games, staff and community, but also the servers that are used to make everything possible.

So what exactly happened? Well, they purchased some brand new servers and they're in the process of bringing them online. As well, they also switched over to fiber optic cabling to increase the amount of traffic that the network can handle. If you're not really tech savvy, think of all the people connecting to MCGamer as cars on a highway - adding fiber optic cables is like adding extra lanes to the highway. Most of the time, it'll increase speeds between the servers (NOTE: Between servers, not between you and the servers), but it all depends on how much "traffic" there is to begin with.

So in reality, you probably won't notice much of a difference playing on MCGamer. What's being upgraded is how things are interacting behind-the-scenes as you play (or as you browse the website/forums). It'll be much more reliable and much more stable. :]
Oh ok thanks :p

Kryzih

Platinum
Reaction score
Awesome! Can't wait for this to be passed on to all regions!

Reaction score
Not too long ago, MCGamer purchased the AntVenom Network (AVN). Soon they'll be merging AVN into MCGamer, so you'll see all sorts of new games, servers and, most importantly, more people. And because of all these new people, MCGamer decided to perform some upgrades to the US region.

Is the server location moving as well?

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Just a hint - your ping to US will be almost exactly the same; the servers are in the same datacenter as before (and they're actually only a few hundred feet from each other - the new servers are just on the other side of the datacenter). We did, however, upgrade the hardware and fiber. JoelJCE explained it pretty well with the highway traffic comparison.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Just a hint - your ping to US will be almost exactly the same; the servers are in the same datacenter as before (and they're actually only a few hundred feet from each other - the new servers are just on the other side of the datacenter). We did, however, upgrade the hardware and fiber. JoelJCE explained it pretty well with the highway traffic comparison.
:(

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
Much cables Much wow!!!! I'm so excited for the new upgrade I can't wait thank you Chad for creating the server and thank you Devs for keeping the server up without you MCG would have never been where it is today and I do not know what I will do for fun if MCG was not here. So once again thank you so much for giving us these amazing upgrades as well as server.

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
Ugh people saying there ping is 20 are so lucky it's so unfair I get 140 I wished they moved the data center to the middle of the US some what where I live. I bet if i had a really great pc mixed with ping I would be untouchable but I kinda already am. XD im kidding.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci