• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Use The Hunger Games Map Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindSpark289

Spectator
Reaction score
These are great servers but the big problem to it is the repeated use of a map. So veteran players know where all the good stuff is. So this makes it unfair to all the new players who have to look for the chests, then finding that a veteran has already taken the items. There is a souloution to this though. You could use the hunger games map generator by skaterzero807. All worlds being randomly generated disallows the reapeted finding of one chest. And adds the addition that not all chests are safe!

CandyFTW

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. No, they arent gonna use random generated worlds. The maps are given to them by Vareide and soon community maps. 2. After they die they can fly and look for chests. (making a chestroute)

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We have many player made maps that eventually will be used by MCSG. Right now it's 3 maps. Someday it could be 20

DannyDeeto

Experienced
Reaction score
1. No, they arent gonna use random generated worlds. The maps are given to them by Vareide and soon community maps. 2. After they die they can fly and look for chests. (making a chestroute)
I agree 100%

MindSpark289

Spectator
Reaction score
But the whole point of using the map generator is to avoid people using chest routes. Leveling the playing playing field as much as possible. And why use 20 maps when you can have endless fully customisable maps that can be of any size, from huge (1200x1200), to tiny (350x350).

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
yes but those 20 comuntiy made maps will be very detailed, have different traps, secrets, scenery and the wow factor of stuctures. The terrain generator what do this. If a terrain generator could make maps like Vareide's or the comunitys then i will be impressed but intill that day no.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It's repetitive landscape throughout the map with custom generated things. I think I much more prefer the massive awesome maps we have, once we have tons of them I doubt one person would be able to have a chest route for all.

Dean

Career
Reaction score
We're partnered with Vareide, this won't be happening, sorry. You can download the maps and see where all the chests are if you like.

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It's repetitive landscape throughout the map with custom generated things. I think I much more prefer the massive awesome maps we have, once we have tons of them I doubt one person would be able to have a chest route for all.
If a leader of a CS team can memorize 26 official maps and have strategies and plans for most variables in matches then having a chest route for these mcsg maps will be a cakewalk... I think..

I'll get back to you once I have a chest route for map 3 >_>

1jmw11

Tribute
Reaction score
true, chest routes can be anoying, theyre are still some tier 2 chest not known to most players. So who knows, you could always make up a new, fresh and better chest route.

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
What Dean said, download the maps and make your own chest routes, if you find it hard to find chest use xray in singleplayer. (not in multiplayer ;p)

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The creating of maps is there to show creativity and how well our community is with thier building skills, a random generated maps shows nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci