• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Use The Hunger Games Map Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdSunday

Spectator
Reaction score
Well, maybe you could have separate servers depending. People who want the more strategic games, with chest routes, can use servers 1-10, and 11-20 is random. Or have a fourth voting option for a generated map.

Right now, the survival games are incredibly difficult for a newbie to pick up. Even if they're really good at surviving, they end up in the final three with a leather hat versus people with full iron/diamond gear. Their only hope to kill them then would be to knock them into lava or somehow obtain a large set of arrows, both of which will negate their ability to pick up loot from their work.

skaterzero807

Spectator
Reaction score
These are great servers but the big problem to it is the repeated use of a map. So veteran players know where all the good stuff is. So this makes it unfair to all the new players who have to look for the chests, then finding that a veteran has already taken the items. There is a souloution to this though. You could use the hunger games map generator by skaterzero807. All worlds being randomly generated disallows the reapeted finding of one chest. And adds the addition that not all chests are safe!
Thanks for the support and requests MindSpark and others.

I had the same thing in mind when I made the generator and I was hoping people would be more receptive to the idea of a random map. I never intended for a random map to replace custom-made ones and I hope that they can coexist.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
vareide makes such good maps and many other maps will be added so just a plain no

MindSpark289

Spectator
Reaction score
Perhaps you could have 3 or 4 trial servers. To see how people respond the random maps. As they are very costomisable you could have a map with only 3 chests or you could have one with 50. The customisation of the amount of chest changes how each game is played. And the many biome types makes for unique types of games for each world. So perhaps you could devot a few servers for a few days to trial this. And when i posted the tread, i didn't know about your partnership with vareide.

MindSpark289

Spectator
Reaction score
The way the generator works is by opening a window and then imputing variables into a .jar file. The jar file contains all the .class files that generate the map. It works this way to allow the possibility of creating custom generators without modding the actual client. skaterzero states this on his source forge wiki. You can add heaps of extra structures to spawn and possibly make a custom generator to spawn a random city ruin like that of vareide's. I am not trying to replace thier maps just give the option of random maps

Reaction score
The way the generator works is by opening a window and then imputing variables into a .jar file. The jar file contains all the .class files that generate the map. It works this way to allow the possibility of creating custom generators without modding the actual client. skaterzero states this on his source forge wiki. You can add heaps of extra structures to spawn and possibly make a custom generator to spawn a random city ruin like that of vareide's. I am not trying to replace thier maps just give the option of random maps
This does sound like it could actually work, I perfer the normal maps though... Maybe have 1 - 2 servers running this plugin, and keep the rest the same.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The way it's set up at the moment, makes us unique.

skaterzero807

Spectator
Reaction score
How about... random chest placer. :D
Not a bad idea, you could have a large number of chest "placeholders" in custom maps (for example, 100 different empty chests). Then before each game, only 25 or so are actually filled with random loot. Then at least it adds an element of randomness to each game.

Anyway, thanks for looking into the generator ChadTheDJ, I appreciate you at least gave it a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci