• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Vida Cova (24&48) -=Team Apollo=-

Do you like the map?

• Total voters

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
Ok, downloaded the map and looked around.

Comments:

Terraforming (particularly in the caves) is fantastic. You really get a massive sense of scale while exploring them. The details in the mining caves are my favorite.

The ravines are a little bit less impressive, mostly because they feel very maze like, with very little variation. There aren't many distinguishing characteristics, especially at ground level. I feel that players will have a hard time getting around the map and might be lost frequently. This also makes the map feel emptier than it actually is.

I'm not a huge redstone enthusiast but only saw the one secret piston door. Are there plans to add any more traps or puzzles?

The 6:00 splash strength potion in the secret temple area... I would remove that, especially now that strength gives a % boost, not a flat rate. A team with that potion and decent gear would steamroll everything.

The structures are very well built with great depth and attention to detail.

Why you gotta make a walrus torture room :( ?

Suggested Changes:

Remove the strength splash potion.

Add additional details to the ravines, such as block variation, plants, etc.

More clearly marked pathways between the ravines and the plateaus will help players get around.

Overall:

A very well constructed map, with particularly impressive caverns. The structures are all well built, and generally have a cohesive theme. My only knock is that the ravines feel a bit like a maze. If this was intentional, then go for it.

Last edited:

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ok, downloaded the map and looked around.

Comments:

Terraforming (particularly in the caves) is fantastic. You really get a massive sense of scale while exploring them. The details in the mining caves are my favorite.

The ravines are a little bit less impressive, mostly because they feel very maze like, with very little variation. There aren't many distinguishing characteristics, especially at ground level. I feel that players will have a hard time getting around the map and might be lost frequently. This also makes the map feel emptier than it actually is.

I'm not a huge redstone enthusiast but only saw the one secret piston door. Are there plans to add any more traps or puzzles?

The 6:00 splash strength potion in the secret temple area... I would remove that, especially now that strength gives a % boost, not a flat rate. A team with that potion and decent gear would steamroll everything.

The structures are very well built with great depth and attention to detail.

Why you gotta make a walrus torture room :( ?

Suggested Changes:

Remove the strength splash potion.

Add additional details to the ravines, such as block variation, plants, etc.

More clearly marked pathways between the ravines and the plateaus will help players get around.

Overall:

A very well constructed map, with particularly impressive caverns. The structures are all impressive, and generally have a cohesive theme. My only knock is that the ravines feel a bit like a maze. If this was intentional, then go for it.
I actually agree with you. On the topic of mazes, it is rather difficult to find out where you're going, even from me who built the map! I believe this is intentional, but it could help the gameplay a bit if there was some kind of indication, even subtle.

TeamApollo

Diamond
Reaction score
Redone download links, includes waterfalls leading to top of the map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci