• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

We need change. Cause it.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Goodness, so many things that I want to write on this thread, but my mind chooses to be blank at this exact moment. Gosh-darn-it.
I'm so used to debating, but this is a thread that I want to agree with, really.

The way I see it, people know it's something bad. Using terms such as, "Gay" or "retarded" in a sentence... it's not right, and they know it. Do you really believe that anyone who's gone through middle school DOESN'T know that "Gay" = "Homosexual"? I'm completely sure that they've heard it several times. Even people who have had a rough childhood or not so perfect parents are aware.

(okay, i just went afk and had like a 20 minute conversation so i completely forgot what i was writing.

xDefrasa

Diamond
Reaction score
Just saying, this is not necessary.. I'm sure people realize calling other people names is hurtful.

I didn't read the whole thing, I skimmed. It's just the same point stated over and over again.

Oh, am I supposed to act like this: YOU'RE A GREAT PERSON FOR POSTING THIS HERE'S A LIKE, AND HERE'S A FOLLOW THANKS FOR BEING A HERO.
Ok just because you and Shawn don't like Noah you don't have to criticize his point. This is actually serious and no one thinks you or Shawn are being cool so leave now before you cause any more problems. Seriously I my self have called people fgts or I have said hah gay but this thread made me think about what I was saying and how it could offend people. So please don't say things like this thread doesn't matter people already posted it, cause it helped me understand.

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
Ok just because you and Shawn don't like Noah you don't have to criticize his point. This is actually serious and no one thinks you or Shawn are being cool so leave now before you cause any more problems. Seriously I my self have called people fgts or I have said hah gay but this thread made me think about what I was saying and how it could offend people. So please don't say things like this thread doesn't matter people already posted it, cause it helped me understand.
Thank you defresa I appreciate your support, however I do recognize what lucid said. lucid doesn't dislike me; it's only shawn that does. lucid merely stated his opinion on the matter and honestly I somewhat agree with it just a tad. I do feel that this thread did help SOME PEOPLE (bare minimum) see the light of what they were doing, as many actually don't really understand the whole meaning of what they're saying. But if lucid disagrees, he is perfectly allowed to. Thanks though! :)

CrystalKnowledge

Experienced
Reaction score
Starting off, I'd estimate that a good 50% of the people who say "Gay" as an insult don't even think of it in terms of homosexuality, they just say it because everyone else is using it as an insult. That being said, in no way am I trying to defend them. But just remember that they'll say it to anyone whether they're gay or not, so don't take it as a direct target towards homosexuals. Secondly, when people use the "short" F-word (The three letter one..) people generally have absolutely no idea what it means. I was talking to someone in a conversation and they dropped that one on me (Just out of the blue for no reason because they were mad at me, I'm straight as well) and I said they were being homophobic. They denied it, but I told them to look up the definition and then they saw what it meant and how they had used the word as an insult.

So now that we've established that the people who use these words are typically immature fools who use words in which they don't even know what they mean, it takes a little weight off of the situation: no matter what gender you might prefer.
Discrimination towards people for what their sexual perforations are is honestly just sick and whenever I see those comments it makes me sick to my stomach to know that the world honestly has such insensitive and immature people. If ever someone says something along the lines of "he's so gay!" or perhaps the "F-Word" I almost always (as a force of habit) chime in and say, "It's great to know that we have a homophobe here". In many cases the person will say "Dude I'm not a fricken homophobe!" to which you can easily reply, "Then why are you using a term for homosexuals as an insult?", after that you've basically locked the person into a trap. They can't say that they didn't use a term for homosexuals as an insult: because they blatantly did. Their only option is to say that they said it because everyone else did it or just walk off.

Deformed

Experienced
Reaction score
I have nothing against homosexuals, and I don't see why anyone should. They are the same person as you or I, and they are honestly not at all different from anyone else, apart from their sexual orientation. A relationship is a relationship, regardless of whether it is a man and man, woman and woman, or man and women.

However, I will not deny my discomfort about the whole situation. Being straight myself, I will admit I feel quite awkward around homosexual people. I have many friends who have shared their orientation, and I respect that. However, if you are straight, read on. Do you not feel at least a bit uncomfortable seeing two men kiss, or two women kiss in public? Doesn't that seem a bit odd? Truth be told, it is only odd because that are the beliefs we are conformed to; society makes homosexuality seem like a horrible thing, as is evidences by the insults of, "gay fabulous person", "GAAAAY", etcetera.

These insults are stupid. 'Gay' was originally a term translating to 'happy'; how the hell did it go from that to, essentially, an insult? Even now, in today's world, gay is a term to describe homosexuals, but many people use it as means as an offensive or derogatory term. It all comes down to how society views it. As you said, many countries, regions, and provinces/states are banning any form of homosexuality, especially homosexual marriage.

This is where I draw the line. I am very accepting of homosexual relationships, but homosexual marriage is something I do not accept. It is not that I hate the thought of it, or that the people partaking in the marriage are different, but it's simply that my religion does not tolerate it, and many other miscellaneous reasons. To me, the difference between a relationship and a 'married' relationship is simply that married couples are expected to stay together forever and to procreate - create new life. As we all hopefully know, homosexual couples, both male and female, cannot procreate. They are certainly capable of the first element, as anyone can be. However, the second element cannot be fulfilled.

Just my personal opinion on your thread. Overall, well-written. I felt it needed to be addressed, because not only do I see it a lot in the real world, but these atrocious insults are slowly showing up in the chat because some young minds have been victimized by the media.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I would like to bring to memory a very derogatory and mean meme from a while ago:

It's things like this which seems to let people think that using "Gay" as an insult is acceptable, when it's really not. Or rather, it really shouldn't be.

If you're an adult and you see this thread, please do what you can to contact other parents and have them and yourself have a nice long sit-down talk with your children about this.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
I have nothing against homosexuals, and I don't see why anyone should. They are the same person as you or I, and they are honestly not at all different from anyone else, apart from their sexual orientation. A relationship is a relationship, regardless of whether it is a man and man, woman and woman, or man and women.

However, I will not deny my discomfort about the whole situation. Being straight myself, I will admit I feel quite awkward around homosexual people. I have many friends who have shared their orientation, and I respect that. However, if you are straight, read on. Do you not feel at least a bit uncomfortable seeing two men kiss, or two women kiss in public? Doesn't that seem a bit odd? Truth be told, it is only odd because that are the beliefs we are conformed to; society makes homosexuality seem like a horrible thing, as is evidences by the insults of, "gay fabulous person", "GAAAAY", etcetera.

These insults are stupid. 'Gay' was originally a term translating to 'happy'; how the hell did it go from that to, essentially, an insult? Even now, in today's world, gay is a term to describe homosexuals, but many people use it as means as an offensive or derogatory term. It all comes down to how society views it. As you said, many countries, regions, and provinces/states are banning any form of homosexuality, especially homosexual marriage.

This is where I draw the line. I am very accepting of homosexual relationships, but homosexual marriage is something I do not accept. It is not that I hate the thought of it, or that the people partaking in the marriage are different, but it's simply that my religion does not tolerate it, and many other miscellaneous reasons. To me, the difference between a relationship and a 'married' relationship is simply that married couples are expected to stay together forever and to procreate - create new life. As we all hopefully know, homosexual couples, both male and female, cannot procreate. They are certainly capable of the first element, as anyone can be. However, the second element cannot be fulfilled.

Just my personal opinion on your thread. Overall, well-written. I felt it needed to be addressed, because not only do I see it a lot in the real world, but these atrocious insults are slowly showing up in the chat because some young minds have been victimized by the media.
overall I agreed with most of this BUT when you said you were against homosexual marriage... Do you not maintain respect for those that do it or are you in a scenario where you wouldn't do it yourself? Because marriage isn't to procreate. Marriage is for two people that care about each other enough to commit to life together forever not to keep earth's population up...

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
I would like to bring to memory a very derogatory and mean meme from a while ago:

It's things like this which seems to let people think that using "Gay" as an insult is acceptable, when it's really not. Or rather, it really shouldn't be.

If you're an adult and you see this thread, please do what you can to contact other parents and have them and yourself have a nice long sit-down talk with your children about this.
A. YES I HATE THAT MEME
B. If only adults were on the forums of a minecraft server more often right? :p

Deformed

Experienced
Reaction score
Nbroski: 1274445 said:
overall I agreed with most of this BUT when you said you were against homosexual marriage... Do you not maintain respect for those that do it or are you in a scenario where you wouldn't do it yourself? Because marriage isn't to procreate. Marriage is for two people that care about each other enough to commit to life together forever not to keep earth's population up...
As I said, religious beliefs. I believe that marriage is an eternal covenant and to procreate. I still respect those people morally, but not their decision (I support them, but not their decision).

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
As I said, religious beliefs. I believe that marriage is an eternal covenant and to procreate. I still respect those people morally, but not their decision (I support them, but not their decision).
Overall I won't go against your opinion BUT don't be that one guy who attempts to convince people its wrong especially homosexuals themselves that's screwed up xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci