• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

We need change. Cause it.

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
That wasn't me.

I'm done here, I see what I'm doing is wrong, at first I was stating my opinion, and it evolved into me following Cheetuh (because I thought his thread was funny).

Sorry Noah.
I'm glad to know that you had the maturity to apologize; thank you for ending the argument with dignity; let's get back on topic guys! :)

OreoTheLlama

Career
Reaction score
I strongly agree with you on this, but at the same time we also need to look at what encourages it (whether it's a movie, TV show, book). These things are reflected on in a negative way, and people turn innocent words into twisted insults. My point in this reply is that, unfortunately, all of the things you listed are part of human nature. It's sick, and it's truly unbelievably idiotic the way people act. We can't forget that we are people too.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
I strongly agree with you on this, but at the same time we also need to look at what encourages it (whether it's a movie, TV show, book). These things are reflected on in a negative way, and people turn innocent words into twisted insults. My point in this reply is that, unfortunately, all of the things you listed are part of human nature. It's sick, and it's truly unbelievably idiotic the way people act. We can't forget that we are people too.
Exactly, we are all people, we can all change how we view things and change how we act.

Elebits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I appreciate this post, however, I genuinely do not think it's going to change anyone's outlook who intentionally verbalizes malicious comments towards homosexuals. Just like with heartfelt movies, articles, etc.; people think to themselves that they will get their lives straightened out, but forget about it all the next day. I could be wrong however, I realize there's people out there who are on "the-edge" of their opinion and/or come to realize what they're doing wrong. There's also those who are too damn stubborn to see they're in the wrong and block out opposing views to their own.

I agree, people use the term "gay" as an insult or even as a replacement for the word "stinks, sucks, stupid, etc." (by this I mean, "You have to do 7 hours of homework!? Wow, that's gay.."). A lot of people don't realize or understand that "gay" is a term for homosexuals; not an insult to call someone because you think they're dumb, annoying, etc. In fact, some people don't even realize they even use the term and don't think it's offensive in any way; it just comes naturally to their conversations as mentioned before (for replacements of "stinks, sucks, stupid, etc.").

It truly is a shame people can't accept others for being different, but it's not changing anytime soon. As I've talked to people about before, I absolutely detest homophobes. Those who try to force their own beliefs on others about homosexuality being an immense sin obviously don't understand the Bible themselves very well. What happened to "love thy neighbor" or "forgiveness of sins"? What truly sparked such a hatred from homosexuality? There are those who are forgiven for murder, grand theft, adultery, and abortion but not for being attracted to those of the same sex (or whatever their sexual orientation is composed of)? That's absolutely absurd to be quite honest...

It really upsets me knowing that a large majority of gays feel completely isolated from the world and tend to end their own lives because of it. People need to be more accepting of one another, it's sad. I'm a bisexual trans woman myself, and my own parents tell me practically everyday that my whole life is compiled with sin and that I'm going to hell. Do you know how that feels? Having my own parents not accept me and tell me I'm going to burn in hell? It feels terrible. Guess what religion they take part in..? Christianity. A religion of supposed "love", "caring", and "forgiveness" for others. I realize there are loving and caring Christians out there, but there is also a large majority of hateful and unforgiving ones too.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Being accused of being gay is one of the most said things to me. People or "person" even say it to me in the lobby, people's stereotypes of being "gay" these days are pathetic.

Roluctive

Platinum
Reaction score
People like me get called clan hopper so that could mean I'm picky or want the best for me

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
I appreciate this post, however, I genuinely do not think it's going to change anyone's outlook who intentionally verbalizes malicious comments towards homosexuals. Just like with heartfelt movies, articles, etc.; people think to themselves that they will get their lives straightened out, but forget about it all the next day. I could be wrong however, I realize there's people out there who are on "the-edge" of their opinion and/or come to realize what they're doing wrong. There's also those who are too damn stubborn to see they're in the wrong and block out opposing views to their own.

I agree, people use the term "gay" as an insult or even as a replacement for the word "stinks, sucks, stupid, etc." (by this I mean, "You have to do 7 hours of homework!? Wow, that's gay.."). A lot of people don't realize or understand that "gay" is a term for homosexuals; not an insult to call someone because you think they're dumb, annoying, etc. In fact, some people don't even realize they even use the term and don't think it's offensive in any way; it just comes naturally to their conversations as mentioned before (for replacements of "stinks, sucks, stupid, etc.").

It truly is a shame people can't accept others for being different, but it's not changing anytime soon. As I've talked to people about before, I absolutely detest homophobes. Those who try to force their own beliefs on others about homosexuality being an immense sin obviously don't understand the Bible themselves very well. What happened to "love thy neighbor" or "forgiveness of sins"? What truly sparked such a hatred from homosexuality? There are those who are forgiven for murder, grand theft, adultery, and abortion but not for being attracted to those of the same sex (or whatever their sexual orientation is composed of)? That's absolutely absurd to be quite honest...

It really upsets me knowing that a large majority of gays feel completely isolated from the world and tend to end their own lives because of it. People need to be more accepting of one another, it's sad. I'm a bisexual trans woman myself, and my own parents tell me practically everyday that my whole life is compiled with sin and that I'm going to hell. Do you know how that feels? Having my own parents not accept me and tell me I'm going to burn in hell? It feels terrible. Guess what religion they take part in..? Christianity. A religion of supposed "love", "caring", and "forgiveness" for others. I realize there are loving and caring Christians out there, but there is also a large majority of hateful and unforgiving ones too.
To begin, I'd like to thank you for the input in the post. Next, everyone can change if they want to. If they truly attempt to have a new mindset, it's easy to put into action. As for the third paragraph, homophobes blatant disgust me. It's far worse than any racism. And as for the final paragraph, I completely understand what you're saying and while I do feel sorry, that is not my real response right now; that would be pity. You aren't asking for pity; it's a trait very few people have but I can tell when people do or don't want pity most of the time. So instead, I'll tell you this: just remember that even if you're told otherwise in daily life, you are loved and cared about. No matter what your parents or any assholes say, you are. You have friends. Even if they're through the internet, people like me, we are real friends. We care about you. Remember that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci