• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

We need your help to raise awareness to Bukkit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our survival games plugin had to do some major, temporary changes due to a "minor" bug where if you teleport between worlds, you are invisible until you relog in. If you teleport on the same world from location to location, you are still visible. For most servers, re-logging in is minor and you can just easily do that on any servers....but ours. We tried asking bukkit to see if they can fix this "minor" issue but seems they are not getting the message. So we need help with you guys to raise awareness to the bukkit team that this bug isn't minor and should be fixed sooner rather than later! That is the last thing that needs to be fixed until we can revert back to the old ways of 1.2.5!

How can you help?

1) Retweet this tweet: https://twitter.com/MCChadTheDJ/status/233668410238713856
2) Go on the Bukkit bug tracker and vote up this bug. (account needed)
3) Optional: Tweet the bukkit devs about this issue

For now our plugin is modified until there is a fix out or a workaround has been found:
  • No lobby or arena map
  • Games start on the pre-chosen map on start (map picked at random)
  • Voting is disabled until fix
  • Deathmatch is now held at corn on that map
Again this is temporary but at least we are on 1.3.1! Walls server has been delayed due to the SurvivalGames update because that is our FIRST priority. No ETA right now but we will update you when we made some progress.

RogueHaven

Tribute
Reaction score
I believe I'm the first vote on the bukkit site for this : ) Glad to help

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Our survival games plugin had to do some major, temporary changes due to a "minor" bug where if you teleport between worlds, you are invisible until you relog in. If you teleport on the same world from location to location, you are still visible. For most servers, re-logging in is minor and you can just easily do that on any servers....but ours. We tried asking bukkit to see if they can fix this "minor" issue but seems they are not getting the message. So we need help with you guys to raise awareness to the bukkit team that this bug isn't minor and should be fixed sooner than later! That is the last thing that needs to be fixed until we can revert back to the old ways of 1.2.5!

How can you help?

1) Retweet this tweet: https://twitter.com/MCChadTheDJ/status/233668410238713856
2) Go on the Bukkit bug tracker and vote up this bug. (account needed)
3) Optional: Tweet the bukkit devs about this issue

For now our plugin is modified until there is a fix out or a workaround has been found:
  • No lobby or arena map
  • Games start on the pre-chosen map on start (map picked at random)
  • Voting is disabled until fix
  • Deathmatch is now held at corn on that map
Again this is temporary but at least we are on 1.3.1! Walls server has been delayed due to the SurvivalGames update because that is our FIRST priority. No ETA right now but we will update you when we made some progress.
Just so you know, theres another glitch on the servers, you may know about it already but if you hold shift and while doing it you left click (this is the way to go bac kto spawn) you will get teleported to map's 1 corn, even if the current game is in another map.

C

clankstar

Just so you know, theres another glitch on the servers, you may know about it already but if you hold shift and while doing it you left click (this is the way to go bac kto spawn) you will get teleported to map's 1 corn, even if the current game is in another map.
Yeah, working on that.

willeb96

Tribute
Reaction score
I have a workaround, put all your maps on the same map and just teleport players around.
Will be alot of work but might be worth it if the Bukkit team are gonna take a while.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah, working on that.
Cool! :D
I sohuld add that that happened to me while spectating on map 3, and now while playing on map 2 shift+left click sent me to map 3 corn. (in map 1 seems to work just fine) Well... i dont nkow why i am telling you this... you know about it anyways lol XD

C

clankstar

Cool! :D
I sohuld add that that happened to me while spectating on map 3, and now while playing on map 2 shift+left click sent me to map 3 corn. (in map 1 seems to work just fine) Well... i dont nkow why i am telling you this... you know about it anyways lol XD
This is a EU server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci