• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Welcome 3 new maps on the servers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
The con with your idea is that the only maps that will be played are the ones that are extremely overplayed, whilst good maps like SG2 will be just as unpopular as usual just because of their size during this 'checking'.

Carz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Survival Games Highway! I love you people!

misterzane

Survivor
Reaction score
ok now iv played all 3 and i do not like sg highway or icarus but i like chernobel 2015

KungFuCupcake

Experienced
Reaction score
SG Highway is the best , chernobyl is good , but Icarus didn't seem to be so good when I played it.

N0XUS

Tribute
Reaction score
Chernobyl looks amazing, so much detail and resembles the original disaster sight much more then I expected it would. Was Icarus inspired from the film Sunshine? Same name, same story and same design concept. All brilliant maps though :O

N0XUS

Tribute
Reaction score
were you the guy hating on the trailer? Icarus was actually inspired by another awesome minecraft build we saw, and we were like hey, why don't we do this as a sequel to moonbase to carry on the storyline. It does have the same name, but we chose the name from the original daedalus and icarus storyline. Not from the film.

The same story? I don't know if you watched the same film that I did.. but in the film sunshine, the sun is dying so they go on a spaceship to reignite the sun...

In our storyline, a drifting ship is found in space and brought to an asteroid space station, a solar flare causes essential systems to fail so the virus breaches quarantine.. So really the only element that go across are.. a virus.. and space? and maybe the sun? its definately not the same storyline.. it would be like saying breeze island is copying castaway because they are both on an island.. with lots of water around.. and trees?

Also same design concept? I'm sorry but did you see the same film I saw?!? the ship design is completely different.. like so ridiculously different I dont really believe you have seen the film. so go watch it.

(sorry for the rant ;p)

No but I read that comment and I remembered the movie when I read it.
1. Ive seen the film, and from your comment it sounds like you just quoted the YT comment for facts about the movie.
2. The design concept is the same, the spaceship, the sun, the virus-its all also included in the movie Sunshine.
3. In the movie Sunshine, there is also a breakout of some sort of virus, unknown cause could be a solar flare or radiation but they could not also contain the quarantine and eventually all crew members died.

I've seen the film twice and this map resembles the movie so much, the name Icarus, the Solar flare, the virus and the fact that its a spaceship. Clearly there are some connections to the movie, maybe not intended but it clearly has similar aspects.

I don't know if you're but hurt that someone is asking a question about you're map, but all I asked was if it was linked. All you had to say was "No".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci