• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Computer Should I Get?

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Hey there, Theoretical here, and could I just borrow some advice of yours?

Okay, so some of you might of heard of my YouTube Channel, TheoriHD,(See here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheoriHD?feature=mhee) where I post commentaries and gameplay. Yet, these past couple months I have been unable to post anything due to technical difficulties, where my computer has been constantly crashing and acting out due it’s poor intergrated graphics card. This is really frustrating as I genuinely enjoy recording commentaries, and moreover, video editing.

So, with my birthday on the horizon, and some money I have saved up, I plan to buy a new computer under the 1000$ range. To those who think I should build a computer, I definitely would as it is a cheaper and better alternative, yet I cannot convince my mother that I am capable of building a computer despite my attempts. So, I ask of you, do you have any suggested desktop computers within the 1000$ range that are fully capable of running Minecraft on Normal, Smooth Lighting, Fancy with at least 100 fps while recording? (as well as some other games such as Borderlands 2).

The current computer I’m thinking about getting is this: http://www.amazon.com/HP-Envy-h8-1430-Desktop-Black/dp/B009I9MX7W/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363573805&sr=1-1&keywords=H8-1435. Is that a good enough for what I’m going to be asking of it?

Thanks,
Theoretical.

Echo/Haydn

Platinum
Reaction score
apple mac xD jk I would say Alienware but the laptops die after about a year and a half so a desktop alienware, but that would cost about $3500

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Alienware 51x; Cheap as hell compared to other alienware PCs and I managed to get one with 1TB of ram and 2TB of hard drive space for about $1200-1400. I HIGHLY recommend it :D.

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
Alienware 51x; Cheap as hell compared to other alienware PCs and I managed to get one with 1TB of ram and 2TB of hard drive space for about $1200-1400. I HIGHLY recommend it :D.
I've been researching this as well, because I'm looking into obtaining a new computer for possible video recordings. Right now, I'm looking at either the version with the 2 TB of RAM and Intel i7, or the one with i5s and 1 TB Ram.

I've gone through the entire process with the 2 TB / i7s, but I'm wondering if it's really worth it. My total sum after going through their "personalizing" process was about $1,150. However, if I can save a few hundred dollars and downgrade to the i5s and 1 TB, that'd be nice as well, as I need to get microphones / headsets (I'm looking into the x12s for that) and possibly a keyboard.

What is the difference between i5s and i7s?

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I've been researching this as well, because I'm looking into obtaining a new computer for possible video recordings. Right now, I'm looking at either the version with the 2 TB of RAM and Intel i7, or the one with i5s and 1 TB Ram.

I've gone through the entire process with the 2 TB / i7s, but I'm wondering if it's really worth it. My total sum after going through their "personalizing" process was about $1,150. However, if I can save a few hundred dollars and downgrade to the i5s and 1 TB, that'd be nice as well, as I need to get microphones / headsets (I'm looking into the x12s for that) and possibly a keyboard.

i7=i7 i5<i7

ExKing

Platinum
Reaction score
xXxxXHaxx00riousxXxXXX 9000 !! That's what I use

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
But, is it really worth the +$300? :e

I'm just looking for good FPS numbers on MCSG to record. I'm currently getting like, 70, rendering me unable to record. :/

EDIT: Nevermind. I've made up my mind, now I'll have to convince my parents. :p
Yeyah geoute dah eyi7 doood (Get the i7).

Canziano

District 13
Reaction score
do NOT buy alienware!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!.
It's just overprized as fuuuuc, build your own computer and you can get twice the better computer than alienware for the same price.
And do NOT buy an laptop or mac, I will come to you and choke you with a spoon:)

jrulz101

Experienced
Reaction score
i think the one that u r looking at at the moment looks pretty hectic and really i dont mind as long as u can post any computers fine i think although depending on the brand of da pc im pretty sure u can go on the brand website and go to suport drivers and downloads and den go into video card aka graphics and update it may work cause i did it for ma grade at school

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

is it just me or soes it say TB for random access memory??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci