• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What did you do over Halloween Weekend?

ViolentKitten

Platinum
Reaction score
My year level had to go to a compulsory many-school-involving track and field competition... Four hours of sitting... And watching... And it ended at 8:00PM

Went to a halloween party afterwards, t'was great.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Oh, and I heard 3 kids died on Halloween in my city.
Ah, let's use holidays as an excuse to be stupid.

But seriously, why do people have to throw all logic out the window on Halloween and get in so much trouble and go so far as violence? It's not like Halloween is its own independent period of time... You are just as responsible for the dumb things you do then as you are at any other time.

Then there's Christmas, which is supposed to be the most jolly, lovely time of the year when in fact the most suicides occur in December. People get feelings of great inadequacy and stress and just lose hope. In my opinion, Christmas is a holiday that kids enjoy way more than adults. If you have ever overheard adults talking about Christmas, it's usually a pretty grim and grueling conversation. Not only that, we lie to them about some fat stalker man with a white beard who watches you in your sleep to see if you've been bad or good, which basically leads poorer children to believe that they are worse people.

Then there's Easter, which is basically another excuse to throw candy and spoil children. It's really something only little kids get pumped about. We also lie to our children about some bunny just to taint their image of the world and make them think that the world revolves around them, just like Santa.

Then you have New Years, where you go out, buy a bunch of fireworks, host a huge party, stuff your face with little sausages wrapped in pancakes while staying up incredibly late, only to make resolutions usually along the lines of spending money wisely, eating healthy, and getting to bed earlier.

Then you have Thanksgiving, where you celebrate the fact that Americans had one good harvest and then starting killing off the natives as soon as they had enough guns to do so. In modern times we talk about all our many things we are grateful for, then go out and spend hundreds of dollars at many stores the next day to get things we so desperately need.

There's also the patriotic Fourth of July, where we celebrate the fact that America was too violent and ungrateful to get independence from Britain like almost every single other commonwealth did. (Canada, Africa, Australia, etc...)

Then there's Valentine's day, where we express our love by going out and spending money on cards and bad chocolates to show how genuinely we love each other. Then we force our children to make cards for kids in their classes that they may not even know or like and personally deliver the sweets to them by placing them in homemade decorated boxes.

We also tell children that they get to be the center of the world for one day every year, during their birthday. This one isn't too bad, but it is another excuse for corporations to get people to spend money on things they really shouldn't.

Ohhh America how twisted your holidays are... The only ones that aren't twisted are the ones nobody really cares about. I personally like the two equinoxes because of their awesome science and symbolism, as well as mother's and father's day.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score

But seriously, why do people have to throw all logic out the window on Halloween and get in so much trouble and go so far as violence? It's not like Halloween is its own independent period of time... You are just as responsible for the dumb things you do then as you are at any other time.

Then there's Christmas, which is supposed to be the most jolly, lovely time of the year when in fact the most suicides occur in December. People get feelings of great inadequacy and stress and just lose hope. In my opinion, Christmas is a holiday that kids enjoy way more than adults. If you have ever overheard adults talking about Christmas, it's usually a pretty grim and grueling conversation. Not only that, we lie to them about some fat stalker man with a white beard who watches you in your sleep to see if you've been bad or good, which basically leads poorer children to believe that they are worse people.

Then there's Easter, which is basically another excuse to throw candy and spoil children. It's really something only little kids get pumped about. We also lie to our children about some bunny just to taint their image of the world and make them think that the world revolves around them, just like Santa.

Then you have New Years, where you go out, buy a bunch of fireworks, host a huge party, stuff your face with little sausages wrapped in pancakes while staying up incredibly late, only to make resolutions usually along the lines of spending money wisely, eating healthy, and getting to bed earlier.

Then you have Thanksgiving, where you celebrate the fact that Americans had one good harvest and then starting killing off the natives as soon as they had enough guns to do so. In modern times we talk about all our many things we are grateful for, then go out and spend hundreds of dollars at many stores the next day to get things we so desperately need.

There's also the patriotic Fourth of July, where we celebrate the fact that America was too violent and ungrateful to get independence from Britain like almost every single other commonwealth did. (Canada, Africa, Australia, etc...)

Then there's Valentine's day, where we express our love by going out and spending money on cards and bad chocolates to show how genuinely we love each other. Then we force our children to make cards for kids in their classes that they may not even know or like and personally deliver the sweets to them by placing them in homemade decorated boxes.

We also tell children that they get to be the center of the world for one day every year, during their birthday. This one isn't too bad, but it is another excuse for corporations to get people to spend money on things they really shouldn't.

Ohhh America how twisted your holidays are... The only ones that aren't twisted are the ones nobody really cares about. I personally like the two equinoxes because of their awesome science and symbolism, as well as mother's and father's day.
erm, they got ran over by cars. o.o

Cinci | Kame

Platinum
Reaction score

Thanks for ruining my childhood...... :(

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Friday night I went out to a friend's house and had a good time with some good friends. It all ended with me crying on the floor because spoopy skeleton was too spoopy for my tastes. Oh, what a life.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Attended my grandfather's funeral...

It was very saddening because when my younger cousin had found out he had died on Friday (he actually passed away on Thursday), she vowed to never celebrate Halloween again :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci