• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do braces feel like?

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am getting my top braces on tomorrow; that's why I am curious.
I got top before bottom (I now have both top and bottom) top alone isn't too bad. Just brush and use a waterpick a lot.

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
Braces, my least favorite period of my life.
So, when you get your braces on, you can barely talk, and you can barely eat. It's bad. And if you use any force with your teeth it feels like someone's trying to pull them out. It sucks.
But when you get used to it it feels almost like you have no braces on.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I think everyone will agree with me when I say this, THE WORST part of having braces is.......

The lisp

Sim_Man

District 13
Reaction score
They hurt for a few days, so i ate noodles every day lol

ThatTyle

Platinum
Reaction score
They are perfect for me. It only hurt for the first week, but then everything is fine now. You even get "seconds" when you eat sometimes ;)

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
If you get headgear, WEAR IT EVERY NIGHT OR YOU HAVE TO GET RUBBER BANDS!!!
IT MAY SUCK BUT IT'S WORTH

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
The braces themselves are fine, nothing to worry about. As others have said, no hard foods for about a week or so or you will be in some next-level pain. The awkwardness of having metal in your mouth subsides quickly. As they tighten the wires, it will be a bit tense and sore, but in my experience it was a breeze.

Palette expanders on the other hand... Imma rant a bit.

I don't know if you are getting one, but if you do, feel free to be terrified. First of all, for the first few hours, you basically feel like you can't breathe. For the next few hours, you can barely drink water. I made the mistake of trying to eat eggs when I first got it on, and I almost suffocated myself because so much of the first bite got stuck in the palette expander. Also, say goodbye to pasta, unless you want the feeling of a long slimy string dangling down your throat after every bite (you don't, trust me). If something does get stuck in there, it could be days of torture before it comes out. You may assume that eating will be back to normal after a few days, but that would be an incorrect assumption. Also, for the first month when you have it on, you need to stick this pointy-thingy into a hole every night and shove the expander back into your throat. Yes, it hurts to do that.

In summary, the braces are fine, but if your orthodontist even mentions the word "expander"... run.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
Starts bad. After that you dont really notice them much. Just an extension to a tooth. Had them for 2 years and got them off a year ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci