• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you like to see in a map?

Would you date Zaex30? ;)

• Total voters

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
It depends on what kind of map it is. A city, like Valleyside or something, I would like to see a shopping mall with different floors and shops. If the map is sandy, like Eye of Horus, I would like to see a big temple with Egyptian monuments like this:
(Gardens of Babylon)
If it is a warfield, such as Zone 85 or Turbulence, I would like to see an old-fashioned such as a wooden battleship with cannons and blown up terrain and fire.

bridgedragon

Diamond
Reaction score
If you can manage between good detailed builds, PvP areas, terraforming, manageable fps, and just all around good, for good gameplay. That's what's I like.

J

Joel/MadDawg

As a builder myself, the quality of the structures matters most to me. Builds have to stick to a theme, be functional in design, and most importantly look good. I don't care about terraforming as much but I like to see at least some significant terrain change in a map (building a completely flat map is just lazy in my eyes). Finally, I love parkour that is integrated into maps and structures - it adds a layer of depth that I really enjoy.

Of course, if you want to make a map that an average mcsg player likes just make a 200 radius super flat world with 100 tier twos.

EDIT: if you ever would like some support I would love to help :)

Kailey

Platinum
Reaction score
I like maps that aren't too empty but also aren't too packed. You need structures and buildings but don't overcrowd the area because there also needs to be small, empty spaces that are good for pvp. I like it when maps have secrets, like codes and riddles to get a chest or certain item or something. I hate extremely big maps and please don't fill them with fences or item frames because 10 fps is never fun. Not sure if that made any sense, whatsoever, but hey I'm trying here.

FAMILYMONSTER

Experienced
Reaction score
I just like to see a map with great detail and has good free space to PvP! I also think maps that are too big aren't my favourite as I feel it's not that enjoyable as you spend half the time looking for people to PvP against :p

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
All maps have different traits and aspects to making them successful arenas for people to enjoy in. For example, Valleyside University is a well know and commonly played map, but why could that be the case? It would usually be by the amount of detail put in each of the interiors of the buildings, maybe the cornucopia looks pretty fancy as well, sort of like a courtyard. Also, each and every building has its own unique, and very detailed aspects to making it more flashy and catchy, bringing it more attraction for players.

However, there are also maps like Holiday Resort, and maybe Breeze island are also quite well known and admired by a vast majority of the community. Holiday Resort, despite on how much swimming or how much water there is within the whole map, the way the map makers have took advantage of the land they made was exceptional, meaning that they made the land they had worth exploring. Also, there are mountainous reaches which contain an observatory, train station, and airport as well. They contain a lot of tier two chests, and the way they varied the blocks placed in the map made it seem more enjoyable. Especially on how unique a lot of the structures are.

This could also include Breeze Island, it does mostly consist of water, and a ton of swimming, however each island that was uniquely created out of sheer imagination is worth swimming and taking your time towards to, especially the ship as well. Despite the time it takes to certain islands without a boat, they each present you valuable items that could aid you within the game. Also, within the main land ashore, there are plenty of traps, secrets and incredible chests to locate. Which truly brings out the mystery of Breeze island, the design and layout with all of the terraforming was mesmerizing. Which was such a joy to explore.

All kinds of maps usually need different aspects for enjoying it, depending on the genre or theme. However, I enjoy maps as well without having connectivity issues. :p

Circulating

Spectator
Reaction score
All maps are different, so I believe my judgement would hardly affect what you're planning on building. Everyone has their own styles, or themes for their maps, And going for a different style or theme than the rest would aesthetically help.

I would also suggest not cramming too much buildings or rough terrain into a small area, so make sure there is some place to PvP fairly, and also don't put too much trees or tall structures together, make them spread apart or if it's a city, try to make them have some alleys or crevices.

These are only my suggestions however, so you don't have to take them, but in my opinion that would please me. Thanks for reading.

Twee

District 13
Reaction score
Flat terrain, or anything good for pvp.

E

Ephiza

Good for pvp
Nice and flat
Not a carbon copy of maps
Community enjoys it
Enough tier two's to where there are enough routes to get everyone stacked
Not so many tier two's there are 4 teams of 2 running around full iron dia sword 5 gaps
A area that creates a disadvantage for teams
Good chokepoints for hackers and such.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci