• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you miss most at MCGamer?

Bunns

Platinum
Reaction score
2013 clans - when 4gotrrn rebels and primeval were competing 4 #1

The island hub - ;-;

All the old players and their clans

carlos | blxss

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh my goddddddd okay

I miss how it was around the time when the hub was first created like when we had to have every server in the server thing, ahh. And that was around the time when everybody was like Joey Graceffa crazy lol. But I miss how fun it was, nobody was going around saying "GG10" or "Rekt" "eZ" etc.. It was FUN and peaceful and enjoyable. I miss Wyvern's Wake with the diamond swords and enchanting bottles, I miss the time where if you seen an iron donor you were scared because they just HAD to be good because they bought the donor (and jefeperro was like the only diamond donor). I miss team in the cake room, the maps Moonlight Lake, Old Solar Frost, when JustHellooo did all that clan stuff, and most importantly when the community was not annoying (no offence).

:oops::rolleyes:

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Old Hub.
Old players that made every game a challenge.
FyreUK lobby.
When MCSG didn't mean so much to people and you could play games hours on end and not get abused/discarded/bored.
The old Admins- Anster, Bic, Aeruner etc.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Before there were a million clans, old friends, old maps, before people used the rod, before the community became competitive, direct connecting, old maps, friends, old maps, being staff, and old maps.

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. The first hub
2. Being able to go in the hub and chat without being harassed/hit on
3. Being able to go on the ts without someone cursing every second word/trolling/voice changers, and just being able to have a normal convo on there.
4. Just people in general, who have left.

Last edited:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
-Getting on top of the "Y" on the FyreUK sign
-The parkour challenge in the 2012 lobby
-Getting full iron and two diamonds from the lottery on SG1
-Having only SG1 and SG2
-The DM arena with the lava underneath
-Sponsoring potions
-The fist glitch
-Wyverns Wake
-reven86
Loads more, MCSG isn't what it once was ;_;
You define nostalgia. I like that c:

Either way, I must say I miss having dedicated servers that were numbered logically. I understand why we have dynamic servers, and I'm glad we did it to improve the performance of the network but it was a lot simpler back then.

I miss when the community was smaller and more tightly-knit. It's great to see so many new players and I'm ecstatic that we've made it so far but it can't hurt to miss the days when you knew almost everyone. I wish the newer players came in with a more positive and open mindset, too many new players nowadays are disrespectful and accusatory because they don't understand the workings of this network. I myself am working my hardest to find ways to accquaint new players easier and make them more responsible and mature coming in :)

Valswee

Diamond
Reaction score
freaking out over getting in a game with joeygraceffa or stacyplays, using the launching pad things to try to get to the top of the tree in the hub, freeze island, bringing friends through the haunted house in the lobby before a game and teaming in the cake room

FLAMEdex

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
-the 2012 halloween hub
-the fist glitch
-being really exited to play and learn new maps
-Learning to pvp
-Being a noob
-The people who have left
-mcg v1
-when people were a whole lot nicer
-Freeze island, wyverns wake, Moonlight Lake
-sg4 (lol where has it gone? I havn't played it in ages)
-Getting lost in sg1 and sg3

Last edited:

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
The old, select group of staff.

The key reason why MCGamer is different now lies in the new, different staff.

Sadly, the staff that made MCGamer achieve stardom and greatness (sort've a golden age) from the 2012-2013 era are simply not here anymore.

A final series of behind-the-scene pushes we're made by those staff members. This was back just before that short span of time where a relatively huge amount of staff members quit. (Including admin and sr, staff member(s).

This leads into a topic which I still to this day hesitate to expand upon. I plan on doing so sometime, just not here or now

It's rather unfortunate...The staff nowadays have seemingly good intentions (most of them I would think) but looking at the admin team and the sr. staff team...they really are helpless to some degree. It's not even their fault - A lot of them wish to be great staff members, but their unawareness and lack of wisdom prevent them from effectively doing so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci