• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What is your favorite Survival Games map and why?

What is your favorite SG map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thepalgamer

Survivor
Reaction score
This is a really tough one because all of these maps are all masterpieces in my opinion.
If I had to choose, I would pick map 1, mainly because it introduced me to the games, has a great sense of balance, and is just fun to explore. I'm still finding new stuff.
2nd is map 3, because of just it's size. Everyone has there own route, and that mountain is always rewarding to climb.
3rd is map 4, because while is does seem like a map, just to make another map, the traps are fantastically devious and its a mini map 2 without the lag.
4th is map 2. I do admit it is INCREDIBLY detailed, and can be very balanced, but the lag on my computer makes me feel that people with a more powerful PC have an advantage from the get go.
that is my 2 cents. Oh, and bring back the 120 servers, they were AWESOME! (and the hostile mobs too)

TheDeviousKitty

Survivor
Reaction score
Honestly, I can't make the decision now. I'm still exploring map 4. As of right now and based on what I've played and seen on map 4, I'd say it's the best. Easy to find people (but not too easy), good building, you can choose between the city or forests, but most of all I love all the awesome traps! I've killed three people in three different traps! For now I am really enjoying it.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
map 2 is my favorite just because of how amazing the map is and the tier 2 chests, its a good thing breeze island is not up there because if not, I would be sitting there for an hour trying to decide between map 2 and breeze island

savva60

Experienced
Reaction score
Map 1 is no doubt the best... If you master it you will almost certainly win.

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
Map 2, because the style is awesome, and the chest routs are fun :)

SharkBullet500

Spectator
Reaction score
My favorite is Suvival games 3, for 3 good reasons.
1: It was the first ever one I played.
2: It is a very cool place to be.
The most important of all, 3: Because it is very fun to play.
Thank you everyone down at MCSG for making an awesome game for us all to play, keep up the good work.

gameboy1234567

Spectator
Reaction score
I think about 1,too, because the chests are not just in houses. you can´treally say " in this direction is... " from the spawn. that is so special abuot this map.

Elisha

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
My favorite is the newest maps and the new community maps. Really challenging though. SG4's good with all that structures and stuff.

Lizzie

Survivor
Reaction score
I <3 Map 2 Its by far the most impressive building I have seen besides Yellowstone map by Vikki and Flesh but yeah other than that Its really impressive and I also like it because it is based off on New York :p

AngryPillow17

Spectator
Reaction score
I really like map 4 before it came out i loved 1 and 2 and map 4 just mixes it to the perfect map.

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
This is a really difficult choice for me, because there is no clear winner! Map 1 started the Survival Games boom, and did so masterfully, with its amazingly crafted terrain, a perfect size, and balanced gameplay - more so than any other map. Unfortunately, there are very few landmarks to go by, and gameplay on the non-coast side of the island is impossibly blind.
Map 2 was incredible. All those structures, with attention to detail, it blows the other maps out of the water in terms of structures, and the busyness of the map made it impossible to follow when you were PLAYING the map, so I cannot imagine building it. It has so much stuff crammed in, and I'm still discovering new chests and areas daily. However, it's laggy, and you can only look at gray buildings for so long, no matter how stunning they are, before getting mind-numbingly bored with the map.
If Map 2 had the best buildings, Map 3 had the best terraforming by far, and mixing mountains, caves, and jungle terrain was genius. The Map 3 trailer got me bouncing up and down with excitement far more than any other map, because, based on sheer quality of construction, Map 3 is the best. Buildings come naturally to minecrafters, and blowing them up with tnt afterward and spamming vines on them, more so. It takes true talent to show up any terrain generators that have appeared before with your bare hands. The cornucopia was incredible, and my jaw dropped when I first saw the vines on the ceiling, which added so much depth to cornucopia fighting. However, games ran long because of the size, and dead players had 0% playing time, so it failed the noob vote, and running was way too easy on the treeless sections of the map. It was hard to kill people.
Map 4, the new one. The gameplay is great, if not a bit stagnant. The attention to detail is really quite sad, honestly. The previous 3 maps not only had fun surface gameplay, but detail and depth that made it look like some super-intelligent terrain generator spit out perfect maps. 4 is a plains biome. However, barring the mystery and amazingness of previous maps, SG4 is good as a standalone, and the traps are where it truly shines. The falling gravel chest? Brilliant. The lava trap near the crashed plane? Brilliant. The hangar that fills with lava? My best memory on Map 4 is killing the diamond sword/full iron guy by hitting the button as he entered. Smug satisfaction defined. So I must say that the laugh factor on Map 4 is the highest. I get a chuckle almost every time I play it.
So which map is best? My personal favorite is Map 3, but each map has its own merits that contribute to individual success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci