• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What Makes a Good Username?

Are you happy with your username?

• Yes

Votes: 57 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 32.0%
  • That's Classified.

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

422ekaj

Tribute
Reaction score
the reason i chose mine- easy to remember and i use it for everything and spelled backwards is jake224 (my name irl is jacob)

freshtweak

Tribute
Reaction score
I've had my username since around 03, Basically just thought of two words that combined well together and thus "Freshtweak" was born. :)

As long as your username is Unique I believe it is a good username.

Shaun Ericksen

Tribute
Reaction score
I Was Thinking Of Buying A New Og name like zone or something like that.but i don't want to restart my stats : (
46 wins is too hard to give up.what do you think i should do?

freshtweak

Tribute
Reaction score
I Was Thinking Of Buying A New Og name like zone or something like that.but i don't want to restart my stats : (
I'm not sure whether you can do anything about that to be honest, i'll try and find out for you though.

Theoretical

District 13
Reaction score
Here's what I'm thinking about doing, for points anyway. I'll buy an account and have my friend and I make it to DM using my accounts. Then I'll bounty my points to my newer account, and kill my old self. For wins? Sorry...

Two_Shoez427

Spectator
Reaction score
I always had multiple ideas for my username, and I just decided to make it this :D
It means in an odd way the old saying:
"Goody Old Two Shoes"
If you never heard of that, Read a significant book please :p

Shaun Ericksen

Tribute
Reaction score
Here's what I'm thinking about doing, for points anyway. I'll buy an account and have my friend and I make it to DM using my accounts. Then I'll bounty my points to my newer account, and kill my old self. For wins? Sorry...
I Don't Care About points I think it matters about skill or pvp skill which im good at and i really Have put a lot of time into those 46 wins idk how long it was but im glad i have my wins even thought bunches of people only care about points I think the point of the game is win or lose.
for some reason everytime i vs a hacker i win... why does this happen i usually always died by them but now i dont anymore like i have a hacker repel from pokemon or something....

Shaun Ericksen

Tribute
Reaction score
Honestly i would make another account but the expenses to get all the stuff i had on it would be pricy
but since im getting my birthday money i want to save up for an alienware computer but i also want a new minecraft account also for the name
expenses:
minecraft optifine cape:$10
minecraft premium:$28/$29
minecraft mcsg iron donation:$10
thats around $10 + $28/$29~$30 + $10 = $50
woah! $50 dollars is crazy amount to get everything back!
i know i dont need optifine cape but when i make skins for myself i need something on my back which i have no clue what so i need that cape i tell you!!!
how much would you have to pay to get everything on your account back?
leave your questions and answers in the comment section below be sure to subcribe to this channel righhhht here
BOOM---------->http://www.youtube.com/user/stevenupload?feature=results_main
thanks for subscribing (the link leads to my brother's youtube account which he started a week ago,hes pro at games the latest black ops2 info also is included in his videos)
please like rate and comment,
thanks for watching...PEACE!
(outro music)

TheMinecraftPerson

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm not going to mention my own username, cuz its stupid an I made it when I was younger.
Moving on to what does and doesnt make a good username-

I dont think a good username should have numbers, because 1., they're hard to remember, and 2., they make it seem like you wanted a better username but it was taken, so you had to add a string of long numbers at the end. Which is the case most of the time. But it doesn't sound nearly as good.

A good username should be clever, original, and maybe even a play on words. I've been following a bunch of Minecraft Youtubers since before they were very popular, and I noticed that the popular ones are the ones that have clever usernames. For example- Xephos. That's definately a creative name that sticks in people's heads because a lot of people have never heard the word before. Also, Captainsparklez. Creative, clever, and purposefully misspelled. You have to be careful when you do that, though, or it could seriously backfire on you.

A good username often has something to do with the person's real name. You've got the right idea with Theoreticallyy there, but you're right, you need something better. And you need to drop the second y.
In my opinion, TheoRize does sound like a really good name, because it makes me think immediately of "theorize". But not enough people will understand something like Sortheori, so I don't know if that would be as good.

This comment turned out to be a lot longer than I'd intended, but here's one last tip-
If you have a username that you would like to use, but can't, because it's already taken, don't try and turn it into something that still sounds similar. That's where you went wrong with Theoreticallyy.

I hope I could be of some help to you. Good luck with your username.

Nickofusk

Spectator
Reaction score
Man i hate my username, its HeyitsNick44. i want a username with my name in it but its catchy. any ideas????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci