• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What makes a Minecraft YT channel successful?

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys!

So, some of you might know that I attended Vidcon this summer. At Vidcon, I got to meet a ton of Minecraft Youtubers and a ton of Minecraft Youtube fans. That's when I started thinking - starting a Minecraft channel is pretty risky. Not only are you limiting yourself to an audience who enjoys video games, but you're further placing restrictions on a community that enjoys Minecraft. However, one thing that caught me by surprise was that there were a GOOD amount of people that didn't even play Minecraft that enjoyed watching these people. An example of this are people who attended The Cube meet-up.

Probably about 70% of the people that I asked at the meet-up said they haven't even played Minecraft. So what is it? Is it an SMP that people just enjoy watching? Are gameplays even the way to go anymore for a successful YouTube channel?

I'd love to hear what everyone's thoughts are on the topic. I am by no means a Youtube nor do I plan to be, but I think the culture of it all is very interesting. :)

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
Good microphone, smooth & HD gameplay, custom/bought art & good commentary. Consistency when it comes to uploads is also a key factor.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I feel that at the start of your channel, most people are very gameplay-oriented with their content. As they get more comfortable and get to know their fan base a bit more, they become more outgoing and let their personality shine. Somewhere around that point is where I think the gameplay is less important than the personality and people begin to watch for the personality of the content creator.

As for the successful part, YouTube success relies heavily on luck to get exposure. After you get the shot, taking full advantage of it can help launch you and gain you popularity to some extent. Afterwards, it's all based on how well you produce the content that you put out and the effort that you put into it.

Also, being attractive doesn't hurt, as sirshmoopies' comment section can prove.

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Vanessa any YT channel you start will be amazing. I know you might see this post as pointless, but i'm being serious.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I recently starting doing YT, I haven't grown much but I try to upload. Somethings that you really need is a good Microphone, Commentary, Quality & good Gameplay. The number 1 problem for me is my internet speed, it's not very good for me so I have to upload maybe once a week or twice a week!

Istolepancakes

Survivor
Reaction score
I feel like as long as the commentary is entertaining and interesting the content doesn't really matter, i can't bare to watch videos in which the commentary is poor but i could watch videos with entertaining commentary and poor gameplay.

Tyler

Platinum
Reaction score
Bring good quality content and win the survival games.

Reaction score
It doesn't mater if you have the best art, good commentary, a good mic or stuff like that. What matters is that you have a uniqueness that brings your viewers back for more.

Kellyys

District 13
Reaction score
Be original, don't use hohawee background music, try to make your introduction in the video original not like other youtubers ''Yooo guys, my name is [Insert Name] and today we are back with another episode of the Minecraft Survival Games''. Also, good commentary, no shuddering, and good render settings, no one likes watching those blurry videos >.>

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci