• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

When I try to record my game lags

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUniqueOne

Survivor
Reaction score
I tried bandicam and fraps to record and I lagged. Even my FPS was high enough. Please help am I missing something? I need some options.
I've got an Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti and Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.00 GHz.

Last edited:

TomahawkGoesChop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ur processor cant handle recording :D
Whats the point of getting a good gpu and a bac cpu?

TheUniqueOne

Survivor
Reaction score
My processor isn't bad. It can handle GTX 750 Ti and it offers average performance.
I just can't upgrade my PC there are a lot of reasons. I sold my GTS 250 and get this GPU and that's it. That will be my last upgrade

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
My processor isn't bad. It can handle GTX 750 Ti and it offers average performance.
I just can't upgrade my PC there are a lot of reasons. I sold my GTS 250 and get this GPU and that's it. That will be my last upgrade
Speaking from a hardware perspective, what you're currently doing is bottlenecking your system. By having an outdated CPU, and relatively new GPU, you've put your system in a situation where your GPU cannot perform to its full potential due to factory restrictions of the CPU. A Core 2 Duo simply can't utilize all the information being supplied by the GPU. Because of this, the CPU tells the GPU to slow down, so that it can process all the graphical information being carried provided. Overall, my best advice would be to upgrade your CPU at your convenience in order to prevent bottlenecking.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I also noticed that there's no RAM quantity being given here. The CPU is a potential bottleneck (especially if it's a quad with low clock speeds. Bandicam nor Fraps offer multithreading, I believe), but if this guy is running only 2 or 4 Gigs of RAM, there's the true issue.

....That will be my last upgrade
As a system builder, I hear and say this a lot. And it is never, ever true.

Tal_Pal

Platinum
Reaction score
You're going to wan't a new processor, and usually upgrading a processor isn't as easy as upgrading your gfx card. I recommend saving some money up and putting it toward a new processor, motherboard, case exc. because it's usually easier to upgrade an entire system then to just upgrade the processor. chances are, if you just upgrade the processor, the socket type of you're new processor won't work with your current motherboard, so you'll need a new motherboard. upgrading your motherboard can mean your ram wont fit (memory standard is supported) and depending on your wattage of your power supply, you may also need a new one too. a new case may be needed also.

my honest suggestion is to look at bundles (or diy kits) on newegg.com and see if you can either get a set that includes everything except the gfx card (usually can run around $500-$700+) or get a bundle with just the motherboard, processor, and ram ($300-$500+) provided your current case and power supply supports them. also you may need a new operating system. not sure if you need a new OS license or not when you upgrade your processor and such
if you're looking at intel processors then an i5 should be more then powerful for what you need idk much about amd processors

TheUniqueOne

Survivor
Reaction score
Guys, like I said that will be my last upgrade. I did lots of research about GTX 750 Ti. I watched gaming videos and a Q6600 can handle that GPU. I have seen people with worse systems and they can record properly. BTW I've got 5 GB RAM.

YourAverageTiger

i control this entire operation
Reaction score
Guys, like I said that will be my last upgrade. I did lots of research about GTX 750 Ti. I watched gaming videos and a Q6600 can handle that GPU. I have seen people with worse systems and they can record properly. BTW I've got 5 GB RAM.
Yeah 5GB? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci