• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Which Hunger Games Book Is The Best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalfEggs

Tribute
Reaction score
Yeah, the movie was good, if you had seen the books, and if you can get past them needing to skip some details.

Planty_98

Spectator
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought the movie was very true to the book for once, unlike most movies based off books.

Tyler49er5

Experienced
Reaction score
The movie was crap if you compare it to the books and their depth but when it comes to story line and overall cenimatics the movie was not half bad

Z

ZombieTracker

Yeah, I thought the movie was very true to the book for once, unlike most movies based off books.
I have to disagree with you here. The story, premise, and characters were the same. The movie changes around the fundamental story so much I have no clue how they are going to function in the equals. Characters like the mayor, his daughter, and the Avox were all left out but were important to the story in the other books.
Also the meaning of the mocking jay pin is completely different. In the movie it was more meaningful, important, and stronger of a symbol. In the book it is something Katniss does not care about and constantly forgets and looses. They also act like she is not even supposed to have it in the movie, when it is perfectly acceptable in the book.

And the movie was just terrible compared to the books.
I again have to disagree with this statement as well. I prefer the movie to the books because as I mentioned above, the mockingjay pin has a stronger meaning than in the books, which makes the upcoming stories stronger with more emotion because it was from her sister. I also like the movie because it is not first person and it shows and explains what all is going on, not just what Katness knows, which is one of the things I had a problem with in the book. You get a lot more information from the movie, and I like that. I am not saying it is the perfect movie, and I do have problems with it, like how they cut out some characters who are important later and about most of the stuff that happens in the arena. The movie makes it look like the games last maybe a week, if even that, but it really lasts around 3 weeks I believe. Also, what happens with Katniss and Petta during that time is important and the movie just doesn't pull it off that well. It does have its issues, but it was not terrible.

pearll12

Spectator
Reaction score
I liked the second book better, mainly because your introduced to Fininck :D. But, really the second one had a good amount of suspense for me, not too much, not too little.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
[quote="I again have to disagree with this statement as well. I prefer the movie to the books because as I mentioned above, the mockingjay pin has a stronger meaning than in the books, which makes the upcoming stories stronger with more emotion because it was from her sister. I also like the movie because it is not first person and it shows and explains what all is going on, not just what Katness knows, which is one of the things I had a problem with in the book. You get a lot more information from the movie, and I like that. I am not saying it is the perfect movie, and I do have problems with it, like how they cut out some characters who are important later and about most of the stuff that happens in the arena. The movie makes it look like the games last maybe a week, if even that, but it really lasts around 3 weeks I believe. Also, what happens with Katniss and Petta during that time is important and the movie just doesn't pull it off that well. It does have its issues, but it was not terrible.[/quote]
By terrible, I meant not as good. I should have worded it better I guess.

The movie had a couple of upsides compared to the book but the book still dominates.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I liked the second book better, mainly because your introduced to Fininck :D. But, really the second one had a good amount of suspense for me, not too much, not too little.
Why does everyone like Finnick? :p
All he does is this, "Hey Katniss, Want Some Sugar? *Wink Wink*."

Z

ZombieTracker

His character does get better after you are introduced to him, and he and I have similar personalities, so that is why I kinda relate/ like his character. Mental flaws and everything

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
I liked the movie, but felt it could have been done much better. The first book is the best in terms of story, because we're so intrigued by the fresh ideas that are covered. the second book is best though for character development, i enjoyed the struggles that Katniss had to endure after winning like she did, it added to the sense of control and supression behind the Hunger Games. The third i felt was just a way of tying up loose ends really... not that exciting although how Peeta reacts around Katniss was a great touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci