• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Which server suits you the best?

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
Honest truth is that some of the senior staff including Chad don't like me anymore so it's no longer sticky.
To be fair, the in-game ping meters are bad and should feel bad. (jokes aside...) It's sending a packet, then receiving it, then calculating the time between when it sent and received like it should...right? No, it adds on quite a bit of ms (like 100-200ms) for processing time and whatnot.
Minecraft is a bit...broken, so to speak. The ping check is one of the broken / unreliable things.

For example: I have a 44ms ping to both Ashburn, Virginia, and Phoenix, Arizona. In game, both locations say 200ms because it takes so much extra time for Java to realize "hey .. I've got a packet. where do I put this..."

Of course, you did put the command prompt method of pinging, therefore I approve. Problem is that we use SRV records now, and these SRV records don't actually have an "address" so to speak. If you were to ping us2.mcsg.in, it'd return no records found.

PresidentSnow

Tribute
Reaction score
To be fair, the in-game ping meters are bad and should feel bad. (jokes aside...) It's sending a packet, then receiving it, then calculating the time between when it sent and received like it should...right? No, it adds on quite a bit of ms (like 100-200ms) for processing time and whatnot.
Minecraft is a bit...broken, so to speak. The ping check is one of the broken / unreliable things.

For example: I have a 44ms ping to both Ashburn, Virginia, and Phoenix, Arizona. In game, both locations say 200ms because it takes so much extra time for Java to realize "hey .. I've got a packet. where do I put this..."

Of course, you did put the command prompt method of pinging, therefore I approve. Problem is that we use SRV records now, and these SRV records don't actually have an "address" so to speak. If you were to ping us2.mcsg.in, it'd return no records found.
Hey i was wondering if you can make me a minecraft plugin, I will pay 20 dollars for it, if you make me one . if you want i will pay more!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
But how i know which is best ?
I have a mac
It's based off where you live. If you live in the US, the US servers are the best. If you live in Canada or maybe northern US, then CA is the best. If you live near Australia, AU is the best. If you live in Asia, AS servers are the best. If you live around Europe, EU is the best :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci