• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why are we adding new gametypes before fixing the old ones?

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Just recently (yesterday/today) MCGamer released the beta stage of UHC.

Now my question is, why are we adding more gametypes, ending up in more things needing developed.

Things are on "the list" to me done by devs already, things that have been BROKEN SINCE AUGUST OF 2014! Apparently, they must not be inportant.

Incase the staff just forgot what these things are.

TF2 is unplayable due to the glitches right now.

Sg Classic and Quarter Quell have been having glitches where you don't even tp to the correct world.

MCSG, WHICH IS MCGAMERS BIGGEST GAMETYPE, AND THE ONLY REASON PEOPLE PLAY HERE, STILL HAS MAPS THAT CRASH CONSTANTLY!!!

I find a problem with MCGamer, they say on their Mod applications "Quality vs Quantity"

Why does that not apply here? Why are we adding pointless gametypes, which don't even work properly, to a server with decently running games with glitches. Why are we trying to do so many things at once?

I hate to break it to you.

MCSG is the title known for this community and these servers, no matter how many times you say mcgamer.

MCSG is what this server does, (correction, DID) do best.

The lack of maintenance to MCSG is what is taking this community apart.

If I want to play minigames, I go to hive, hypixel, or mineplex.

If I want to play UHC, I go to reddit, twitt, or badlion.

If I want to play MCSG, I go here.

I'm starting to think I should stop coming here.

Prove me wrong staff, not by words explaining stuff that hasn't happened or things you are planning to do.

Not by exaggerating what you are doing.

Nor anything else.

But actually listen to us, THE COMMUNITY, the reason why you are staff in the GODDAMN FIRST PLACE!

And if not, the other servers I mentioned will outlast this one.

Last edited:

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
First of all, let me set things straight. If we did everything someone wanted because they "threatened to leave the community," we'd lose more people than we'd gain. You threatening to leave isn't helping your cause, at all.

Secondly, you need to realize that raging about it and posting a thread with caps and disrespectful words won't get you anywhere, anytime. We don't operate under the demand of someone making a thread. We will look into your requests, but we aren't just going to do things you tell us to. It's like you telling your parents (or guardians) to buy you a phone or some other expensive thing without negotiating or asking kindly (if that will even work)

Finally, I do understand some of where you're coming from. I know many people wanted a UHC, but I also know that a lot of people want some old game types fixed. I would prefer that, since I don't actually play many of the game types, major bugs are fixed and then new game types are released just for quality. Nonetheless, the developers have done a pretty good job with the UHC, and I presume that they'll do a satisfactory job fixing bugs too.

/rant over

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
First of all, let me set things straight. If we did everything someone wanted because they "threatened to leave the community," we'd lose more people than we'd gain. You threatening to leave isn't helping your cause, at all.

Secondly, you need to realize that raging about it and posting a thread with caps and disrespectful words won't get you anywhere, anytime. We don't operate under the demand of someone making a thread. We will look into your requests, but we aren't just going to do things you tell us to. It's like you telling your parents (or guardians) to buy you a phone or some other expensive thing without negotiating or asking kindly (if that will even work)

Finally, I do understand some of where you're coming from. I know many people wanted a UHC, but I also know that a lot of people want some old game types fixed. I would prefer that, since I don't actually play many of the game types, major bugs are fixed and then new game types are released just for quality. Nonetheless, the developers have done a pretty good job with the UHC, and I presume that they'll do a satisfactory job fixing bugs too.

/rant over
I didn't threaten anything, I am being honest, and speaking others opinions as well as mine, since nobody else is.

I used caps in areas where they were most appropriately needed.

I did not rage, did you see me threaten anyone, did you see me swear, did you see me do anything that is associated with rage?

I am not demanding MCGamer does what I say. I am simply telling you guys that people WILL leave if the staff only listen so a select few people in the community, not at all what we need.

All I'm saying is, I find adding pointless gametypes, POINTLESS!

The UHC boom with youtubers has hit its high, and people are simply already starting to move on from the big uhc servers/communitys.

You say you understand what I say, but I find you only use those words as a lie and a way to get me to listen to your side, instead of adressing actual points in my argument.

The ad-hominem in your response may convince others, but not me.

Maso

Diamond
Reaction score
Don't mean to piss you off or anything, but I feel like UHC was a good move on MCSG's behalf, as UHC will not be popular forever, and MCSG obviously saw this helping their servers. If they did not grasp on to UHC whilst it was popular it may have been to late. At the same time, I completely understand where you are coming from.

EDIT: gg

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Don't mean to piss you off or anything, but I feel like UHC was a good move on MCSG's behalf, as UHC will not be popular forever, and MCSG obviously saw this helping there servers. If they did not grasp on to UHC whilst it was popular it may have been to late. At the same time, I completely understand where you are coming from.
I honestly think with 1.8 and the big uhc players leaving MCGamer for the MCSG changing, they won't just come back with uhczone/eximius type hosted uhc.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Kinda related: Can someone please tell me why the majority of servers available to play are servers that are completely empty 48/120 player servers?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Funny how people asked for UHC and other new gamemodes before, and now you're upset because it's being added.
???
Logic.

I'm personally excited for the introduction of UHC. I hope that it doesn't break and glitch like the other underdeveloped gamemodes (let's be honest - they get neglected, like you pointed out.)
UHC is a gamemode that has been very popular recently, hitting levels that are quite possibly equivalent to Survival Games back in 2012/2013. (I haven't really checked the statistics, though.) Even if they were to fix the bugs in the other gamemodes, how much would they benefit from it? Yes, there might be more players. But would the numbers be equivalent to the amount of players and hype that they're going to get from adding UHC? I doubt it. ZedChase, MCTF2, SGC, and QQ simply don't have the large player-base that UHC does, and never has.

~ah, my typing has slowed down and I've run out of time. :c

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MCSG added UHC?

*slams head against desk*

I found one thread about an MCGamer UHC, and then I found 7 people against it in about 3 minutes.

But whatever. As long as the other gamemodes on MCSG that I never play get fixed soon, it's okay.

I'm personally excited for the introduction of UHC. I hope that it doesn't break and glitch like the other underdeveloped gamemodes (let's be honest - they get neglected, like you pointed out.)
Yay for honesty!

The staff doesn't fool anyone by repeating what other higher staff has. It's not an opinion, that's a suck-up statement.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I am not demanding MCGamer does what I say. I am simply telling you guys that people WILL leave if the staff only listen so a select few people in the community, not at all what we need.
Looked pretty demanding and threatening to me...
All I'm saying is, I find adding pointless gametypes, POINTLESS!
I don't think it's pointless, since most community members support it. Just saying.
You say you understand what I say, but I find you only use those words as a lie and a way to get me to listen to your side, instead of adressing actual points in my argument.
I actually do. I know it can be used in that manner, but I do understand part of what you're saying. I am here to moderate, protect the server from malicious users, and help run events, not to play games. I really don't mind much, since I won't play anyways; however, I like to see bugs fixed. If it were me, I'd have a list of things to get done and I'd finish it in order of priority (most important/gamebreaking things are high priority).
^ I definitely agree. Does it hurt MCGamer, though? Not much. Personally, I'd like to see a big update that (1) fixes the semi-played, but broken gamemodes and (2) removes any gamemodes that aren't played, even when fully functional.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to sell our gamemodes over to Mineplex. They're not getting any popularity here, but in a minigame-oriented community, I think they could be much more used. Also, I think the server would probably be better at fixing glitches with them.

The devs here use priority as popularity, meaning that the MCSG bugs will be fixed first. When new ones come up constantly, they don't have time to fix other gamemodes' bugs, even if they may be massive. It's kind of like a genocide for players that are on MCGamer only for the other games.

So I don't think the gamemodes need to be removed. They just need to "have new owners." Honestly, keeping them here is embarrassing.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
Funny how people asked for UHC and other new gamemodes before, and now you're upset because it's being added.
???
Logic.

UHC is a gamemode that has been very popular recently, hitting levels that are quite possibly equivalent to Survival Games back in 2012/2013. (I haven't really checked the statistics, though.) Even if they were to fix the bugs in the other gamemodes, how much would they benefit from it? Yes, there might be more players. But would the numbers be equivalent to the amount of players and hype that they're going to get from adding UHC? I doubt it. ZedChase, MCTF2, SGC, and QQ simply don't have the large player-base that UHC does, and never has.

~ah, my typing has slowed down and I've run out of time. :c
I never asked for uhc on here they're just gonna ruin it it they host like mcsg is hosted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci