• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why do people apply for moderator?

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
He means they do it just to stand out/draw attention.

Moderating is fun, Moderating is not fun. Think long-term, and how it will affect your real life. I let it get to the point where I was failing classes, because I was playing MC/Moderating instead of studying. No videogame should dictate your GPA.
If that's his point, I disagree. Anyone who does it to stand out obviously doesn't get much done which would get them demoted eventually. Almost all of the new moderators have helped out in cleansweeps, and other things as well.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
If that's his point, I disagree. Anyone who does it to stand out obviously doesn't get much done which would get them demoted eventually. Almost all of the new moderators have helped out in cleansweeps, and other things as well.
He just stated his opinion, maybe they help in clean-sweeps to fit in with the other mods, or because it looks like they are doing well. I'm not here to trash anyone, but I wasn't born yesterday.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
He just stated his opinion, maybe they help in clean-sweeps to fit in with the other mods, or because it looks like they are doing well. I'm not here to trash anyone, but I wasn't born yesterday.
And I am stating my opinion. Heck, if they're still participating and banning hackers then how do you know what they're doing it for? I wasn't born yesterday either which is why I know that most of our staff don't just do it for attention. If they wanted attention, VIP would be the way to go.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
And I am stating my opinion. Heck, if they're still participating and banning hackers then how do you know what they're doing it for? I wasn't born yesterday either which is why I know that most of our staff don't just do it for attention. If they wanted attention, VIP would be the way to go.
I said maybe, because it was 1 observation. Let me just say this, not everyone applied because "they want to help the community" or "they love mcsg"

Zeff

Survivor
Reaction score
It's true that a few people who apply only see the moderator rank as a way to boost their reputation. Luckily most of them never get hired.

Felipe

Platinum
Reaction score
I applied for two reasons, to help out my favorite minecraft server, and to learn experience in how to help people.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's still possible to get accepted for interview, even if it's an age exception.

Anyway, I applied for mod because I wanted to see people happier in the community and I wanted to help out.​
Yeah but I didn't apply for the age exception :(

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
I said maybe, because it was 1 observation. Let me just say this, not everyone applied because "they want to help the community" or "they love mcsg"
And that is why I said *most* of them don't. I know that there are always going to be a few bad apples.

Le0

District 13
Reaction score
Back in my day, I literally thought "Oh this would be cool" and applied. No long thing about wanting to help the community or anything (sure I wanted to and liked it, when I became staff, but not so much back then I was new), it was pretty much just because it sounded fun :p

Of course I got kicks from helping people and stuff like that, but I didn't think stuff like that would happen when I signed up :p

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
You can do the same a moderator does without committing to the staff position, I always say.

This is why I will never apply for moderator again, because there is no need for it. I do not intend to commit to the position, nor think it is necessary, redundant, because one way or another you can strive to help in the same or similar ways.

People just don't think about this, and think being a moderator only means having a red name. But that not it at all: Being a moderator is knowing the rules, knowing how to help people, and choosing the best decisions for the community; not just having some red name.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Most people do it for the rank, but won't admit it. It's all chill though, as long as we pull through each day.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci