• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why do people apply for moderator?

Avaline

Platinum
Reaction score
It really depends on the person. Some is pure of heart and only wish to help. Some people do it for the power. Some do it for the attention and rising popularity. You can compare the community with a school-class. In a class you will have a lot of different people. The people will often get into groups, often seen as: The popular once, the losers (the people who get picked on and bullied), The wannabes and the people who is just there. Now.. People might see the mods as the popular once and wants to be a part of that, to become one of the popular kids. The truth is, that becoming a mod doesn't necessarily make you popular. The community is still like a class, but it's more realistic that you might think. You will only become popular in here if the popular kids wants you too, if they decide they like you, then you will have a fun time as a mod, if they don't like you... you'll have a hard time, no matter how good you are at the work. Another thing that you get noticed for is probably if you fight the system... then you'll get banned too.. but people will remember you c: To bet back on track, the most mods I have come across, became mod due the the red name, the power and the popularity, but most of them also change after a while. The people who became mod for the right reasons are often the mods who will stick around for longest time. :)

N

Nikola

Someone does it for the glory, someone does it for the attention, someone does it for the power and the last but the most important one is: Someone does it to help out people in any possible way. If you ask me I would personally apply to help people as much as I can, meet new friends. I wouldn't apply to get known in the community or to be popular by having the red name, no that's just wrong. Moderating is knowing how to help people in certain situations and knowing the rules. I believe 80% of the Staff Team are trying their best to make this place even better than it is currently. I would love to tag some of the current Staff that are pretty much doing an awesome job, but there's way too many of them.

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
Gaining experience is a great reward obtained from moderating. One of the main reasons I applied was to enhance my personal skills. c:

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
most people do it for the satisfaction of having some sort of power and they usually hope for more, usually becoming corrupt.

H

Holiday

Not sure, to be honest. My friend was a moderator on here at the time, I had lots of free time (which I would spend watching anime), and seeing hackers using hacks seemed, and still seems to be, funny to me (especially the obvious ones such as dolphin and speed)!

Rather than having a reason why, I like think of the positives of how becoming a moderator of this community has helped me. Ever since I got accepted, I've definitely improved my writing skills. Surprisingly, not only for English, but for Turkish, one of the most spoken languages on the EU region's servers, as well. I've been able to think outside of the box when explaining my ideas and suggestions while also expressing them in a clearer manner. By being a part of the clan staff and dealing with TeamSpeak issues, I've learned how to take leadership and deal with various situations on my own. The more active you are, the more you're able to take away from being a member of staff on here. Along with that, I've met plenty of amazing people, too!

The reason for everyone may be different, but one thing is for certain--some kind of experience, whether it is bad or good, is gained in the end. :D

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
I asked for my mod app to be deleted because I don't want to look like a tool.

M

MattGlowstone

I applied because I wanted to help the community and help with a number of the events that are hosted on teamspeak, it's a great privilege to have gotten my mod rank, I would definitely encourage you guys to apply :)

CultHD

Experienced
Reaction score
Ik this isnt rly answering the question, but i feel like if i was a mod i wouldnt be able to have fun anymore. :/

M

MattGlowstone

Ik this isnt rly answering the question, but i feel like if i was a mod i wouldnt be able to have fun anymore. :/
Being a mod doesn't mean you can't have fun, I still play SG games and enjoy it, everyday of my almost 4 months here, I have had fun, you get to meet new people and make new friends :)

ALL1DO1SW1N

District 13
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, every mod will say they signed up to help the community on this thread, I know i'm going to get corrected here. But some didn't do it just for that reason, let's be honest.

Enlighten

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I applied to give back to this community. It has done so much for me in many ways. It provided a fun place to come and talk to friends on the internet that understand things I'm going through in real life. It also has been a place where I have been able to meet many amazing people. Some of the people I am the closest to are on the internet. I know that sounds weird, but it's honestly true. Now people may consider me unsocial, but the fact of the matter is. These people understand me. They help me. and lastly and most importantly. They bring me happiness. Being given these amazing things but giving nothing in turn seemed pretty selfish to me. Thus the reason I felt I had to give back to the community. I can tell you being a mod is great! Being able to help people with problems that they have is a great feeling, as is knowing that you've made someone's day better. Those are the most rewarding parts of being a moderator in my opinion.

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Similarly to applying just for the perks of the mod rank, if you apply and get accepted, DON'T IMMEDIATELY START THINKING ABOUT WHEN YOU WILL GET SR. MOD. I have seen this happen so many times, and it's highly irritating. You have at least four months of extremely hard work and dedication ahead of you before you will even be considered, so just shove that thought out of your mind.

Sorry for the mini-rant, just my two cents :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci